Posted by TNA Wrestling News Staff on Mar 21, 2013
AUDIO: Austin Aries Speaks On TNA, Future, More

AUDIO: Austin Aries Speaks On TNA, Future, More

Brandon Baxter recently interviewed Austin Aries prior to Impact Wrestling coming to Jonesboro, Arkansas on March 28th. Here are highlights and the video…

On Growing Up a Wrestling Fan: “I grew up a lifelong wrestling fan. I never really thought about doing it. Honestly, as a young kid I never would have thought about how to do that…I was in college and kind of deciding that wasn’t the direction I wanted to be going when a very good childhood friend of mine called me up and told me he was training to be a wrestler…I drove there and checked it out and moved onto his couch two weeks later and never looked back.”

On Influences: “I have a collection of things I like. I grew up watching a lot of Crocket and NWA so I think the Horsemen were people who were pretty influential on me as a kid. And I think someone like Bobby Heenan was such a big personality, so smart with his humor and witty in his timing and that’s something I was drawn too.”

7 Responses to “AUDIO: Austin Aries Speaks On TNA, Future, More”

1. ToledoDavid says:

At least he watched the good stuff…

2. tna24 says:

Austin Aries is like the CM punk of tna.

3. Treck says:

Austin Aries is more entertaining to watch than CM Punk. In my opinion. CM Punk bores me for some reason.

• ariesstormjoe says:

i would put that down to who cm punk has to work with and wwe as whole.

i think cm punk's matches with cena were good. on the mic he was good as a heel champion but only at certain periods.

4. Stunner says:

Man now that was the good wrestling back then, Blackjack Mulligan could slap the claw on someone and it was over. Paul Jones, Rufus “Fraight Train” Jones, Gene and Ole Anderson, Wahoo McDainels, those are just a few of the starts I remember. In Mid Atlantic Championshp Westling era man, I wish I could get a DVD set of those years of wrestling.

5. annil8or4321 says:

he is one of the best on impact