Posted by TNA Wrestling News Staff on Jun 23, 2013
Eric Young Speaks Out – Eating Octopus Brains, Fishing

Eric Young Speaks Out – Eating Octopus Brains, Fishing

TNA star Eric Young recently did an interview with MensJournal.com to promote his fishing show. Here are some highlights:

Young on his love for fishing: “A lot of my childhood memories are about fishing with him [my father]. Him having a couple of adult beverages, me an orange soda, just enjoying the river. A lot of times we didn’t even catch anything.”

Young on eating octopus brains: “It doesn’t actually taste like much of anything. It kind of tastes like salt and rubber. It feels like a little macadamia nut. You bite down, they go white, and that’s that.”

Young on his longevity in wrestling: “I’m a durable person. I think I was created in a lab for pro wrestling. I have abnormally large bone structure.” As a toddler, he was afflicted with an immunodeficiency that killed off his white blood cells; having survived it, his blood is less susceptible to bruising and clotting. “Basically, I’m a really cheap version of Wolverine.”

You can read the full interview by clicking here.

7 Responses to “Eric Young Speaks Out – Eating Octopus Brains, Fishing”

1. Tiffanydude says:

Omg I love E.Y., I can't wait til he returns full time on TV! He's perfect for any Division! 😀

2. Ultimate_X says:

really love this guy, all wrestling ability aside (i thing he's got it all btw) he's so entertaining, 'cheap version of wolverine' hahaha

3. jbcissom says:

Exactly…. a "cheap version of Wolverine"! Freaking awesome! How can you not like this guy?

4. Mutter5 says:

Im currently listing to the "Steve Austin show" and EY is his guest. Nice listen.

• tnadude says:

That was an awesome interview. I've said it long before this show – he'd be a great mouthpiece for the company.

5. TNA_Warrior_UK says:

Good interview. My favourite EY was actually when he was in world elite. Showed us that he's just as good playing a heel as he is a crazy face!

6. annil8or4321 says:

god he is so f n talented