Posted by TNA Wrestling News Staff on Mar 29, 2013
BREAKING NEWS: Reid Flair Passes Away

BREAKING NEWS: Reid Flair Passes Away

Reid Flair, the son of Ric Flair, passed away at the age of 24. The cause of death at this time is not known.

Reid has been training for years to be a professional wrestler, with Bobby Eaton and George South training him. He was going to debut on ROH TV when his father was working for the company, but ROH backed off of the plans due to the younger Flair being arrested for heroin possession. Reid had recently been working for All Japan, and WWE had taken a look at him. Word was that WWE was considering signing him for the developmental system.

Sean Waltman tweeted the following regarding the passing of Reid:

“So very sorry to Nature Boy Ric Flair & his family. No matter what differences we ever had, my heat hurts for him so bad right now.”

On behalf of all of us here on the website, we send our condolences to the family, friends and fans of Reid Flair. R.I.P.

18 Responses to “BREAKING NEWS: Reid Flair Passes Away”

1. AussieWrestling says:

R.I.P. Reid Flair

2. soyfenomenal says:

I've never seen a match of his and my jaw still dropped. Damn, that is awful.

3. TwIsTeD_EnEmY says:

The deaths of wrestlers never cease to shock me. :(
    RIP Reid

4. tnadude says:

My condolences to the entire Flair family. Tragic. Simply tragic.

It just goes to show you – it doesn't matter how big your problems are – nothing's more important than family.

RIP Reid – RIP.

5. KeizerGodzilla says:

Tragic. Probably couldn't kill his addiction.

6. Firestormdzl says:

I saw Reid Flair wrestled in All Japan and kinda have a dream of seeing him forming a stable with Garett Bischoff and Wes Brisco. Unfortunately as of now, it could never happen

R.I.P Reid Flair

7. jbcissom says:

My condolences to Reid's family, especially his parents. The most difficult thing any parent should ever have to do is place their son or daughter back in the ground.

• soyfenomenal says:

back…in the ground?

• jbcissom says:

Really? I know you're the local troll on this site, but c'mon. You've never heard the the old addage, we came from the dust, therefore when we die, we return to it. Where do you think the old rap lyric, "ashes to ashes, and back to dust….," came from?

• Pippin0490 says:

You mean "Ashes to ashes and dust to dust". Also, it's not from old rap lyrics, it's used in the Anglican burial service and based on the biblical verse "Dust thou art, and unto dust thou shalt return".

So I see where you're coming from, but it's still weird to say "place their son or daughter back in the ground". I don't think anybody says that.

• jbcissom says:

Actually it can be traced back to the Vikings and the burning deaths to make the body turn to dust (ashes) even quicker (as well as for other mythological reasons). I just didn't realize I had to get that deep or literal. I thought someone with common sense would understand that putting a deceased person in the ground meant burial.

My bad for giving some people too much credit for their intelligence.

• Peckar says:

It's okay to admit a mistake. We all make them.

• Pippin0490 says:

Surely somebody with such superior intelligence shouldn't need to be told that biblical texts predate the Vikings by a good 800 years? 😉

Also, the replies you have got are not about people not understanding "that putting a deceased person in the ground meant burial". The replies are because you said "back in the ground". The usage of common sense (and the ability to read) should've made this obvious to you…perhaps you should think before trying to insult other people and suggest they lack common sense & intelligence?

• jbcissom says:

Seriously, stop trying to be a smart @$$. If you can't relate a post with the text "place their son or daughter back in the ground" that is on a thread about a dead person, you are the one lacking common sense (or sense of context).

I didn't use the phrasing in the Biblical sense, because there are people that post here regularly that don't believe in that (which I do by the way), so I used one of the first historical group that buried/burned their dead with references to body returning to the ashes and dust. You can throw in the Greeks as well.

• Leg Drop Jobber says:

Every time you post something in error, the person that brings it to your attention is a "troll." Stop being a butt hurt wimp and admit you made a boo boo.

No matter what historical factoid you decide to reference, NONE OF THEM say anything about a parent putting their child "back in the ground." LEARN TO LAUGH AT YOURSELF. THE AGONY OF BEING EMBARRASSED GOES AWAY A LOT FASTER.

• Pippin0490 says:

Thank you! I was going to say exactly the same thing. He made an error, was corrected in a friendly way and he responds in an antagonistic manner with insults, yet feels people are attacking him! Good Lord.

Also jbcissom, saying:

"If you can't relate a post with the text "place their son or daughter back in the ground" that is on a thread about a dead person, you are the one lacking common sense (or sense of context). "

Again, if you made usage of common sense (and the ability to read) you would see that all I did was correct you and in a friendly way as well! At no point did I ever say anything that shows of a lack of common sense. I didn't even disagree with what you said, I said that "I see where you're coming from"! If anybody is guilty of "lacking common sense" it is yourself as you keep insulting me and responding in an unnecessarily antagonistic manner when all I've done is correct. Again I suggest you should think before trying to insult other people and suggest they lack common sense & intelligence

Also your last paragraph shows that if anybody is lacking common sense it is you. The first people to make reference to bodies retuning to ashes & dust were in biblical times (even if one doesn't believe in religions, doesn't mean these people didn't exist! We know they did, science tells us that!) and the ancient Greeks lived in these times! You also suggest that the Vikings and the Ancient Greeks lived around the same time! The start of the Ancient Greeks was 1000 years before the Vikings! and ended 200 years before the vikings first appeared! LOL

I don't understand why you're getting so worked up. You said something weird that people don't tend to say. You tried to explain this but made a mistake. I correct this in a friendly manner. Then you responded with insults and started saying I have no common sense when the only person that has showed signs of this is yourself.

At no point did I attempt to be argumentative with you or insult you. But you started insulting me for no reason by telling me I was lacking in common sense & intelligence even though what I wrote was correct. All you've done is make yourself look rather foolish and that you lack the ability to admit you made a mistake, as 'Leg Drop Jobber' & 'Pecker' have said.

Just calm down and move on. :)

8. The Spectacular Crimson Spider says:

All you guys need a damn chill pill. Someone lost their kids and you idiots are arguing over a mistake and semantics. I’m a father of three and if any of my babies died; it would fuckin destroy me. But seriously? You all are trolls! I’ve read a post each of you have replied to at one time or another each of you are some trolling Dumbasses. But for once, out of respect for the deceased, leave your egos somewhere else and just pay your damn respects!