Posted by TNA Wrestling News Staff on Sep 4, 2012
Devon & Matt Morgan Both Tease WWE Returns – Details

Devon & Matt Morgan Both Tease WWE Returns – Details

— Devon tweeted this photo of himself with his sons Terrence & Terrell at the gym wearing a old-school WWE “Raw is War” T-Shirt, in another sign that he’s gone with TNA. As previously reported, TNA is expected to phase out the TV Title now that he’s gone.

— Matt Morgan posted the following in a conversation with Kevin Nash on Twitter tonight, once again teasing that he is gone from TNA and heading to WWE: So when my deal was up I said ‘why not me?!’ Accountability. Who says u can’t go home again? Lol

25 Responses to “Devon & Matt Morgan Both Tease WWE Returns – Details”

1. Dante_Cross says:

First off, Devon must be crazy if he thinks WWE will hire him as a single entity. He, as opposed to Bully Ray, has done nothing to differentiate himself from his tag team character.

Also, I don't get why they, Matt mostly, are 'teasing' WWE returns when it's not really a tease if the company hasn't even shown they are even interested as of now. If anything, Morgan's constant 'teases' are destroying his chances of getting in WWE. Don't count your chickens before they hatch, and until he has inked an actual deal, he is not teasing, but begging for a WWE run.

• weasel6666 says:

you said it all

• Bigmike885 says:

i can see them hiring him back by himself…as a trainer or producer..doubtful as a wrestler, but he'd be great as a trainer.

• JoeWrestling says:

True, but have you seen the turkeys on FCW / NXT? They have zero charisma, and if you are lucky you can tell them to pretend to be a superstar from the 80-90's and people might buy their bad acting. If you can get Devon for similar price for a few years, why not? They will just use him for house shows and filler programming. Besides, got to replace AW to keep their percentages up.

• Mr. Excitement says:

True, but the truth is the WWE has been suffering in the stars category. Randy Orton failed a 2nd drug test and had a 60 day suspension. Most wrestlers would be released after that and he was to be as well. But he was brought back as a main eventer since they were lacking star power.

I wouldn't be surprised if they bring back Morgan since Vince McMahon loves giant men and they may try making him a main event star.

2. MosesMelo says:

I must admit, Devon has been more successful as the "other" singles guy in comparison to Matt Hardy, Marty Jennetty, and even JTG (crime time)

3. IW4EVA says:

Too much of teases loses credibility , especially in case of matt who done it for almost the entire year ….

I dont understand why should tna phase out TV title ,its an excellent stepping stone for mid carders and ensures that not too many are crowded to fight for the Heavy weight title !

4. whatsup121 says:

First it was the legends title , then it was the global title, then it was the tv title.
    that belt has had some history like Rob Terry winning it in the UK and Devon's longest title rein as a single competitor. say what you will about Devon in comparison to Bully Ray. Devon actually held a singles title Bully Ray never did.

• Peckar says:

Why are you repeating the same shit from the last column?

• Mr. Excitement says:

Yes, but you do realize that wrestling is scripted and Devon was given the TV title since they had nothing for his stale character?

• Bigmike885 says:

I usually dont agree with you, but you hit the nail on the head buddy. I hate when people say "well so and so had a title"…so what?..someone high up liked that someone..I mean for gods sake..The "great" Kali held the world title..Piper or Dibiese never did..does that mean Kali is better then either of those guys?

5. whatsup121 says:

Imagine if Devon was casted as an inbred milk farmer

Oh my brother , pasteurize.

6. DJBIGCG says:

It would be something if devon went to wwe and bubba ray dudley dtayed in tna. We'll have to wait and see if the dudley boyz stay in tna or go back to the wwe

7. Peckar says:

Lots of Matt haters. I doubt Morgan would be teasing unless he knew he would be going to the E. As for Devon, I just hope its all a work and he is recruited by A&8s, if thats what it takes to keep Bully on the roster. Dreams are free.

8. kevinroulette says:

Wwe will not hire him by himself , unless they want him to tag with an up and comer. I'm hoping bully ray stays with tna, he is a singles guy now and is way over. I never like him till he's singles run. Im a fan now

9. akcbd says:

good riddance…..*yawn* for both of them

10. ViceyThaShizzle says:

W-w-w-who s-s-says you c-c-can't go home again, huh M-M-M-M-Matt?

• Bigmike885 says:

dude..get over the stuttering thing…90 percent of all wrestlers had a stupid gimmick at one time or another…it happens…

• ViceyThaShizzle says:

I never even saw it, I haven't watched WWE since 2002. I was merely pointing out that he seems quick to burn bridges with TNA and try to reestablish them with WWE when all he did while he was there was apparently job out and play a joke character. I don't see why he has to keep "teasing" about his return, just shut up and do it.

• tnadude says:

Are we sure that was a gimmick? I mean, his mic skills are atrocious…

Ok, that was bad. I like Matt. He's a nice guy and I wish him well. I just hope he works on his act a bit because he needs a lot of improvement.

11. RealCreative says:

its time to clear the old guys out anyway and bring the new guys up the ranks…look at Roode & Aries…both these guys are getting the push they deserve…to the point The Rock even acknowledged Roodes performance on TNA….this is what W W E has done with guys like Cena etc and TNA need a do the same.