Posted by TNA Wrestling News Staff on Jan 30, 2013
Dixie Carter Speaks Out – iMPACT On The Road?, PPVs

Dixie Carter Speaks Out – iMPACT On The Road?, PPVs

Credit: The American

Dixie Carter recently spoke about the future of TNA and more. Here are the highlights…

On Impact Going on the Road: That is the goal starting this year. We’re close to making a big announcement, another one besides the PPVs, which I think will have a great impact on the show, pun intended. Taking the show on the road is the natural next step for us. It’s expensive touring and it’s not that I haven’t wanted to be on the road but it’s a business decision just like losing the PPVs. I’m not going to put this company in any financial trouble, so everything we have done has been very conscious, people were saying we weren’t going to stay in business for ten weeks and here we are going into our 11th year and having more success than ever and that’s because we make good business decisions.

On Cutting Back on PPV: To cut down the PPVs was a difficult decision because you’re giving away millions of dollars to both your top line as well as the profit line on the balance sheet. We do have success in that. It’s always been the traditional way of doing wrestling but I feel we’re in a place right now where we have to shake things up and we need to look at things differently. It is a big financial risk on our part to do without it but I feel like it will make the PPVs we do much more special and I really feel it will make television mean more. We’ll have an opportunity to let programmes breathe, give away more PPV-quality matches on television, and then when we do have a PPV I know everyone of my guys are going to be fighting to be on that card and it will just be interesting to see how that plays out.

On TNA’s Future: Expanding outside of wrestling I think is important in order to grow the core product globally. Coming up with more licensing and sponsors, more programming – in the United States we just have one show and our competitor has ten hours of television a week so it is hard to compete. We have more television in the UK and that shows you how competitive we can be when we have more exposure, so that would be our goal in the United States. Again it’s not because I haven’t wanted to, it’s just contractually I haven’t been able to due to our contract agreement with Spike TV. But that is changing as well. I think all of these things combined will make for a very interesting 2013.

8 Responses to “Dixie Carter Speaks Out – iMPACT On The Road?, PPVs”

1. tnadude says:

Music to my ears. Now make it happen!

2. dcxboxx says:

only problem is tna cant draw huge crowds to its ppvs outside of the theme park ones. its good they will go on the road though as its much needed, but they will have to paper the events with as many free tickets as possible for the time being. im sure they will take the wcw approach, with hopes of gaining paying fans on return dates to those same areas.

• Dante_Cross says:

If TNA focused more on the wrestling heavy places like the east and advertised there, they would get a turnout. There is no reason Extreme Reunion can get over a thousand people to their show in Philly, and TNA gets less than half that the following week.

• dcxboxx says:

well extreme rising puts on great shows. and tna house shows are pretty weak as they are the same lineup and outcomes everywhere. they dont change up much. but id say the same thing about the wwe house shows except they try to give wwe house shows a bigger tv style feel to them. same time i think both wwe and tna need to incorportate house shows into the tv world storylines and make them equal. not saying title changes all the time maybe some minor ones with a rare world title change. maybe but at the very least some storyline based events that can be shown online or on tv as smaking it feel like you need not miss this house show.

• ariesstormjoe says:

they will if they advertise properly.

they do much better over here in the uk. and the reason for that is cos despite them being in usa. the uk just know their product more.

3. purpleurkel says:

A New Show?!?!?

about time Dixie… time to sign Sonjay and have the X-division show!!!

4. DigestivBiscuit says:

Okay look people I love TNA, I have been addicted to TNA since 2004 and I honestly think if TNA made a 2nd show it won't be good for the business. I think they should get people's attentions by taking IMPACT on the road more often, give it about 2 years to see the outcome, if the outcome is great then they can start the 2nd show.

5. annil8or4321 says:

i like the fact that they are cutting back on the ppvs i think it will make the company as a whole really push it to the next level as for the 2nd show idea i do think they need to use alot more of the talent they have in the locker room and road shows would really get the tna brand name out to other available markets