Posted by TNA Wrestling News Staff on Dec 8, 2012
Bully Ray Speaks – Brooke Hogan Storyline, Less PPVs

Bully Ray Speaks – Brooke Hogan Storyline, Less PPVs

Bully Ray recently spoke with Busted Open Radio about his relationship with Brooke Hogan, his thoughts on heels vs. babyfaces and more. Check out the highlights:

On his relationship with Brooke Hogan: “I’m not even sure you can call us friends, because we have only known each other for a short period of time. When the whole Aces and Eights went down and I came to Hulk, I came to Sting, I tried to help out TNA because I thought the whole situation was wrong. Hulk just kept giving me the cold shoulder. He kept telling me he didn’t trust me. Sting had to basically beg and plead with him to let me be his tag team partner. So the guy doesn’t trust me. He was going through a lot of stuff in his own life where maybe he wasn’t thinking straight. All Brooke did was one day she came up to me and she didn’t apologize for her father. She was just kind of like ‘listen he is under some stress lately, don’t take it too personal.’ She just tried to ease the blow for her dad and my relationship with him. So that was it. One thing lead to another and I told her ‘listen I really appreciate it you telling me that’. Next time I saw her it was hello and how you doing. We just started talking, just friendly kind of stuff. Realized, she is just a nice girl. We just started talking and that is really it. Me and Brooke play Words with Friends on Twitter.”

On whether he feels different getting cheered: “Listen, you guys with this heel and babyface crap. I’m not a good guy, I’m not a bad guy. I’m me. I’ve had 70,000 people cheer for me in the Houston Astrodome. I’ve had 20,000 people boo me at Madison Square Garden. When they love me, they love me. When they hate me, they hate me. I let them make the decision. I’m just me. That’s what makes me special in this business. I don’t change for anybody.”

On where his his focus will be after Austin Aries: “As soon as I am done with Austin, I’m re-focusing on Devon, Aces and Eights, and the World Heavyweight championship. One is personal and one is business. The number one goal should be to become the World Heavyweight champion. It’s hard to stay one hundred percent focused on that when you know that your partner, brother, and friend just stuck it up your ass, that you have no choice in going after him.”

On TNA cutting back pay per views: “Love it. I think it’s an awesome idea. I think the wrestling world is entirely saturated with pay per views. I remember growing up as a kid and only getting those four to six pay per views a year which had that big time feel. Now every time you turn around there is a pay per view every month. I would love to see TNA go the route of doing something like the NWA did back in the day and put on almost like a free pay per view on Spike TV one Sunday. I don’t make those business decisions, but I think it would be great for luring new fans to our product. I’m very, very confident that once wrestling fans who have never seen TNA, if they would just get to see it once or twice, I think they would be hooked.”

10 Responses to “Bully Ray Speaks – Brooke Hogan Storyline, Less PPVs”

1. Peckar says:

The wrestlers like less. The fans like less. WTH are you waiting for?

2. Stunner says:

I agree with the less PPV in the terms that it gives more time to have a better Storylines and the matches don’t have to be so rushed to get on a PPV card! Also I hope that this will give some room so TNA can build up the X Division matches. I think that the X-Division needs more focus and more wrestlers as well. Bring in some other X-Division wrestlers from outside the US like the UK for example.

3. tnadude says:

Love his PPV comments. I've been saying the same thing. Dixie, are you listening?

• ariesstormjoe says:

i think tna (esp dixie) have been wanting to cut the number of ppvs for a while. but they couldnt cos they had dates to fill for impact zone.

its rumoured that ppl in tna believe the right number of ppvs is 8. tho they look to be doing 10 in 2013.

4. MRPC says:

As if proof was really needed, Mark is from the old-school. He even sticks to storyline kayfabe when answering questions. Unless he really is romantically involved with Brooke?

5. dcxboxx says:

sundays would be a bad idea though unless its in the summer. maybe doing monday night special events for missing ppvs. tna has a better chance going head to head with raw with a well built up special live event than they do going head to head with the walking dead.

6. ToledoDavid says:

Hulk to Brooke…"Did you call him Mark?"

7. UKTNAFAN says:

Can only be a good thing! In terms of finance, less PPVs and more hype for those that do take place will mean a bigger buy-rate. Personally hate the idea of one a month, there's so many feuds that could be developed more but aren't! Great idea, just hope the company carries it out.
    Also love how Bully stays in character! The guy deserves his good run recently! This Brooke Hogan thing is so boring though!