Posted by TNA Wrestling News Staff on Jul 25, 2013
Dixie Carter Issues Address On The State Of TNA

Dixie Carter Issues Address On The State Of TNA

Dixie Carter posted the following today…

Hi everyone,
In the 11+ years that I have been with TNA, I am still amazed by the passion of pro wrestling fans. That passion – both positive and negative – is remarkable and something that all of us at TNA values.

With that said, I asked for questions from you like I have done many times in the past, but I didn’t provide a timeframe by which I would answer you. I know I have frustrated you all, and I apologize. Beginning next week, each Thursday, I will answer legitimate questions from you on a weekly basis. I will not, however, address outrageous or hurtful questions/posts.

I also wanted to take this opportunity to provide perspective from inside TNA – where we stand and where, with support from our current and future fans around the globe, we are going. What is being shared with you now is what was shared with the IMPACT roster before our phenomenal Destination X show from Louisville, KY last week.

This has been a big year for TNA. We took IMPACT LIVE on the road, exactly where it needs to be – where you’ve asked us to be – in your backyard. We also changed our Pay-Per-View schedule, shifting from 12 to four live Pay-Per-View events each year, in order to increase the value of these events for you. To grow TNA, these are moves that needed to be made. And, part of changes like this, includes structural changes within TNA to align with this new business model.

Many of your comments and questions reference our recent roster changes. The relationship that fans have with wrestlers is unique and one of the many great aspects of the wrestling business. And, for this reason, releasing talent is never easy – not for you and not for us. But, bringing in fresh faces and the best wrestling talent in the world is what you expect, and what TNA will always strive to deliver. Recently, we have brought back some talent favorites (Sonjay Dutt, Petey Williams and Homicide), and you will continue to see this and new talent that we are excited to introduce you to in the coming months.

TNA has always been, and will continue to be, a place where you can interact with the superstars, whether in person at a live show or via social channels, like Twitter and Facebook. We are constantly exploring new and interesting ways to take this interaction to another level, and you will see this unfold in the coming months. I appreciate each of you taking the time to share your thoughts, opinions and ideas. Your input and feedback helps us create a better product. I hope you will join us when IMPACT LIVE comes to your area.

28 Responses to “Dixie Carter Issues Address On The State Of TNA”

1. MikeS23 says:

Shut up Dixie….

• tna24 says:

if you dont like it then you can leave. i like what she saying you dont see wwe do this much for the fans as tna does. well you do, but you dont see vince talking to fans on twitter

2. tna24 says:

i love that they are bring back some old talent, but i wish they could bring back jay lethal

• Peckar says:

The three she mentioned indeed deserve to be there, and I called for them myself. Lethal without his gimmick is a bit boring. ROH are pushing him if you are keen. I would like to see Petey with his Poppa Pump gimmick. Maybe dreaming with Hogan there though, probably don't want to ruffle his feathers.

3. TwIsTeD_EnEmY says:

Does that mean Homocide has actually signed with TNA or was she referring to his appearances at the one night only PPV's ?

4. TheFurnitureom says:

Dixie = class. The amount of trolling she gets from people that wouldn't know where to begin on running a successful wrestling promotion is crazy, but she still seems to 'rise above the hate' :) , not only that, but she's experimental, she's not relying on an old revenue model which doesn't work and understands how to balance the books. In my life time, I think I've enjoyed 4 periods in wrestling – the attitude era (bret/stonecold/shawn), the benoit/angle/guerrero/jericho phase, the NWO and TNA's run over the last 10 years.

Remember this TNA fans, whilst WWE fans are begging for another boom period and that day that 'Cena turns heel', TNA in that time have put on hundreds of great matches.

Without TNA, I would of migrated to a pure MMA fan AGES ago.

• jflegler says:

Well said.

I love how Dixie stated "I will answer legitimate questions from you" as I am sure that she was bombarded with asinine questions, derogatory comments, and stupidity.

• tnadude says:

Personally, I don't watch WWE because Vince has no class. Since I'm an avid TNA fan, that summarizes my opinion on Dixie.

But still, her background is PR and these statements are due to that fact. As such, they do get old after a while, particularly since he's so adept at saying absolutely nothing.

5. AylinsFury says:

DIXIE IS Amazing and i hope she knows shes doing a heckuva job..very pleased withh the direction tna is going and I’m on boaard!!! KEEP IT UP!!

• jflegler says:

Despite what others have been saying, I am on board too; however, strengthening the writing and consequential storylines will help their product.

6. tna caput mundi says:

• rumpl4skin says:

Low Ki actually just retired from pro wrestling like a month ago

• tna caput mundi says:

Actually after his retirement's news… Low ki has wrestled for an indy …

and Even if he said so im pretty sure if he would be treated properly he would join TNA again . He always deserved to be one of the top of the mainstream.But it's only my humble opinion.

and since i cant edit my previous message i just wanted to say to Dixie to focus on the x division (with no limits again) on live shows.
        and regarding the cost cutting ,i consider a new noisy arena for some months a very good option compared to going on tour non stop.

7. tna24 says:

i know we dont like to hear about wcw, but i remember watching a wcw DVD and they struggle at first i believe it wasnt till like 20 years later till they made it big

• OldManEaston says:

That is a misconception. I could understand because of the confusion about the NWA World Championship Wrestling franchise, and the actual BRANDED WCW promotion which sprang out of the ashes of Jim Crockett Promotions/Mid-Atlantic. In reality, they are completely different entities who only share the same name and a similar heritage.

To make a very long and complicated story shorter,. World Championship Wrestling was a television franchise of Jim Barnett's NWA Georgia promotion, much like Nitro, Raw or Smackdown. Due to it's time-slot with WTBS it was considered the flagship show of the NWA and featured talent primarily from 3 main promotions JCP, CWF and GCW as well as other regional NWA subsidiaries. Then in 1984, the Brisco's who now ran GCW, sold to Vince McMahon in what would be come to be known as Black Saturday. the World Championship Wreslting Show was a bomb under McMahon and Jim Crockett Junior took over the television franchise as now virtually the de facto remaining NWA after Eddie Grahams suicide, and WCCW and Mid-South having pulled out in 1986. By 1988 JCP/Mid-Atlantic was insolvent and the promotion was sold to WTBS owner Ted Turner who created the WCW corporate subsidiary. So In actuality WCW existed as a distinct promotional entity for just under 12 and a half years. Or in other words, barely longer than how long TNA has been in business.

8. TNA_fan says:

It sucks TNA had to let some of the good talents go, but at the same time at least they're doing something else to makeup for it like going live, bringing in more "new" talents to replaced the once they let go.

9. Btskz210 says:

Biggest question iwould say, why aint yall listening to yalls real fans and bring back the 6 sided ring for good.? Bring back don west, and also why havent we had a TNA vs AAA match since jeff jarret was last in TNA.?

• jflegler says:

Please, no 6 sided ring. It is a playground for missed spots, chaos, and ultimately…injuries.

In addition, you cannot bring someone back that does not want to come back. If that was the case, bring back C.M. Punk.

• hangers says:

I'd love to see the 6 sided ring back…

• jflegler says:

I am sure that select people would; however, I am also sure that the majority of wrestlers wouldn't. You can give me a thumbs down, but speaking from experience, I would hate to work a ring that had 6 sides to it.

10. JoeWrestling says:

Her comments seem pretty honest. I agree their business model has clearly changed. They've had to change from a more ambitious model to a more streamlined one. You can't deliver what there is no market demand for. Dumping the 12 PPVS to hopefully create more demand for the remaining ones is a good move. I have been suggesting moving away from PPV and to Spike Specials for the branded PPVs for years now. If they can do 8 of them a year on Impact, that will certainly help their product. I don't think the costs are that excessive, if it's $600,000 a show with two tapings, that's only $300,000 per episode which I wouldn't doubt Spike pays twice that or more per episode. They just need to streamline costs so they can pay back the startup costs and of course make a reasonable profit. As with any business, the hard truth is they are not in business to make employees rich. The current market makes many indy talent available cheap, and it's more economical to use them than to retain expensive talent that bids up their salary against WWE. Of course this means they will lose some talent, but the core roster will remain intact. You can't really complain if someone is let go, because if they were drawing audience they would keep them.

11. hangers says:

She needs to employ better creative writers and sh!t can hogan and his ***** of a daughter..

12. josieamy says:

Dixie and tna definitely give a more friendly vibe than WWE. Is it good business acumen? Trying to be friends with everyone…maybe not. But I like it.