Posted by TNA Wrestling News Staff on Oct 3, 2013
Backstage Update – Could TNA Wrestling Be Sold?

Backstage Update – Could TNA Wrestling Be Sold?

The current belief in TNA is that the company will survive in some form because Spike TV will not want to lose the product/TV program. There are reports that they will invest money in the product if they need to.

It was previously reported that the Carter family might want to end the promotion if it continues as it has, but it’s more likely that they will sell TNA to get something out of it instead of shutting it down. This is also part of the reason that Dixie Carter wants to keep Hulk Hogan and Sting on board. Their “name value” would add more to the sale if that were ever to occur.

The current questions facing TNA in 2014 are: who will own the promotion, will the company get an overhaul, will the roster change and where will iMPACT! be taped when it is pulled off the road. This is also the reason for the major backstage changes as of late.

31 Responses to “Backstage Update – Could TNA Wrestling Be Sold?”

1. incognitowolfe says:

fk u dixie!

2. stevontte1 says:

More baseless rumor, boooooo!

3. Dennis D says:

*RING RING!!*

“You’ve reached the Turner offices. How may I help you?”

Eric Bischoff: “Lemme talk to him.”

“Hello?”

EB: “Teddy! My man! I got a business opportunity for you”

Ted Turner: “Uh huh.. yeah.. same concept?.. started in the south?.. an NWA product?.. good ol rasslin?.. Spike TV actually wants rasslin?! So there’s a market?!.. HOT DAMN BROTHA SIGN ME UP! I’ll send ya the check book.”

4. purpleurkel says:

Source??? thought so. Dirtsheet b.s. imo

5. Luchador says:

when was this ever previously reported? Its better to have slow news than nonsense

6. Euphoria says:

Lmfao this site has turned into a online rag mag. What is next? TNA signs half human half bat people?

• Philly_Cheese says:

It's turning into enquirer magazine, where they just make up stories for giggles. Spreading misinformation is what media does best… Although I'm sure anyone who knows about the business would offer them less for having Hogan working for them, unless his pay is truly being covered by Spike 100% (I highly doubt it though). Although sometimes I hope TNA does get sold to someone who would take control of the company and actually do something with it… So much lost potential…

7. Steven kelly says:

No latest news is loser at bfg has to milk a goat after the match

8. DJBIGCG says:

No telling if this is true or false, but I wonder what would happen if vkm bought tna

9. DigestivBiscuit says:

THIS IS BS AND FAHK THIS SITE FOR POSTING THIS NON SENSE WHT MAKES THEM THINK TNA WILL BE SOLD? I'D RATHER SEE TNA GOING BACK AS IT STARTED IN 02 THEN SEEING IT BE SOLD. THE ONLY I'M STILL WATCHING WRESTLING IS CAUSE OF TNA.

10. tna24 says:

this might of never happen, if they didnt change what made tna good. ever since eric and hogan came to town i heard nothing but bad things. can we just go back to old tna pre-hogan days. with Jarrett running thing. going on the road wasnt bad, it just might of came too soon. tna doesnt have the product right now that sells to wrestling fans. tna needs to go back to it roots and stick to one place and go from there. also dump!!!!!!!!!!!!! hogan. how much name value does he have all he can do is talk and say brother many times. it not like he know what best for business

11. Darkelzallon says:

It's never been about roster. Even though Hogan is gone, it won't make a different. TNA has to remember what allow them to come this far. From what I am seeing each week, I think they lost track of who they are. From 2002 to 2011, it was the greatest show. Then all of a sudden, big names from wwe or mma that can't wrestle shows up and all of a sudden, all the coolness from 2002 to 2011 are gone.

I hope TNA can find their true track and start walking on it. Stop walking off the track and focus on the track they used to walk on.

12. tnadude says:

My father always told me – "Only believe half of what you read, son."

On this site, make it about 25%. Crap like this is completely concocted. A few weeks back, people on here were SCREAMING for Tenay & Taz to be fired because "somebody claimed they were watching a Jets game during the broadcast".

And the story went – yep – nowhere.

I'll wait to hear it from a more reputable source, thanks.

13. Sturk says:

LOL LOL Where did this "COULD TNA BE SOLD" post come from? This to scare fans when NOBODY in TNA has even been talking about this??

14. Sturk says:

TNA is CLEARLY pushing along as it ALWAYS has and you guys are talking about it getting SOLD? hahaha You guys would get F papers if I was your professor

15. Cam says:

Y’all really are as foolish as you seem. Bob Carter has been opened to selling TNA for the past 5years, which people within the company have said in interviews. Stop blowing the TNA bandwagon, if TNA was sold, that would be a positive for the company Because the Carter’s have no clue about wrestling. Say what you want but TNA hasn’t made Bob Carter any money and if Spike TV drops impact they’re done because Spike splits most of TNA’s expenses now and without Spike, Bob isn’t going to fork over and lose money. Use common sense you marks, you want to believe everything negative about ROH and WWE but act like TNA doesn’t have financial issues or is in trouble

16. brahbrah69 says:

Bishcoff gonna buy tna mark my words

• ricky_No1 says:

Never happen.

• Bigmike885 says:

why not? it almost happened in WCW..only reason it didn't was because Turner broadcasting pulled it off TV..the deal was done..

• ricky_No1 says:

WCW was in debt but TNA are not. Thats the reason why not. The carter family turned down $60 million a few years ago. Simple fact is he could not afford to buy TNA. That just my opinion.

• Bigmike885 says:

That's why he would t but it alone. He had a investment group all lined up with a 100 million dollar offer.Sent from my iPhone

• ricky_No1 says:

That was then, this is now. I dont think people would have the same level of confidence in eric now but you never know. I hope it never happens myself.

17. Bigmike885 says:

I love all your "this site makes up stuff" nonsense…Ive read this on more than one site including PWinsider which Is fairly accurate most of the time..not to say its going to happen, but this site isn't making this story up

18. menionazalee1 says:

*IF* they do sell….and i highly doubt it, it better not the me McMahon… i will turn it off permenatly!

• Bigmike885 says:

you wouldn't have to turn it off..if VKM bought it he would shut it down..he only buys companies for their backlog of footage..

19. tsoutheast says:

This is going to happen. I have been saying this for months. Janice Carter doesn't like wasting money on TNA.

20. Bigmike885 says:

the real question is..if this does happen..how much will it be sold for? It'd be funny if it sold for more than WCW