Posted by TNA Wrestling News Staff on Mar 25, 2013
Bobby Lashley: ‘I’ve Had Talks With Bellator MMA’

Bobby Lashley: ‘I’ve Had Talks With Bellator MMA’

Bobby Lashley was on The Bollin Alley show on Thursday, March 21 with hosts Kenny “StarMaker” Bolin, Christopher “Prince Bolin” and Rob Dicken. Bobby discussed wanting to fight Brock Lesnar and work with Kurt Angle be it in MMA or wrestling. He did have this exchange regarding working with TNA and Bellator MMA:

Chris Bolin: “I know that TNA has that association with Bellator through Spike. I’m not sure why I threw that out there. It just seemed like something that beared stating.”

Bobby: “We’ve had talks, we’ve had talks. We’re still having talks. Until those talks come into producing, then it’s just talking.”

Chris: “I know that in the professional wrestling business that there’s always a lot of talking going on. I personally would like to see you on national television, even if it is with TNA.”

25 Responses to “Bobby Lashley: ‘I’ve Had Talks With Bellator MMA’”

1. piro4351 says:

hope he comes back to TNA he was one of the greatest wrestlers and charismatic ones he is missed.

• Tiffanydude says:

What have you been watching? He was good not great and Charismatic? Nope, Bobby Lashley makes Matt Morgan look like Patrick Stewart on Broadway. Besides TNA doesn't need giant body *Batista* wrestlers, so he's won't be missed as much as Amazing Red, Shelly or Lethal.

• hangers says:

I would take Lashley over any of those three you mentioned, the guys a main eventer whilst Amazing red and co are not..

• Tiffanydude says:

The reason Lashley was a main eventer was because of his body not personality, "Charisma", moves set or gimmick, Red is amazing in the ring, awesome high flying moves, speed & flexibility. Lethal had almost everything Moves, charisma, amazing Macho man gimmick, able to do very smooth transitions. Shelly same thing speed, charisma, ect. These guys were main event material but TNA for some stupid reason is destroying the X Division the very thing that built the company, even if they don't realize it.

• DirkB says:

TNA destroyed the X division years ago, you just didn't realize it.
            The last time the division was in full swing, from what I recall, Sabin was the champ, and that was pre-MCMG. Since then it's been a few half hearted attempts at giving the division some attention.
            Things were looking up when Aries was X champ but Sorenson got injured, as did Sabin and it was forgotten about again when Aries moved to the main event.

• tnadude says:

Lethal was only "charismatic" when he was impersonating charismatic personalities. His own personality is as boring as they come. Red is amazing in the ring and should be brought back into the new X-Division. Shelley is good, but I wouldn't say charismatic and not a main eventer.

I can do without Lashley as well.

• Goeroe1981 says:

AMEN to Tnadude. He's 100% right!

• Peckar says:

I was with you, and then I lost you. Lashley is very average indeed. He has NO mic skills. He can work in the ring and he has the look, but he is no main-eventer. Upper mid-carder at best. I would like to see him in the mid-card putting some guys over. Bellator will be what he wants so they could do a deal with that. Batista working both on a adults wrestling program would be gold, and he has some big movies coming out. PUBLICITY!!!!!!! Matt Morgan talks fine, I don't know what that deal is about. Lethal is getting his as kicked by Kevin Stein in ROH, if you want to see him.

• hangers says:

Lashley would still draw more than Red, Lethal or Shelly. He co-headlined a wrestlemania, yes hes crap on the mic, yes he hasnt got much personality and yes, Batista is in another league but I'd still take him over the three guys mentioned..

• DirkB says:

Ken Anderson is a main eventer… the label doesn't mean much.
            Jeff Hardy is a main eventer but 9 out of 10 in the IWC seem to hate the guy, same for RVD.

I'd happily see Lethal or Shelley back in TNA, the heavyweight division doesn't need more guys, the likes of the X division and tags do.
            If Lashley came back it'd mean others getting pushed back down the card to make room for him, probably the likes of Aries and Roode.

• hangers says:

Ken Anderson has been booked really poorly since the whole A$$hole thing. I know Lashley doesn't have much personality, but he has size and ring presence just like Brock Lesnar has zero personality and can't cut a promo to save his life.

If I had a choice between Chavo, Knux, Festus or Lashley for example, I'd choose Lashley, I'm not his biggest fan and there's better than him out there in ROH but there's more you can do with him than any of those guys..

• Peckar says:

Steen, sorry Kev

• Goeroe1981 says:

How nice would it be Aces & Eights under attack themselves by masked men. 2 of them, they unmask and it's Batista and Orton. That would boost ratings sky high and is what TNA needs to steal WWE fans become big and Monday (or whatever) night war is on again. But then my alarm clock went off and i woke!

• Tiffanydude says:

Oh I thought you were serious for a second lol

• hangers says:

They could have Batista, Orton and Edge and The Undertaker join the A & 8's and WWE will still win the ratings by a long way, that's the unfortunate truth, they just have far to many resources at their disposal to be seriously challenged in the ratings.

• Tiffanydude says:

The ratings would drop, the IMC would be pissed at TNA even more. Beside Orton & Taker are still under contract, Edge can't wrestle anymore and Batista…..Just no

• hangers says:

This is a what if, not interested in their contract status as it's never going to happen anyways, out of all of them though I would actually prefer Batista.

Marketing and brand awareness is what keeps the WWE on top, they could replace all their top guys tomorrow and the company would just roll on doing what they do..

• Tiffanydude says:

Oh I didn't know we were still doing "What ifs" sorry man

2. Get_Carter says:

WTH? Good for him but I have no desire to see him back in TNA.

3. DigestivBiscuit says:

So he still haven't made his decision yet? The last time I heard he wanted to comeback gto wrestling, now he want to go to MMA what's next Tennis?

4. hangers says:

He wants to get his ass whooped again? As for fighting Lesnar, he would tear Bobby a new one..

5. DirkB says:

Lashley still has a title shot due, he never got it.

Wasn't Lashley released because he was doing MMA and wrestling? I recall Bischoff having an issue with that.
    Kid Kash was also doing both and TNA recently released him.
    Crazy stuff considering all the fuss about King Mo.

6. tsoutheast says:

TNA/Bellator will be making a huge mistake siging Lashley.The guy was clearly a Vince McMahon creation.Lashley did nothing in TNA,and has failed in MMA also.

7. powerbomb says:

the guy is worthless he is a horrible wrestler

8. POWERBOMB says: