Posted by TNA Wrestling News Staff on Aug 3, 2013
Breaking News: Kurt Angle Headed To Rehab

Breaking News: Kurt Angle Headed To Rehab

UPDATE x 2: Kurt Angle just revealed via Twitter that he is headed to rehab after being arrested late last night for driving while intoxicated. Angle tweeted the following:

“I am blessed to have the support of my family, my friends and my company,” he wrote. “In light of recent events, I will be immediately entering a rehabilitation center. I realize that this is a pivotal time in my life and I ask for your understanding as well as your prayers and continued support. I am confident that in taking these steps I can begin to address necessary changes in my life.”

Good luck and get well soon, Kurt. Lots of people are behind you on this.

UPDATE: As noted earlier here on the website, Kurt Angle has been arrested yet again for DWI. TMZ.com has picked up the story and report that Angle was arrested on Thursday night in Wise County, Texas following the iMPACT! Wrestling taping. Specific details of the arrest are not yet clear. If you’re interested, you can click here to view Kurt’s new mugshot photo. Here is their article:

TNA superstar Kurt Angle has been arrested for DWI again, TMZ has learned — his 4th alcohol-related arrest in 6 years.

According to law enforcement, Angle was busted Thursday night in Wise County, Texas following a live taping of “Impact” for Spike TV. Details surrounding the arrest are unclear.

Angle has a long history with alcohol-related arrests.

In 2007, he was arrested for DUI in Pennsylvania. He was then arrested twice in 2011 — once for being drunk behind the wheel of his parked car, and once for DWI.

Angle pled guilty to being drunk while parked, but he got off on the other charges.

We reached out to Angle’s reps for comment. So far, no word back.

As noted, this is Angle’s fourth alcohol-related arrest in six years, starting with a DUI in Pennsylvania in 2007. He was arrested twice in 2011, the first for being drunk in his parked car and the second for a DWI. He pled guilty to the charge of being drunk while parked and avoided convictions on the others.

ORIGINAL: We don’t have very many details yet but Kurt Angle was arrested today in Wise Country, TX on a DWI charge. He was taken in and released on $2,000 surety bond.

The following information was posted on the Wise County All Courts/Sheriff’s Department Records website:

Booking #: 78562 Department of Public Safety (Wise Co)
Facility: Booked: 08/02/2013 Released: 08/02/2013
Name ANGLE, KURT STEVEN Desc White Male 6′ 240 lbs
Alias Hair Brown
SO # 0205204 Eyes Green
DOB 12/09/1968
DL # PA-21717260
Address ————–
CARAOPOLIS, PA 15108

Warrant # Charge Issuing Auth Offense Date Bond/Type Fine/Crt Costs Disposition
Warrantless/On-View DRIVING WHILE INTOXICATED 2ND CCL
2,000.00
Surety Bond
Released – Posted Bond/Awaiting Trial

Story developing …. more as we get it.

16 Responses to “Breaking News: Kurt Angle Headed To Rehab”

1. Peckar says:

When you earn so much money, whats a taxi fare?

• bobcatstan says:

COME ON NOW ANYONE ELSE GETS JAIL TIME AFTER 2 DWI,S BUT FAME AND MONEY WILL GIVE HIM A PASS SHOWS HOW CORRUPT THE JUSTICE SYSTEM IS AND WITH THE MONEY YOU MAKE YOU CAN HIRE A DRIVER THERES AREAL SIMPLE FIX GO TO A.A. NOT SOME DAMM COUNTRY CLUB TO GET YA BUTT WIPED AND TOLD WHAT TUFF LIFE YOU HAVE HAD I EXPECT MORE FROM A GIFTED MAN SUCH AS YOURSELF!!!!

2. whatsup121 says:

Good luck in fighting your demons , hope you can get the help that you need

3. tna24 says:

he should of done it sooner, not wait till his 4th DUI. but it good he doing it. i hope the best for him.

4. Tiffanydude says:

Good for Kurt finally turning his life around, alcohol, prescriptions or hard drugs no matter what it can still destroy your life either in big or small ways.

• Bigmike885 says:

while its good that hes getting help..they only reason he's getting it is because he got caught…

• Tiffanydude says:

There's no denying that but any reason is better than killing yourself with alcohol and drugs.

• Bigmike885 says:

I just don't like how everyone is saying "good for Kurt for getting help"..I know it sounds cold, but I could care less if he had killed HIMSELF with alcohol, but every single time he got in that car drunk (and we all know its been more than 4 times) hes endangered other peoples lives..don't get me wrong, I hope he cleans up and stays sober, but if he hadn't gotten caught he wouldn't be getting help..

• tnadude says:

D@mned right!

Look – I hate to be a downer, but you're actually wrong when you said "the only reason he's doing it is because he got caught".

Really – the only reason he's doing it is to avoid jail time. I know someone in the same situation that "voluntarily went into rehab" to avoid a jail term. Only problem is the moron violated his probation by crossing state lines to do it. So when he returned he was promptly arrested.

Kurt's no different. He's in the deep south. He already has 3 DWIs. He's scared to death he's going to jail.

And he should – because like you said he could have killed you, me or one of our kids.

• Bigmike885 says:

so..how am I wrong?..he got caught…should be going to jail…

• tnadude says:

He doesn't actually care that he got caught. That's why he keeps doing it. He's only doing it to avoid jail time. His lawyer told him he "had" to do it.

BTW – I was actually being a bit sarcastic when I said you were wrong. I was really just clarifying what you were getting at.

5. TheBringer92 says:

good luck

6. TLS says:

I support 100% anyone pushing for positive changes in their life. That being said, I really hope he is able to get to the root of his issues. Alcohol/drugs are just symptoms of a much deeper and larger issue. Good Luck to You Kurt.

7. TheMiwyun says:

goldberg was here

8. TheRowdy1 says:

Angle should go do DDP's program. He seems to get positive results.

• Bigmike885 says:

angle couldn't handle that..Its very very tough..and Kurts only going to rehab so he can save face…you don't go to DDPs program unless your serious about it..he wouldn't allow it.