Partial Source: Prowrestling.net
– As you no doubt saw over the weekend, it was reported that Robert Roode’s TNA contract had expired due to an oversight in Talent Relations, which caused concern that Roode would miss Lockdown. TNA worked out a new deal with Roode in time for him to appear at Lockdown. The contract also caused some issues with Roode’s work visa. It is being reported that the reason for the expiration was the new contract structure that the company instituted four years ago that saw most of the long-term contracts include an opt-out for both sides near the end of the contract.
Roode signed his most recent contract in 2009, which was a five-year deal. The opt-out clause hit when the end of the contract’s fourth year arrived in February and was overlooked, causing the expiration. Although the new deal was worked out, it cost TNA monetarily because Roode had leverage as a free agent.
This is not the first time that the opt-out clauses have caused a talent’s contract to expire, but Roode is the most high-profile wrestler to have it happen to.
– TNA has posted interview clips with Bobby Roode where he talks about getting into the wrestling business and his path to TNA Impact Wrestling. You can view the clips belows.
– Here is the updated lineup for the Wresting Cares Association “Race For The Ring Tournament” on April 27th in Los Angeles, California:
* Davey Richards vs. Kyle O’Reilly
* Colt Cabana vs. Kyle Matthews
* Adam Cole vs. “The Premiere Athlete” Anthony Nese
* Sami Callihan vs Jamin Olivencia
* Steve Anthony vs. Caprice Coleman
* Pepper Parks vs. Vordell Walker
* Drew Gulak vs. Bobby Sharp
* “The Sarge” Jeff McAllister vs. B-Boy