Posted by TNA Wrestling News Staff on Sep 26, 2013
Could Hulk Hogan Jump Ship To WWE?, Details

Could Hulk Hogan Jump Ship To WWE?, Details

Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter

News of Hulk Hogan’s contract with TNA Wrestling expiring in two weeks has naturally sparked rumors that the iconic wrestler could find his way back in the company he helped make famous, WWE.

However, there is a feeling within some WWE circles that the 60-year-old will re-sign with the Nashville-based promotion. We know that Dixie Carter wants to re-sign both Hogan and Sting when their contracts expire.

It should be interesting to see how things play out over the next few weeks. Stay tuned!

34 Responses to “Could Hulk Hogan Jump Ship To WWE?, Details”

1. toddmikki says:

I truly hope Hulk gets resigned, i believe TNA NEEDS him to be a true competitor!

• tna24 says:

no they do not need hogan, tna was just fine without him when jeff ran things. or was that sarcasm

• toddmikki says:

No sarcasm at all, Hulk MADE WWE, HULK MADE WCW, HULK MADE WRESTLING! Without Hulk Hogan there is no wwe, there would’ve been no WCW and would’ve folded in the early 90s.

• purpleurkel says:

dump hogan..use his salary for Sonjay, Petey, Jay Lethal, and some other XD people….if there is more left over, revamp the KO's.
      When I started watching wrestling again, one of the first matches I saw was a 6 woman tag match, I was stunned by the awesomeness.

• ricky_No1 says:

Only one thing to say to that. BULLS**T

2. fritiz1 says:

I had watched TNA regularly since the weekly PPV days but ever since Hogan was signed I have become less interested to the point were I rarely watch and just read the reviews of Impact to keep up a little. If they resign Hogan in light of all the other quality performers they have let go I will completely give up on the product.

• jp says:

I’m no Hogan fan, but TNA doesn’t pay his salary. Therefore, his high salary has nothing to do with the releases

• Peckar says:

ANd there lies the problem. Anderson, Mickie, Petey, Dutt and Shelley could all be wrestling in TNA right now if Hogan was traded in. I would trade Anderson for Hogan alone. The Icon is TNA's Legend, who needs Hogan.

• Philly_Cheese says:

I've been in the same boat as you, I stopped watching for the most part. I always end up just downloading the show and skim through to see what happens. I think last week I watched a grand total of 10 minutes outside of one match that I watched, which was the Jeff vs Manik match.

3. 02Roadking says:

Hogan has his place as an on air talent and to help backstage because of his experience. He cannot be left in charge.

Sign Sting because he has done nothing but be an excellent worker who does what is needed and can be a positive influence on the other wrestlers.

Get rid of Bishoff and give the reigns back to JJ – it can only go up, imho……

4. nwoforlife says:

bunch of wwe people here as always now as for hogan hope he resigned tna needs someone with balls or tna will go back to being scared to try and make it the best as for jj taking over will help tna think not how that work last time last i herd was tna ratings were no better with him then without tna has one problem and only one thats spike tna one of the highest rated shows on there so whats that say for spike WAKE THE BLANK UP ITS SPIKE HOLDING TNA DOWN

• Cam says:

And how is Spike TV holding TNA down? Stop being a MARK! TNA’s marketing crew/creative crew is to blame for the ratings not increasing. It isn’t Spikes job to do all of TNA’s marketing, Spikes is damn near funding most of the contracts in TNA, how much more do they need to do? Hold their hands? If Spike were to drop Impact, TNA wouldn’t survive so bad mouthing spike isn’t helping. This is a network who pays for the majority of the big talents contracts, they split or pay for the majority of TNA to go on the road. If the company really isn’t bringing in all their putting out, why would they need to spend more money to bring in more viewers? That’s TNA’s fault

• Philly_Cheese says:

Hogan knows nothing about running a real wrestling promotion… It's obvious as all his ideas have been epic failures, and has done nothing to increase ratings or increase ticket sales.

5. Kyle says:

Drop his ass.

6. hangers says:

I dont think WWE are looking at halving their ratings anytime soon…

7. Cezar_TheScribe says:

If Vince asks Hogan he will jump ship.

After all the damage he's caused to TNA.

There are plenty of legendary wrestlers who could come to TNA to help them.

Terry Funk to name one.

• HolsG says:

TNA doesn't need legends, it needs the up and coming stars to make itself different from WWE.

It's since all the names came in 2010 that TNA has gone crap, they've completely neglected young high flyers which is what made them different. If someone new watches TNA they'll just see another WWE

• toddmikki says:

Name one thing that Hogan himself damaged?

• Cezar_TheScribe says:

TNA didn't need to go on the road at this time.

This is one reason why they are having to cut back so much and let so many go.

That's Hogan's and Bischoff's fault.

• dcxboxx says:

ya after being around for over 10 years was not enough time to go on the road. itsnot hogans fault they cant draw, ecw was around for a shorter period became ell known, out drew tna house shows and had slighly higher tv rating when spike which was tnn was muc smaller network that catered to heehaw reruns and line dancing shows. they atleast advertise tna, tna just needs to focus on making impact must see tv. tna was going on the road anyways not because of hogan and bishoff, jarret was pushing for it before they came in.

8. HolsG says:

TNA don't need him!! He's a waste of their money!
    With his wage TNA could get another 10+ up and coming stars to revive the x division, tag teams and knockouts.

It's why i'm liking this Dixie/AJ feud as it give TNA a clear idea of what fans want by who they support so hopefully TNA goes back to the good old days which put it on the map

• DirkB says:

Part of the problem is the crowds love Hogan, wrestling fans on the internet mostly seem to hate him.
      Who is TNA supposed to listen to, the fans that pay money and cheer Hogan or the people who complain on the internet and aren't handing over any money?

TNA should really consider releasing Hogan unless he brings in enough merchandise sales to help offset his salary.

9. ViceyThaShizzle says:

Every time Hogan gets on the mic I cringe. I know exactly what's coming… "At the end of the day… when it's all said and done… brother… jack… (Kifflom) brother… brother… right here in <cheap pop> brother."

10. Euphoria says:

Hogan has nothing to do withb deciding things in TNA. That said. I think he should go to wwe. Where the hypoctite internet fans can love him again.

11. Buseye says:

I wish he would jump anywhere out of TNA.
    Since Hogan has arrived TNA has slowly forgotten who they are as a company and what it was that brought them to the dance.
    Not only was it the six-sided ring that separated them from the rest and made them unique but it was the "X" Division that was mostly the driving force that drew the fans attention.
    I would much rather see those X-Division wrestlers light up the ring with what they can do in the ring than see a small guy get owned by a guy two or even three times his size all the time.
    You take a look at Sin Cara in the WWE.
    When he was Mistico in the CMLL he was electrifying in the ring but now he's just a guy in a mask either getting hurt or getting his ass kicked.
    My point is that I would like TNA to get back to what made them and I want the X-Division to be more like Mistico and not like Sin Cara.
    To Hell with MMA fighters,they need to stay where they belong and no more WWE left overs or yesteryear wrestlers.
    Work with what you already have.

12. aos1982 says:

hogans name does open doors and wrestlers and fans alike want to say they have either 'seen hulk hogan' or been in the ring with hulk he is undoubtly one of the biggest things in wrestling ever,but your not going to see another hogan until some new faces are aloud to flourish and tna are going to stay relatively small unless they start creating theyre own stars and not be a retirement home for those who just cant let go and realise its someone elses time

13. Cezar_TheScribe says:

I told Dutch Mantel one time: “The people that have the money don’t know how and the people that know how don’t have the money.” That’s why wrestling is in the state that it’s in and unfortunately Dixie has listened to the wrong people and continues to and has been led to the prim roads path and I would feel sorry for her except that she lied to me in the last conversation that we had and I don’t like that very much. People that lie to me generally get banished or vanished to the planet Pluto in my mind.” Jim Cornette