Posted by TNA Wrestling News Staff on Apr 6, 2014
Confirmed: Sting & WWE Reach Agreement

Confirmed: Sting & WWE Reach Agreement

Partial Source: The Wrestling Observer

Sting appeared at the WrestleCon convention earlier this afternoon and teased an appearance at WrestleMania 31. In the video below, Sting tells fans that his new favorite number is “31”.

For what it’s worth, Sting is “definitely on board with WWE” and will be coming in sooner rather than later. No word on if they will announce him tonight or tomorrow night on RAW but he’s 100% coming to WWE.

21 Responses to “Confirmed: Sting & WWE Reach Agreement”

1. stevie says:

How on earth do you get all that out of this video? Lol

2. DJBIGCG says:

MUCH LOVE STING. I really do hope sting does appear in wwe. And if he does, to all of the people who said sting would NEVER go to, or wrestle in wwe. I wonder what now has to say

• Tiffanydude says:

They'd would say they wouldn't care , I'm one of them I don't care if Sting goes to WWE or TNA, he's given so much to the wrestling business that he can whatever he wants, it's his life we shouldn't judge. Personally he has done so many things in TNA that he has nothing else to give, at least in WWE he can leave with Bang rather than a whimper like in TNA.

• scorpio says:

Now its not goin to happen they screwed Sting’s big match against Taker, always wanted for him to retire as

The only wrestler that never worked for Vince but oh well

• Luis says:

I don’t watch WWE and it’s been like 7 or 8 years of boredom TNA was cutting edge when I first started watching in 2003 so not everyone has the same taste

• godoftna says:

While I don't really care that Sting is going to the WWE, I have to say that it would have been nice had Sting not signed as well. Sting is perhaps the only wrestler of the modern era who can say that his career does not need the WWE to have been considered a success. Even if he never set one foot in a WWE ring, he'd still go down as one of the greatest of all time.

• DJBIGCG says:

You know goof tna, I hear what you're saying but in my opinion, this is just like taker. He should have retired undefeated, and look what happen

3. wwehater says:

Im happy for Sting but the WWe doesn''t deserve somebody like Sting. WWE has
    ruined the wrestling we once loved and knew. I wish Sting the best and to HELL
    with the WWE!

• DJBIGCG says:

Lmfao. Naw but in all seriousness, yes wwe pretty much does own wrestling, and I do miss the old days of wrestling when wcw and the original ECW was around. But let's just say wcw won during the Monday night wars and owned wwe. And Eric bischoff was the head honcho of wrestling. Where do you think wrestling would be???

• Luis says:

Ummm Wrestling? Yea ok that is not wrestling it’s more like a weekly soap opera full of people who joined the McMahon kiss my arse club but if you think it’s wrestling you not a real fan of professional wrestling

4. gar2233 says:

no I didn't want sting to go to wwe

5. Tiffanydude says:

Taker's Streak broken Taker vs Sting at Mania won't be as special anymore lol

• tna4life says:

To me it’s not about a Streak in their prime The Undertaker vs Sting would have been huge. Now not so much so, sting is in good shape for his age. Taker has been ran into the ground by the “Meat Grinder” known as the WWE! It’s just not the same to me, both are well past their prime and I’m just not excited about it !

• DJBIGCG says:

Of all people, why in the world would wwe let Brock leasnar beat taker and end the streak. It would have been better if a young and up coming wrestler like one of the Wyatt's, or someone from the shield, or somebody of that aspect, fine. But Brock doesn't give a dam about the wwe or wrestling, and is only <span id="IL_AD2" class="IL_AD">in it for the money</span>. Like Tiffany said, mania with taker vs sting (if it happens) won't be special anymore

• dcxbox says:

no one young shoudl end the streak. taker wrestles once a year its ok to lose one. and he wanted to lose to lesner since 2010. was ana wesoem match. they worked an mma stile which was different and cool. could have been a little better but in the end sting can win his match even :) im waiting for 21-2 mania 31

• Beezy_Does_It says:

I agree. It's f*cked up because I feel they should have never broken the streak. He should retire (which I think is what is getting ready to happen) undefeated at Wrestlemania, but if he was going to lay down for someone it should have been someone that is going to carry the torch into the next decade. Brock Leasner will be done with professional wrestling (again) in five years. So now who are they going to have Sting fight? I personally don't care, I just hope Vince makes him get some Bosley treatments.

• ToledoDavid says:

I just read that Mark wanted Brock to end his streak four years ago, so he decided who should end his streak…I agree that Undertaker should have retired undefeated. As for Sting, if he indeed is going to WWE, who will he face in his last match?

6. tnadude says:

Congrats Stinger, and thanks for the memories. Best of luck in your new endeavor my friend.

7. hangers says:

Yea, this really looks like it's 'Confirmed', still about as confirmed as it has been for the past 6 months..

8. litweav says:

Sting is retiring after 31 years of wrestling, is more like it,lol

9. JoeWrestling says:

You say confirmed 100% but don't say who confirmed it? You say ton!ght or RAW, but I didn't see him. How's that 100%. Say 99% but not 100% unless you have WWE saying it.