Posted by TNA Wrestling News Staff on Jul 24, 2013
Backstage Update – Major Heat On Bruce Prichard & More

Backstage Update – Major Heat On Bruce Prichard & More

Source: Pwinsider.com

After Bruce Prichard was cut, the Louisville iMPACT! taking was said to be way more relaxed backstage. In terms of creative, the same team is largely in place and there should not be any noticeable changes.

Early word is that John “Big” Gaburick will be picking up Prichard’s responsibilities as well as Kevin Sullivan’s roles with the company. Gaburick is said to be more positive than Prichard was in his tone while speaking with the talent. There’s hope among talent that he will be able to provide positive change for the company considering the high position that he’s in, though there are a few worried that he has too much on his plate right off the bat.

12 Responses to “Backstage Update – Major Heat On Bruce Prichard & More”

1. Mr. Excitement says:

Anyone notice iMPACT! 'taking?'

2. RavenNevermore says:

Take what? Lol

3. RavenNevermore says:

I wonder who will take Bruce’s gut check spot? I know it will not happen but I would like to see Jeff Jarrett fill that role.

• TwIsTeD_EnEmY says:

So would I, though it will likely be Pat Kenney or someone else from back stage

• Philly_Cheese says:

Considering they released almost all the gut check winners, chances are they might end up scrapping it all together. I wouldn't be surprised if they just flat out pretend gut check never existed.

• jbcissom says:

GutCheck needs to be a once a year thing… like have it be on the "go home" to BFG Impact!. Two indie wrestlers have their match, and then they're hired or not right on the spot.

4. JoeWrestling says:

The Louisville iMPACT was awesome.. they can hire or fire whomever they like if the show stays good. If I buy something at Target or order something online, I don't go do background research and interviews with all the employees to determine if it's okay to buy that week, how much all the managers get paid, etc. Truth be told, the customers are getting a great product at a dirt cheap price for us, so hard to complain as consumers. Your $15 half assed show at TNA is better than your $150 experience at WWE. Good enough for me. The WWE formula is pretty transparent, they call people SHIELD because NBC has a new show from Marvels S.H.I.E.L.D. CM Punk has to dress like Marvels Wolverine, Hogan had to be Marvels Incredible Hulk.. I'm sure Curtis Axel was named that because CBS has a new Beverly Hills Cop show coming out soon. It's fine, but it's not that clever.

• steidman says:

i think axel is related to Hennig's grandfathers handle name

• Get_Carter says:

What the hell are you talking about? The CBS Beverly Hills Cop show wasn't picked up for series. The SHIELD was around long before the network Avenger's spinoff was brought up. I'm no huge fan of the WWE but you're making connections that just don't exist. Pop culture has always influenced professional wrestling but i'm not getting your references. I agree with the first half of your post, not the second half.

5. HolsG says:

…fans are happier to

6. whatsup121 says:

Bruce Prichard is a tool who screwed up

So many times he should have been

Fired a long time ago. Look @ what happened

With Robert Rhoode’s contract when it

Before a major PPV and they had to

Get it fixed ASAP