Posted by TNA Wrestling News Staff on May 18, 2013
A Fundraiser Set Up For Zema Ion’s Medical Bills

A Fundraiser Set Up For Zema Ion’s Medical Bills

UPDATE: As previously reported, Zema Ion had an emergency appendectomy this week which resulted in doctors finding a five centimeter tumor in his colon. Ion is waiting back on results of a biopsy for a status update and will be undergoing another surgery to have the tumor removed. Ion, real name Michael Paris, doesn’t have insurance and a fundraising drive has been set up by his girlfriend at You can donate by clicking here. As of this writing, $190 has been raised.

The goal is to raise $30,000 over the next 93 days.

ORIGINAL: TNA X-Division wrestler Zema Ion recently had to be rushed to the hospital for severe stomach pains. He posted the following on Twitter…

“Good morning! Ended up goin to the hospital afterall last night. And long story short….it was one of the smartest things i could have done”

He then added the following update though Facebook, noting that he had appendicitis and that doctors found a tumor on his colon…

“I’m alive! Seriously thank you all for the get well wishes. Means the world to me. I was rushed to the hospital lasts night for sharp stomach pains i was having. I couldnt stop puking. For like 9 straight hours. I didnt wanna go to the hosptial, but the pain was too much to handle. Thank god i went, as i ended up having appendicitis and had to have my appendix removed today. I consider this a blessing in disguise too, coz the cat scans also revealed that i have a tumor on my colon and will eventually need another surgery to try and remove it. Hoping it is not cancerous. Pray for me! This really sucks lol”

10 Responses to “A Fundraiser Set Up For Zema Ion’s Medical Bills”

1. Get_Carter says:

I'm not a huge fan of his wrestling persona but I do hope he recovers from this. Here's to praying the tumor isn't cancerous.

2. lethalgunstyles says:

thats not pretty

3. Steven says:

Considering donating, but should TNA not be helping this guy out? It just seems wrong that his girlfriend has had to do this.

4. Zxspectrum says:

I am not a huge fan of his but I hope things go ok. That said not having medical insurance in his line of work is a bit silly.

5. brahbrah69 says:

being a professional wrestler u'd think the guy would have some insurence

• OldManEaston says:

It is high risk insurance, and he likely is on the low end of the pay scale and can't afford it, like the 500 dollar per appearance range that many of TNA workers have been under for a long time in TNA. TNA needs to at least help with his expenses. It is ridiculous that they don't, while Dixie Carter continues to portray TNA as being a big family, yet pay their employees so little. If the "Evil Empire" is willing to help out it's employees, even past employees who haven't been with the company in years in many cases, it is pretty pathetic that TNA doesn't, yet pretends to be big time. For a tiny fraction of what they waste on Hulk and Brooke Hogan, they could help this kid out. TNA is the Walmart of wrestling, where the upper management makes six figure salaries, plus a Christmas bonus, that are more than what a full-time associate makes in an entire year. While the associate makes minimum wage and can't afford their bogus stock options or rancid company insurance policy, so they have to rely on food stamps and medicaid to cover the difference. Family my ass.

• Stunner says:

I can’t believe I’m about to type this I agree! 150%

• KGill28 says:

It's amazing that you know so much about a privately owned company. There is no way you know what wrestlers are getting paid. Also, how do you know TNA isn't helping pay the bills?
        This is a lot of speculation on your part.

6. Mike says:

I just pray for his hair will to be alright. How about more hair spray?

7. josieamy says:

Tna has to help don't they.