Posted by TNA Wrestling News Staff on Sep 5, 2013
Backstage Update – AJ Styles’ TNA Contract

Backstage Update – AJ Styles’ TNA Contract

Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter

Here is the latest information of AJ Styles’ contract situation with TNA.

* Styles has signed an extension, which will keep him with TNA through “late 2013.”

* Styles’ last contract with the company, a 5-year contract which was due to expire this month, included a clause that stated he would get a raise each year. When it came time to negotiate a new long-term deal, TNA was not willing to offer Styles an annual raise moving forward. The new deal presented to him locked him into one salary for the length of the new deal.

* The financial terms of Styles’ short-term extension are unknown, but Styles could very well become a free agent in early 2014 .

18 Responses to “Backstage Update – AJ Styles’ TNA Contract”

1. HolsG says:

Although AJ isn't 'the best' (i'm still a massive fan) due to a younger roster, he still deserves it – he helped build the company

2. UK TNA says:

AJ is TNA, he’s there john Dena only with more moves and attitude. Dixie, hulk and bishoff or whoever’s in charge here listen to the UK fans and pls. Resign AJ long-term at all costs. I want to c him in Manchester England nxt Jan. I went last year and hoping to c AJ and Hardy and neither were there. That said it was still awesome.

AJ nxt champ at BFG, then hopefully Magnus can best him and get 1st title in England nxt year. Peace

Ps. No disrespect to Cena

• tnadude says:

AJ's TNA because you've been watching for so long. I agree, but then again – I've been watching for a long time.

The truth is that TNA should retain those that can move them forward. AJ should be part of that equation, but if he were John Cena (I don't watch WWE, so mistake me as a Cena mark), TNA would be further along already.

Magnus and James Storm, IMO, are the two guys with the most star potential on the roster today. Eric Young (some will laugh at this) is another that could be a huge star if pushed properly. He'd just have to be the guy who always wins by getting lucky. People would tune in to see how he wins.

• whatsup121 says:

how come you spelled it John Dena up top
      and Cena down below ?

3. DJBIGCG says:

I thought the workers in tna weren't there for the money, it was just for a lighter schedule compared to wwe's. So why is aj throwing a hissy fit?

• jbcissom says:

Because in all honesty, this will be AJ's last long-term contract… unless he gets something similar to a "WWE Legends Deal".

• Vampirofan says:

He's only in his mid thirties, he's not that old. He could get a couple of long term contracts at least. But maybe AJ wants to see if the grass is greener? Who knows.

4. annil8or4321 says:

they need to keep aj on board at least out of loyalty hes shown to the company

5. TheBringer92 says:

I think they should give him the rise and contract because for nothing else he was there from day 1 and he helped make tna.

6. Grandiose7 says:

Well…While I hate to say it. If TNA is going to go down, I would rather AJ jump ship. I want to see him in more entertaining matches and it seems TNA has kind of dropped the ball on him some. It's a hard business there's a reason so many are bought out and only certain areas thrive. I just don't want to see the best years of AJ wasted.

7. whatsup121 says:

AJ Styles is the man

8. whatsup121 says:

AJ Styles is Phenominal

9. whatsup121 says:

AJ Styles is the face of TNA

10. JoeWrestling says:

I like AJ as much as the next guy. But again, he's just posturing for more money, I doubt he's leaving. Either way, I do not know how much money he makes, so how can I say "he deserves a raise". Maybe he's overpaid, maybe he's underpaid, how would I know? I do know the company hasn't been on his back the last year, so it's not like he has some great leverage. He's also had lots of air time to prove his value to the company in recent months, so it's not like he hasn't got his opportunity. So likely he will be paid according to how much he draws, so sounds fair enough.