Posted by TNA Wrestling News Staff on Sep 1, 2013
Big TNA iMPACT! Taping Set + Tara’s Heat With TNA

Big TNA iMPACT! Taping Set + Tara’s Heat With TNA

Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter

— TNA has announced that the company will be running an iMPACT! Wrestling taping on 11/21 in Baltimore, Maryland at the First Mariner Arena. The taping was officially announced by TNA at the company’s 8/30 live event in Hagerstown this weekend.

— Former WWE and TNA star Lisa Marie Varon (aka Victoria, Tara) recently spoke about her recent departure from TNA and talked about in detail why she has no plans to ever return to the company. For those who may have missed it earlier, Varon said, “TNA has definitely shifted their focus as far as the women’s division. It was really my love of wrestling that kept me going. I didn’t think it was the right fit for me anymore. My contract was up in a month or two. They knew I wasn’t going to re-sign. First, they had the travel guy (Bob Ryder) call me and tell me I was released. Then Dixie called me late that day and said it was a financial thing, and they knew I was ready to jump ship anyway. I think the classy thing to do would have been to give me the opportunity to quit rather than getting released. But at the end of the day, everyone got what they wanted. They say never say never in this business. But I’m comfortable saying I will never return to TNA.”

26 Responses to “Big TNA iMPACT! Taping Set + Tara’s Heat With TNA”

1. jbcissom says:

She didn't like what direction they were headed in? Does that mean she didn't want Velvet, Taryn, Gail Kim, and ODB pushed in front of her? Because if that is the case, I'm glad she's gone. Yeah, they're doing an overhaul of the KOs right now, but they're definitely no Divas.

• toddmikki says:

Taras washed up, very old and would rather not look at her compared to our other knockouts. And by the way theres less paperwork when your let-go compared to quitting.

• Sturk says:

I wouldn't call her washed up but I agree with everything else you said. I think she's just jealous cause they were moving past her. She would've ended up like a Doug Williams in an OVW capacity.

• ricky_No1 says:

Not yet but give it time. The knockout division was pure wrestling a few years back but its heading down diva ally in my opinion.

• jbcissom says:

So you're telling me that Gail Kim's matches with Taryn Terrell and ODB haven't been better than the men's matches here lately? I know a lot of people that would disagree with you. I mean I never thought Gail could top her match with Kong, but she's done it twice.

And I may have forgotten, but was there ever a Diva's Ladder match, two-out-of-three falls, Cage match, Last (wo)Man Standing match? Because I sure as hell don't.

• Leg Drop Jobber says:

I think Gail and Taryn's matches were a turning point. The KO's division went through a tough year or so. Everything from Karen Jarrett having them washing cars to the ridiculous attempt at a "KO's GM" with Brooke Hogan.

Since that Kim Terrell feud started, things have most definitely picked up. If only they could do the same with the tag division, x division and hell even the TV title, TNA could go back to a "competitive match" format, as opposed to the "overbooked-finish" format they've used in damn near every title match during the HOG and Bisch era.

• Philly_Cheese says:

Her comment is that the KO division hasn't gotten the attention it deserves and neither do the wrestlers there. You're forgetting that some of the best KOs in the company's history have all left not long after HH and Bruce arrived in the company.

• jbcissom says:

I agree, but while HH and Bischoff have been there, here lately, the ones stealing the show are Gail Kim and whomever she's facing… whether it's ODB or Taryn Terrell… even that messed up tag match with MJ was one of the better matches that night.

I give LMV credit, because she's a really good female wrestler. But what we've seen with Gail Kim and the remaining KOs, this just comes across as sour grapes.

• CuteBoy666 says:

4 knockouts doesn't make a division…

• JoeWrestling says:

Yeah 4 knockouts don't make a division.. only problem is it doesn't take more than 4 women to have two feuds, which is all they can justify paying for. So unless you want the same matches, the only other option is to get rid of them every so often and bring in different women. But if you do that, people will also whine that they are letting them go. So might as well just make the match ups they have enjoyable. Although the solution is staring us right in the face, you need to get more people to watch the show and buy tickets. So you get what you pay for.

Gail Kim
        Mickie James
        Velvet Sky

2. Dante_Cross says:

Don't try to trash her just because she gave an opinion. Something that many have already said, that the women's division isn't at it's best and the direction is going nowhere.

3. Mr. Excitement says:

Why do some have to get bitter about Tara's comments?
    It's her opinion. She knows a lot more of what's happening in TNA than us internet marks who think we know it all.

• Sturk says:

You are right. Although I think she'd be fine with that direction if she was a man piece of it

• jbcissom says:

There's a difference between the direction of one person and the direction of a group. Remember, Tara was the valet for the Bro Mans. Meanwhile Gail Kim and Taryn Terrell were putting on MotY quality matches.

It would be different if we were treated to two minute matches from the KOs and Gail Kim was jobbing to everyone. But she's not. That's why it comes across as sour grapes.

4. Roid Master says:

Well, I know where I'll be on 11/21.

• jbcissom says:

Seriously… I know there are contractual languages that we never hear about… but that would be the perfect night to do something with Sting. Just sayin'.

5. TwIsTeD_EnEmY says:

She gave that interview ages ago.
    Another case of this site re-releasing news.

6. RavenNevermore says:

AWW poor Lisa. She offered nothing recently to the KO division in recent times and those who spit on it well have you actually been watching the knock outs recently? Great matches!

7. hangers says:

I love how a month ago Tara's one of the worlds greatest wrestlers but now she's a washed up old hag, lol.. Shes spot on about the division, it has been poor and going downhill since Hogan and Bischoff joined, Kong, Hamada,TBP, Roxxie, Flash/Saeed, the list goes on. The Flash vs Hamada tables match was the best so far imo…

8. Jon Warham says:

Well the Knockouts PPV is airing on Friday and in the UK Wednesday. Enough women to watch on their if you’re getting bored.

9. DirkB says:

Tara mainly sounds pissed that TNA released her when she wanted to quit.
    Now she knows how all the X guys felt when their division got dismantled.

• 1Risky1 says:

she said she was going to jump ship, to what ship? who knows and why isn't she in that ship if she was sure about it? I think shes mad because they didn't offer her a new contract. About the knockouts they being better since Gail and Taryn's match

10. cnote says:

This just in Madison rayne gave birth!!!