Posted by TNA Wrestling News Staff on Mar 14, 2013
Confirmed: Rob Van Dam’s TNA Contract Expires

Confirmed: Rob Van Dam’s TNA Contract Expires

As previously reported, Rob Van Dam is not booked for tonight’s TNA iMPACT! tapings in Chicago. The reason for that is because his contract expired over the weekend.

While both sides are currently talking about a new deal, at this time, RVD is a free agent.

We posted the following late last night here on the website:

Rob Van Dam’s TNA contract is expiring very shortly, possibly this week. If not this week, then at some point next week. He didn’t appear at the Lockdown pay-per-view and there are rumors he may not re-sign with the company.

When asked by a fan on Twitter if he was looking forward to being in Chicago, IL for Thursday’s live iMPACT!, he replied with the following “Ill be in Cali. More on that in a few days.”

19 Responses to “Confirmed: Rob Van Dam’s TNA Contract Expires”

1. Kyle says:

If he resigns, I expect his schedule to be like Stings. If not then he should continue to help build up the X-Division.

2. Mr. Excitement says:

They should save the money and use it to upgrade the Impact set.
    Entrance needs upgrades.

3. powerbomb says:

Fire Bruce Prichard!

4. DJBIGCG says:

It will be a trip if rvd jumps ship back to wwe and doesn't resign with tna

5. Leg Drop Jobber says:

They might as well not resign him. TNA has no idea how to use him. Do the fans really need to see another "RVD's Greatest Hits" match? If they do resign him, they should let him be creative in his matches, which RVD actually prefers. I'm pretty tired of the step over leg spin kick, split legged moonsault, rolling thunder, frog splash matches. RVD is capable of much more than that.

• ricky_No1 says:

Creative? Hes done the same half dozen moves in every match hes ever done. Not to forget his boring mic skills. Waste of TNA money in my opinion

• Leg Drop Jobber says:

That's EXACTLY what I'm talking about. Creative DOESN'T WANT him doing more than the same half dozen moves in his matches. I take it you've never seen much RVD outside of TNA? Maybe only WWE? Believe me, there's a lot more than meets the eye. As for "boring mic skills," again… he's not being the RVD he would like to be. It's BOOKING. You act as if these guys have "complete creative control." You're absolutely wrong.

6. purpleurkel says:

Sign Sonjay, Rubix and somebody else… build the X division instead of saving stale talent

• Stunner says:

I agree I like Sonjay, Rubix and Rasheed Cameon just to name a few. Sonjay had that crazy stomp move I seen it once and I was hooked. Man TNA needs to bring him back for real!

• purpleurkel says:

no doubt…the first time i saw it, I thought it was a botch and he just killed somebody. Thats entertainment!

• Laker says:

SIGN RICOCHET! Ricochet is one of the best high-flyers in the planet (downside is his mic skills).

7. annil8or4321 says:

they should go back to the duel entrances

8. godoftna says:

I said it before, and I'll say it again, should he go, I cant say I'd miss him. Dont get me wrong, RVD is a tremendous talent, but he seems to have this thing about putting over his opponents. Yes he dropped the X title to Kenny King, but that was more than likely due to his expiring contract than anything else. He had a largely forgettable run as TNA World champion as well. Now maybe it's because he's been poorly booked or what not, idk, but I'm sure TNA could do much more without him than with him. In my estimation, it's time to trim some of the fat from TNA. Guys like RVD and Mr. Anderson should be let go and let some new or unused talents have their spots. While both are entertaining in their own way, TNA doesn't need them.

• MrTNA2015 says:

what does Anderson have to do with anything? He a good talent with room to grow….RVD not so much he has reached his peek.

• jbcissom says:

I don't know about Mr. Anderson. He hasn't been used appropriately imo. If you're going to push this guy as an asshole, you need to keep doing it. When TNA stopped that, his mystique… mojo… it stopped as well.

9. MrTNA2015 says:

RVD is a good talent with much still to offer, but when you have him and others booked poorly for so long your going to have fans lose interest in your talent. and your going to hurt your product. TNA needs to just go back to being serious with all of their story lines and stop with the gimmicky slow paced showes/ppv they've being trying to get away with. TNA should be what they claim to be…..TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION not TOTAL NONSTOP TALKING esc.

10. OldManEaston says:

RVD hasn't been relevant since 2006. If he stays he stays, if he goes he goes. Either way, it doesn't really matter. TNA has placed way too much emphasis on him. His championship runs were about the worst things TNA could have done with him. If they wanted to rebuild the X division and use someone to get younger talent over, they had the guy in AJ Styles, but didn't use him. RVD is basically ready for the Indy senior circuit like Honky Tonk Man.

11. Real Deal Heel says:

I like RVD, but hey he's limited by his weed endeavors. There's no chance in hell Vince signs him up knowing his propensity to the ganja esp. at 40 now. He loves his parttime endeavors in TNA and it's cool to boot, but no way he has ANY leverage in WWE talks. Nope.

12. Mutter5 says:

Rob has done his job in TNA hes helped rebuild the x division by putting over talent (witch he hardly did) but at least now we have some credible contenders in York and ion