Posted by TNA Wrestling News Staff on Jun 30, 2013
CM Punk Thinks A TNA Wrestler Is ‘Great’ – Who?

CM Punk Thinks A TNA Wrestler Is ‘Great’ – Who?

CM Punk conducted a Q&A session on Twitter on Saturday night where he revealed his approval of a TNA wrestler.

An Austin Aries fan asked, “Thoughts on “A Double”, Austin Aries? Or you’re not allowed to talk about the other company?” Punk responded, “I think he’s great!”

Punk also fielded a question on the passing of Matt Osborne, who portrayed Doink the Clown. He wrote, “sucks of course.”

26 Responses to “CM Punk Thinks A TNA Wrestler Is ‘Great’ – Who?”

1. mrthefanboy says:

Good to see Punk showing respect,his arrogance sometimes gets on my nerves.

• andy3323 says:

Yeah, I was a fan of his until he started tweeting his thoughts…..he is still talented and good on a mic, but doesn't mean I have to agree with it or like the arrogance, as you said.

2. Sturk says:

Punk has said this before

3. dcxboxx says:

eventually austin aries will see a wwe contract in the not so distant future.

• Luis says:

I don’t see him leaving a company when his look and feel in TNA is Great…WWE would try to make more outta him leading to a failure but itz just my opinion

• Philly_Cheese says:

I doubt he wants to work for them to be honest. He's jumped between companies for a long time, and was working for TNA once before. He's probably already been approached by WWE before.

• JoeWrestling says:

TNA wrestlers aren't all looking to go to WWE This is just a fallacy perpetuated by WWE fans. Such as the tone of this statement, which implies AA is great, and WWE > TNA, therefore going to WWE is his reward. Which in fact, I'm sure he's happy to be in TNA with no thoughts of WWE except another leverage point for his manager to negotiate contracts.

4. Tiffanydude says:

The Best in the World likes the Greatest Man That Ever Lived!

5. Mutter5 says:

I saw a QnA with him (on youtube), at the time AA was champion and when asked his thoughs on TNA he said "they have the title on the right guy and there finally doing something right"…..

6. JoshuaTNA says:

Maybe dixie was right a TNA & WWE Crossover event wouldn't be that bad of an Idea. To bad it will never happen.

• Luis says:

It would benefit both if they could have just 1 Event Cross-Over promoting both superstars and wrestlers since Olympics might not be around do it every four years maybe

• ricky_No1 says:

It would benefit TNA but i fail to see how it would WWE?

• Sturk says:

It would benefit WWE cause their ratings are in the TOILET!!! It would "pop the territory" so to speak. Of course it would help TNA more but it would be a HUGE help to WWE as well. Here in another five years WWE's ratings will be 1.2's if something doesn't drastically change.

• Philly_Cheese says:

It by all means would be great for business, but WWE has nothing to gain from doing it. Dixie would have to seriously grease the pot to get them to do it.

7. Bigmike885 says:

I love how all of you say "I doubt AA would jump" like you know the guy or his train of thought…the almighty dollar can sway anyone (and for all you who say "Sting didn't go"..youre right, but he was a millionaire before he went to TNA, and they pay him gobs of money for a very VERY easy schedule so he has no reason to go) There's a reason why he's pretty much the only guy to never be there..

• JoeWrestling says:

Yes, because everyone in WWE makes John Cena money. These mid carders don't make all that much. I think Kennedy was making about $130,000, other maybe $200,000. But that's a lot of dates they have to work. I'm sure TNA is paying comparable to it's main guys with a fraction of the dates. So again, why would he be even thinking about it, because the implication that WWE is going to open the checkbook for a given guy working for another company is unlikely. Kurt Angle was making $1 million a year in WWE. I doubt he's banging down the door to go back. Sure the mid-lower guys in TNA might easily be convinced by the money, but again, it's even less likely they'd get offered anything.

• Bigmike885 says:

Acctually. Wwe has to post employee pay. Most mid to lower end guys make low 6 figures You can look it upSent from my iPhone

8. RavenNevermore says:

Wow Punk said something positive? Pinch me I must be dreaming. Great he said that. But to me he is overrated. The WWE had to shell big bucks for the Rock because Punk was dragging WWE down.