Posted by TNA Wrestling News Staff on Jan 18, 2013
Brooke Hogan Teases An In-Ring TNA Debut & More

Brooke Hogan Teases An In-Ring TNA Debut & More

Brooke Hogan recently spoke with to promote her “wedding” to Bully Ray on Impact and more. Check out the highlights:

On the wedding taking place in the ring: “I still wanted my flowers and my church and my beautiful ceremony with all my friends and family there. I kind just kind of let go of my dream when I had the man that I love standing in front of me saying, ‘Baby, you want to do it next week in the middle of the ring?’…This is my family. The wrestling business is my family. So why not do it right in front of God and everybody, literally?”

On potentially working a match: “You don’t grow up with Hulk Hogan as your dad and not learn a few moves.”

On being cautious in the ring: “You have to remember that you’ve got to be smart when you’re throwing your body around. My dad was 23, 24 years old with tons of testosterone and adrenaline just going buck wild. Now that I have him watching out for me. He says, ‘Listen, when you do this leg drop or you take this bodyslam, you have to protect yourself.’ He’s making me think about what I’m doing more than just throwing myself out there and being a boy.”

On growing up watching Hogan and Ric Flair: “David Flair is a very close friend of ours. I remember sitting there watching WrestleManias with him. Our moms would sit us down in front of the TV together and we’d watch our dads get bloody. He was the one who would tell me, ‘Don’t worry. It’s ketchup! It’s ketchup!’ I learned later on that it wasn’t ketchup.”

You can read the full interview by clicking here.

26 Responses to “Brooke Hogan Teases An In-Ring TNA Debut & More”

1. DigestivBiscuit says:

• pepsilover2008 says:

I'll give her a chance, maybe she'll surprise us. i know tesmacher has been improving and nobody wanted to see her in the ring at the begining. Just don't give her the title right away like they did tessmacher.

• Leg Drop Jobber says:

Tessmacher is not improving.

• toddmikki says:

Tessmacher has improved alot.

• Leg Drop Jobber says:

Consistently botching in matches with veterans like Mickey James and Tara is far from improving.

You're the guy that says "Taeler Hendrix is an amazing wrestler," after seeing her wrestling only 2 times on Impact. Give me a break.

• tnadude says:

Lest you forget about some of the high-risk dives she's been doing. You must have also missed BFG completely.

Not saying she's a hall-of-famer. Not saying she's AJ Styles. Not saying she doesn't still make some mistakes. But – she was the most improved wrestler of 2012 (man or woman).

Let's give her some props though. Her work has been paying off. Hopefully she continues to make strides.

Also, I just watched Velvet screw up pretty well last night and everyone wants to crown her queen. And Tess is already better than Velvet.

• Peckar says:

I think you must be watching something different from the rest of us. We all know Velvets not the strongest in the ring, but she sure is more solid of the weakest two links in the knockouts Division. Not to mention she is far more attractive and classy than Kurt Russel's offspring who gets her cheap pops by grinding her pelvis in the most unattractive manner.

• Leg Drop Jobber says:

I don't get it, man. Spare you and maybe a couple others on this site, people think Botch Russell is not only "hawt," but also a 5 star future wrestling Icon.

I'm not the biggest Velvet Sky fan, myself. However, she is "better to look at" than Kurt Botchmacher and actually more entertaining, as well.

I'm not at all impressed with the pelvic grinding, stink-facing antics, either.

• Leg Drop Jobber says:

Botch Russell's match at BFG was a sore thumb, if you ask me. If I remember correctly, that match followed the awesome "Last Man Standing" match. Am I correct? It's quite a bummer that the X Division opens damn near every TNA PPV, yet green turds like Botchmacher get matches in the upper-mid card.

The only strides I want to see Botchalicious make are strides out of TNA. They
            let legitimate females like Kong, Love, Flash, Sarita, etc. go and push someone as green as Botch Russell? You don't see how that is "bad for business?"

• BOOOOM says:

Yeah! "Carry me" Tessmacher has improved … All here matches are equal to a botch fest! She's just another Diva … Would love to see Kong return and powerbomb her on a table! LOL

• Leg Drop Jobber says:

I can't agree with you more. She's Bush League.

• DigestivBiscuit says:

I think her role is enough for her, but in ring action, I just don't think is a good idea beside they are still knockout on the roster who haven't appear in impact for weeks.

• Peckar says:

Improved at what exactly?

• Philly_Cheese says:

My thoughts exactly… First word I said in response to reading this "NO". You cannot have this girl in the ring when she hasn't even been properly trained, or even been in a match ever…

• toddmikki says:

so shes the daughter to the person who single handedly made wrestling what it is and you dont think shes ever been trained?

• Philly_Cheese says:

I really don't believe she has at all, just because you're a son or daughter of a famous wrestler doesn't mean you have the talent to wrestle or that you've been trained. She has done nothing to show she has the desire to be in the business, nor has she done anything to deserve a spot on TV. There are probably far better female wrestlers out there who'd do anything to wrestle in TNA, and she would get a chance why? Because of her father… it's bullshit

2. JeromeTurner10 says:

YES YES YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Treck says:

Aces and 8’s need a knockout in their group!

4. The Alpha Omega says:

A couple of years ago, I was lucky enough to get to sit behind Brook at the Lockdown pay per view. She is very sweet and nice. We talked a lot and during that time she informed me that she has been training. Interesting enough at lockdown, her and bully were talking and joking back and forth. At that momment in time I thought it would be interesting if they put them together. But that was years ago.

5. Herr_Odditus says:

She should be a wrestler. She is tall and seems to have a sturdy build (by female standards). She could easily dominate the tiny twig Knockouts.

6. godoftna says:

7. IHNSAIN says:

ok well id ne willing to w8 and se before i comment yes or NO i dnt know wat training she has been doing hell she coled have been training for the past5 years cause lets face it none of us know she may be gd (hope she is) one thing is for sure hogan wont let her go ot there unless he thinks she is traind gd enougth to take some bumps

8. tna24 says:

what can it hurt for her to do a match. it not like they are saying she will be a full time wrestler. there just talking about one match.

• Philly_Cheese says:

Because it makes them look like a joke… The same thing you uttered was the same stuff WCW did when they started having people like Leno wrestle. If she honestly has the desire to actually wrestle and be part of the business she needs to be treated like everyone else and start at the bottom. The ONLY way I'd personally accept her wrestling is if she did stuff off of TV, maybe some house shows, or go to OVW for a few months.

9. hangers says:

OMG I smell another Lacey in the ring….