Posted by TNA Wrestling News Staff on Sep 23, 2013
Bully Ray: TNA Could Benefit From Jim Ross

Bully Ray: TNA Could Benefit From Jim Ross

Credit: The Daily Star

During a recent interview, Bully Ray shared his thoughts on Jim Ross potentially coming to TNA. Here is what he had to say…

“I would love to see Jim Ross in TNA. I think TNA could benefit hugely from Jim. He is a straight shooter, a man’s man. On a personal level, when Devon and I signed for WWE, we negotiated with Jim and he was the man who we signed the contracts with. He’s just a top quality person.”

24 Responses to “Bully Ray: TNA Could Benefit From Jim Ross”

1. stevontte1 says:

It's a long shot, but I would love to see ross return to wrestling in some form.

• tnadude says:

Ross will be back in WWE. He's Billy Martin to McMahon's Steinbrenner.

• godoftna says:

Though I'd love to see JR in TNA, I don't think he will, but it has nothing to do with him going back to the WWE. I think that at this point in his life, JR has other interests besides wrestling, and like many other recent WWE departures, he's too much of a "WWE guy" to want to switch sides. I guess it's always a possibility though. Were Dixie to peak his interests with what he could do in TNA, and provided him with the right amount of money and responsibility, then he could always make the move.

2. dcxboxx says:

well he was in talks with tna before they offered to have him run the company before hogan bishoff came along , same as they offered heyman, but they could not afford either of the 2

• godoftna says:

It wasn't so much money as it was about control and how much Dixie was willing to surrender. Heyman wanted full control of the on-screen product and all in-ring personnel decisions, including the ability to hire or fire guys like Sting, Angle, or Hogan, and Dixie simply wasn't willing to do that. What exactly the hold up with Ross was I don't believe was ever reported.

3. Barca20 says:

Jim Ross is not going to TNA. I wish he would, but the chances of that happening are slim to none.

4. Peckar says:

Fingers crossed.

5. TheBringer92 says:

Unless Jim Ross loses all of his money I honestly dont see it happening

6. Euphoria says:

I have no idea if he would work. HEYMAN to me would not work. To me if they hired someone I think it should be a shot in the dark person. A new visionary to innovate wrestling. Who would that be? I admit I have no answer just an opinion on the philosophy that needs to change. Innovation is badly needed in wrestling

7. Euphoria says:

And with Heyman he wanted TNA to be fake mma. That would of been stupid.

• Bigmike885 says:

how do you figure?

• OldManEaston says:

No he didn't. He said that UFC has essentially taken the place of wrestling by using the same format wrestling used to be successful (building up two guys, having the audience invest in their characters and personality profiles and then booking them to meet in big fights and having long standing rivalries between them). Wrestling has pretty much gotten away from that since the attitude era except with a few deviations here and there. Heyman wanted to try to bring some of that back, but that doesn't mean worked shoots. It just means doing what wrestling always did right any time it has ever been at a peak instead of a valley.

8. nate says:

Ross is WWE for life! I mean if he worked strictly behind the scenes, maybe he would consult for TNA. TNA has alot to work with as far as talent! Ross could groom some of the TNA stars creatively and i am sure it would make a difference

9. jp says:

JR was using TNA as a bargaining chip when he was flirting with going there. No way you’ll ever see it, unless he’s legit pissed off with Vince, and the way he’s taken the high road, I just don’t think that’s the case. He’s very loyal to wwe, and won’t screw with that

10. JoeWrestling says:

Jim Ross is trying to get into UFC. Press asked Dana White at the last UFC this last weekend about JR, and Dana said he was aware of him and would take look at him.

11. TNA_fan says:

Hire Jim Ross, and use Taz as a manager, or let him go.

12. THISISASHOOT247 says:

If TNA were to hire Jim Ross, I'd hope it would be as director of talent relations. He was responsible for the success of many of the WWE's top talents during the attitude era. So with that said, who knows what kind of new talent he could bring to TNA

13. Grandiose7 says:

It'd be a long shot, but Ross has discussed things about TNA like he has clearly watched. I would like to see him in TNA would be a substantial upgrade on commentary, plus you wouldn't have to worry about him doing his job over watching the nfl..