Posted by TNA Wrestling News Staff on Sep 7, 2013
Christian York Speaks On TNA Release & Their Future

Christian York Speaks On TNA Release & Their Future

Christian York was interviewed by Chad Dukes of ChadDukesWrestlingShow.com and spoke about his TNA release, Bobby Roode, and more. Below are some highlights:

York on his release from TNA: “It was the same time everyone else was getting released, they just called, I guess it was like July 2nd or 3rd or something, said ‘they gotta give you your release.’ I hadn’t heard back from them at all in a while, in May whenever I worked for them last, it was just, they had to let me go. They had to make budget cuts. When they have nothing that they can do for ya, they can’t fit you into the stories, you’re just sitting at home collecting a paycheck they’re gonna have to make a budget cut. That was just the way it was.”

If he feels he got a fair deal: “I don’t know if I’d say I didn’t get a fair shake, I don’t think I got to live up to the potential that I think I have. I think maybe in the beginning they were just testing the waters with me to see if I could get over. I really have no idea because I never got any feedback. I thought I was having some good matches with people, especially with Jeff and Bobby Roode, had some good stuff. Then all of the sudden you don’t show up for TV anymore, you’re just sitting at home collecting a paycheck. I was doing house shows and stuff but that was it. I was just grateful that they gave me a shot.”

York on the current state of TNA: “To be honest, I think the company’s just trying to get through, so you have to make changes. WWE has to make changes with what they want to do the day of the show. You can’t just say this is how it’s going to be and six months from now this is how we’re going to get there, because things change. Guys get injuries, it’s ever changing. The guys sitting at home, everybody has the answers, right? The ones that don’t do it, everybody has the answers, and everybody thinks it’s easy, but it’s not. To try and run a company, that’s trying to do something that big, that’s not an easy thing to do. You have a lot of outside things going on, it’s not just about wrestling.”

York’s thoughts on Daniel Bryan: “I think he’s an inspiration for anybody trying to get there. I mean he’s what, 5’8′ and he doesn’t fit the mold like you said but I think pound for pound he’s the best wrestler in the world. He’s the best worker in the world. You can have him do anything and he’s gonna make it work.”

His thoughts on Bobby Roode: “The guy I like, I like Bobby Roode. I think Bobby Roode is an awesome talent. I really do. I think he can have a good match with anybody and he gets the job done.”

York on Bray Wyatt: “When the buzz started going around about it, I guess when he first started doing the gimmick, I checked it out on You Tube that was before he hit the big stage, it was just the FCW, NXT or whatever. I saw his promos and said, ‘This is cool. I like this. This is definitely fresh.’ But I’ve been a fan of that guy’s work. I was a fan of him as when he was Husky Harris. I enjoy seeing a big guy like him, his build, his weight, that can just move like a freight train. But i think the character’s awesome. I hope there’s a lot of longevity in that.”

14 Responses to “Christian York Speaks On TNA Release & Their Future”

1. TheMiwyun says:

i miss York Pork. mr brains pork fagtgots

2. soyfenomenal says:

lol DB is not the best in the world.

• Vampirofan says:

If York thinks that DB is the best in the world then he's entitled to think that. Far more entitled to have an opinion on it than you.

• tHe_SoRrOw says:

I think he is. He is fantastic. Watching him in ROH, I was wishing TNA took a shot at him. But he is in WWE and is doing a great job. I see WWE have Davey Richards now too? I can see TNA going down the pan in the next couple of years

• OldManEaston says:

The last I heard a couple days ago is that the Wolves tryout went really well and they were said to be the standouts of the camp. So in all likelihood if they pass their physicals they will be signed by Jan. Not surprising to me because both Davey and Eddie are top talents who have only ever needed the big exposure and development that comes from a wrestling company with legit national exposure.

TNA needs to start going down this road, because the core guys that have built that company are not getting any younger, and instead of farting around with old MMA guys who need a lot of work before they can even have a believable wrestling match, they better start acquiring a lot of the good young talent that is left on the indies. They have virtually missed out on ALL OF THEM with the exception of Austin Aries who is really not that old, but not a spring chicken either. He's basically in the same position that the guys like AJ, Storm, Roode and Kazarian are in. Five years like Davey and Eddie make a difference for their long term value.

This is just another WCW like thing all over again for TNA. Either not signing the right talent, or not knowing what value they have in their talent. It didn't used to be this way in TNA, but it is now since a couple of people who shall go nameless got their finger in the pie.

• tHe_SoRrOw says:

Good luck to them. TNA is trying to do what WWE did when they established themselves as the top promotion, without being the top promotion. Its killing the company. Ortiz, Rampage, Hogan. These guys just want to promote themselves, collect their paychecks then go home. It needs to re-invent. Get Jerry Lynn and Jeff Jarrett back on creative, sign the up and comers and then, heres the crucial point, PUSH THEM. Get people like The Briscoes, Adam Cole, Kevin Steen, Jack Evans, Willie Mack, Michael Elgin, Colt Cabana. The list is a very long one, all full of talent and potential, ready to be put out there on the big stage. Yet, the only thing I can see happening is the likes of AJ, and A Double jumping ship and TNA signing MMA wash-ups and someone completely useless from WWE like David Otunga or Zack Ryder. I need to be on creative haha

• OldManEaston says:

He is. He is the best worker in the world right now. He is every bit as good as guys like Ricky Steamboat, Bret Hart and Chris Benoit were and he is better than an aging Kurt Angle is, and also better than TNA's current best AJ Styles and Austin Aries. He's also better than the guy who calls himself best in the world, but really isn't in my top 5. Top 10 for sure, but not top 5.

Danielson is also a really charismatic guy (I could see that years ago in ROH), and his promos have come a long way. He's a total package except for the size. That is the only thing he lacks, but it doesn't stick out so much anymore because the size of wrestlers have decreased from about probably 240-250 pounds on average when I started watching, to around 200-220 today.

• Vampirofan says:

As good as Bret Hart? No way, not in my opinion. I never held Ricky and Benoit in high regard so I would put him in the same bracket as them. I wouldn't even say he is the best around today, but he is good. I just think there are several better than him.

• IHNSAIN says:

ur rply is like york was stating facts when that was indeed an opinion and in my opinion id pretty much agree to the exstent of if i was to pick top ten wrestling entertainers off the top of my head he would be in there

3. Luchador says:

Its like many say Christian York should of out shine as a gutcheck because hes a veteran and didn't do so

4. Sturk says:

YES YORK YOU SAID IT BRO!! Everyone sets at home on the sidelines and thinks it's really easy!! Only reason they think it's easy is because they're not in the business working at it everyday of the week writing shows from scratch damn near everyday. I love that he stated that!! It's funny when wrestlers say that in interviews, it's always ignored in the comment section. Truth is usually the most ignored part.

5. JoeWrestling says:

Bray Wyatt, fat guy dressed in a tourist outfit is mighty scary and impressive. Who doesn't really believe he's the devil and the eater of worlds. Makes sense to me, you can get one of those nice LED lanterns at meritline, good luck.

6. Euphoria says:

Daniel Bryan is over… rated. A small bearded guy saying yes yes yes. Or no no no. Just show to prove that the fans will fall for anything.