Posted by TNA Wrestling News Staff on Jan 30, 2013
Dixie Carter To Make Major Announcement On iMPACT!

Dixie Carter To Make Major Announcement On iMPACT!

Dixie Carter posted the following on Twitter today…

“I will be making a major announcement on IMPACT tomorrow (8/7c) This will change everything for our wrestlers, company & YOU our audience!”

This follows up an interview recap from earlier today, where Carter mentioned a big announcement when asked about the company touring for iMPACT!…

“That is the goal starting this year. We’re close to making a big announcement, another one besides the PPVs, which I think will have a great impact on the show, pun intended. Taking the show on the road is the natural next step for us. It’s expensive touring and it’s not that I haven’t wanted to be on the road but it’s a business decision just like losing the PPVs. I’m not going to put this company in any financial trouble, so everything we have done has been very conscious, people were saying we weren’t going to stay in business for ten weeks and here we are going into our 11th year and having more success than ever and that’s because we make good business decisions.”

15 Responses to “Dixie Carter To Make Major Announcement On iMPACT!”

1. DJBIGCG says:

Well my guess from reading this, is that the big announcement is tna will start touring rather then just being in the impact zone in florida for every impact show. Now the question is (if that is her announcement) where will they travel and how often? I doubt it will be as much as wwe travels but you never know

• toddmikki says:

i Think once a month on open fight nite would be a great starting point. Bring in a couple local gut check opponents to try and earn a contract.

2. Treck says:

If its not a travel deal. Then I see them doing some interaction deal on every show

3. ViceyThaShizzle says:

Well that ties in with Universal Studios not having a filming schedule for Impact after the UK tour finished. So it could mean they are finally taking it on the road. There are a few cons to this but also many pros.

4. annil8or4321 says:

this road show idea is one of the best ones theyve had since hiring eric young

5. kaecyus says:

The Road shows, depending on where they pick to go, are the best idea they've had in a long time. They've seen how well they've been treated by the UK and that's sealed the deal by the looks of things. Even with a half empty arena they get more pops and boos for their least relevant stars and plots than the main events get in the Impact Zone.

6. Mr. Excitement says:

Dixie Carter with her first 'Major Announcement' of the year.
    I hope Impact will be on the road a lot more! :)

7. HolsG says:

Really not holding my breath!
    Usually the announcements are rubbish or not going to do too much for the company

8. Treck says:

If it is indeed that TNA will be on the road. I would if I was them stay in state to state for a month or so.

9. tna24 says:

if she says they are going on the road, that a big step for tna. as they are trying to grow. i hope they go to good wrestling areas not just randoms , because it cheap to travel there. they will need to hit NY and Philly, if they are hitting the road.

10. tna24 says:

i would love to see a tna show on the west coast, since i seen WCW and WWE, i would like to add tna to the list

11. Treck says:

I would love to see them on the west coast. But for now I would hit the old wrestling territories for now. Philly. As well. I would go to Georgia. Back to Nashville. Memphis. Dallas. Maybe even Calgary though that would ne a very small crowd. They have to get the old wrestling fans who gave up on wrestling back. Somehow someway. Another show on spike tv as well so more wrestlers have more time to showcase their talents thus fans can either relate or lovevto hate them. Jmo

12. hangers says:

Another BIG announcement from Dixie, hopefully this wont be another of the ones that are hardly worth the wait..

13. Kyle says:

Hogan will rub down, and tweet creepy pics of Brooke every show!!!