Posted by TNA Wrestling News Staff on Sep 12, 2013
Dixie Carter Tweets Jim Ross – Details Inside

Dixie Carter Tweets Jim Ross – Details Inside

Dixie Carter posted the following in regards to Jim Ross’ WWE departure…

What a class act! @JRsBBQ. Wrestling will miss you!
— Dixie Carter (@TNADixie) September 12, 2013

18 Responses to “Dixie Carter Tweets Jim Ross – Details Inside”

1. Tiffanydude says:

Oh that's sad JR is one of the best commentators and very respectful to anyone he meets I love how he admits tuning to TNA and had nothing bad to say unlike other people.

2. kevinroulette says:

It's sucks he got fired really over flair at video game conference . He's a wwe guy but I hope he's pissed now and joins tna . He could help in back and on screen also .

• DirkB says:

I hope he does, JR could offer a lot to TNA and not just on commentary. I can't see him willing to take on the stress and deal with the levels of hate he'd get for it.

• Bigmike885 says:

this is like the 3rd time hes been fired from WWE. Hes not going to TNA…he doesn't need it…doesn't need the stress (like you said) and im sure he has more than enough money.

• Sturk says:

hes not fired hes retired… retired doesnt mean released. If he ever comes back his contract still exist.

• tnadude says:

AYKM? I heard about the conference, but firing HIM over it? Good grief!

That's pathetic. Then again, it's also why I don't like VKM…

3. mb113 says:

4. TwIsTeD_EnEmY says:

WWE fired him because Flair got drunk during a Media conference and JR didn't control him well enough (as the emcee). For anyone that is hoping he will be TNA bound, he most certainly will not be. Whether you're a TNA or WWE fan, most people know JR is a class act. He will always be a WWE guy, despite leaving on bad terms.

5. Euphoria says:

Ric Flair is a whore. Everyone craps on Hogan mainly internet male nymphos but Flair has donr more damage in his outside world of being a douchebag .

6. Stunner says:

That’s the WWE for you, they forced JR to retire because of Flair ? If anything the WWE should do something to Flair behind closed doors. When I liked the WWE JR was my favorite commentator !!!!! This bites oh well now I’m glad that I switched to TNA

7. Sa7827 says:

Fire HHogan ,bring in Good Ol JR!

• Tiffanydude says:

How would that solve anything? If anything fire Taz to make room for JR and that's still bad because two Face commentators would be pretty boring we need a Face and Heel Commentator well not "Heel" Heel like evil but a commentator who sides with the light heels like an Anderson A$$hole type. Besides if Hogan was fired TNA could use the money they saved to pay their employees and pay off their bills and maybe hire new talent or restructure some contracts like AJ's.

8. TFnatureboyfig4 says:

Jim Ross was great in WCW (and in the E, I guess), and I'd love to see him in TNA. Of course, I'd also love to wake up one morning and discover I'd suddenly become a tripod. As Ross would say, "Highly unlikely." 😛

9. RealCreative says:

I can honestly say NEVER say NEVER……cause i didnt think i would ever see Hogan, Flair or Bischoff in TNA as an original fan from day 1…….

10. Dennis D says:

What do you guys mean that JR will “never join TNA due to being too loyal to WWE”? Look, JR’s roots were from the NWA/WCW.. so if he started his career in that region, why not end it in that region? If JR can come on as an backstage advisor while working the commentary table with Taz & Tenay then I say that’s a win win for JR AND TNA. JR wouldn’t mind the week on week off schedule (a lot easier than WWE’s).

Nobody is asking JR to have TOTAL CONTROL and bare the weight of the entire company. Bischoff is caring some creative control and JR is more than capable of advising the company workers. JR has been through enough to KNOW how a professional wrestling company should be conducted behind the curtain.

11. godoftna says:

JR turned down Dixie and TNA once before, but I think she should make a strong play to try and bring him in to the fold. JR has decades of experience both in the wrestling business as an announcer as well as working for the WWE in talent development. He'd be a HUGE asset to the company, and provide way more than Hogan, Bischoff, or Pritchard ever have. With JR as the head of development and with a strong hand in the control of the company, I think JR could help lead TNA to new heights.