Posted by TNA Wrestling News Staff on Apr 9, 2013
Adam Pearce Addresses The TNA Gutcheck

Adam Pearce Addresses The TNA Gutcheck

Adam Pearce posted the following today, discussing Thursday’s TNA Gutcheck…

Thursday is a big day for me.

Not just professionally, but personally as well. After spending more than half my life involved in professional wrestling I stand on the doorstep of what could be – what should be – the next chapter in my wrestling life. And the door has been left open a crack.

I have the greatest job in the world, but I won’t lie: It’s hard. Being a full-time world-traveling independent professional wrestler in 2013 is an incredible accomplishment, if I can say so without sounding pompous. But it is also a constant, seemingly never-ending, hustle. And because I burn the candle at both ends handling everything else “in house” (acting as my own agent, manager, travel coordinator, and merchandiser – not to mention the actual performing part), it would be very easy to burn out. And I have at times in the last two decades.

But not now. Not when we’re standing on the precipice and the door is cracked open.

I have always been one to wait and see. And whether it’s good or bad (and I’m sure it’s both), I am picky. I have passed several times on opportunities that a lot of my peers would have jumped at. If you know the stories, then you know what I’m talking about. But something about this time – this opportunity – is different. This time just feels…right.

If you enjoyed seeing me on @ImpactWrestling and would like that to happen more often, then I’ve never needed you more than I do NOW. The support I received during and following my @SpikeTV appearance astounded me, and none of you knew ahead of time. I cannot begin to thank you all enough for how that made me and my family feel. This time we all have the benefit of knowing what’s at stake and whether we have any “power” in the @TNAGutCheck process is immaterial.

We all have a voice and NOW is the time to use it. I feel like I’ve done the best I can with what opportunity I’ve been given so far at TNA. I feel like I kicked the door wide open, and I would be honored to have the chance to walk through it. Walk with me.

This Thursday, Impact Wrestling airs LIVE from Corpus Christi, Texas on SpikeTV. If I am fortunate to be able to state my case before the GutCheck judges they will hear my voice. If you please, let them all hear yours between now and then.

#OpenYourEyes
#OpenTheDoor
#GetOutOfMyWay
#WatchTheMagicHappen

24 Responses to “Adam Pearce Addresses The TNA Gutcheck”

1. Stunner says:

I think he was solid and he got a reaction, he comes across as a heel I’m trying to see him as a face vise a heel. I feel to be a success you should be able to crossover at anytime to keep the wrestler fresh. Not sure if I could see him as a face, however I was sure that Austin Aries couldnt pull it off and A double did it with ease. If TNA thinks he can pull that part off then I say sign him.

• Leg Drop Jobber says:

Go on youtube and search Adam Pearce vs. Colt Cabana Seven Levels of Hate Parts 1 through 7. After I watched that, I was convinced the guy is awesome. He deserves a shot. I don't think anyone will be disappointed.

2. hosersrock says:

I think they should both get contracts.they were both equally good …but there can be only one winner on thursday'

3. andy3323 says:

Not saying he is just like the person I am going to compare him to, but with his demanor/attitude and the way he carried himself in the ring and had that confidence about him, he was like an off-brand Steve Austin, IMO. He just strikes me as someone who could come in and just make some waves and could take on anyone given his experience.

I'll be pulling for them to choose him, partially due to that and I have never been overly excited about masked luchador-type wrestlers…..maybe a handful I haven't minded, but just seems to take away something for me.

• Jack_Flagrant says:

Regarding his likeness to Stone Cold, I was thinking the same thing towards the end of the match and afterwards. I also agree that they should use him as someone that can be a heel with some pop; a solid storyline and decent writing should be able to take care of that.

Although I was impressed with the quickness and agility for a man the size of Magna, he missed a few spots (one critical spot) and has an appearance that does not set him apart from other run-of-the-mill luchadors.

If you want to bring someone in with a mask, give Rubix more air time.

• Leg Drop Jobber says:

His size would definitely be one thing that would set him apart from other luchadors… At least the one's featured in most US promotions.

• Leg Drop Jobber says:

I think the same thing about Anderson. I'm sure Austin is a massive influence on some of today's wrestlers.

4. TwIsTeD_EnEmY says:

He looks to be a solid, yet possibly generic wrestler.
    I preferred Magno of the two on the day, but he appeared to have botched a couple of times ( I wasnt sure whether or not his moves were intentional or botches, but Taz seemed to insinuate that he botched)

• Tiffanydude says:

I prefer Magno also, Adam pierce has great personality and makes a great heel, but he didn't really impress me in ring wise, nothing really stood out. Magno on the other hand made the match exciting with his lucha libre style of wrestling, his botched moves however which is a serious risk factor especially when he landed on his head. I wish somehow they but get a contract but if I had to choose I would choose Magno :)

• Phenomenal99 says:

I totally agree Magno would my pick but it seems that every wrestler I want to go through on the gut check doesn't, for example Ivellise (not sure if ive spelt that right) should have won the contract but i'm guessing Lady Teipa won because of her heritage, another one was Alex Silva I didn't rate him in his match and I don't rate him now. I do agree with Sam Shaw & Christian York though I didn't think York would be put in the X Division as he has been though

5. whatsup121 says:

give it to the guy with the mask TNA needs a Ray Mestero Jr

6. bj pen says:

what the hell? Adam dear: it was’nt a good match,you both aren’t the best wrestlers in the bizz if you know what i mean

i think we so much more better wrestlers then you preforming in gut check but didnt earn a contract so please stay quit,you are not that good!

7. lethalgunstyles says:

Magno was better, also tna already has many awesome heels (roode, aries, bully, daniels, kazarian, morgan joey ryan, rockstar spud……..) awesome babyfaces???

• TwIsTeD_EnEmY says:

I think Spud is going to be face by the looks of it..
      Not sure they can have someone with his build as a heel

8. riff9228 says:

Magno has some flashy moves but is unable to tell a story in the ring. Adam Pearce is 1000X’s better when itcomes to ring psychology.

9. TheFurnitureom says:

Gutcheck > NXT.

• Jack_Flagrant says:

I would rather see TNA harness their energy and resources to create a second program spotlighting the X-Division, Tag Teams, and Knockouts. Gutcheck and NXT are no better than one another.

Tough Enough was greater than both.