Posted by TNA Wrestling News Staff on Dec 8, 2012
Ex-TNA Star Jerry Lynn’s Retirement Date Revealed

Ex-TNA Star Jerry Lynn’s Retirement Date Revealed

Former ECW World Heavyweight Champion Jerry Lynn has set March 23, 2013 as his official retirement date from professional wrestling, which marks as his 25th anniversary in the profession. His final match will take place in his home city of Minneapolis, Minnesota, where he broke in under Brad Rheighans. His final match in the Northeast will take place February 9, 2013 in Metuchen, New Jersey, as he faces ECW rival Lance Storm at a Pro Wrestling Syndicate event.

We also noted yesterday that Ring of Honor confirmed that Jerry Lynn will face Mike Bennett at the ROH Final Battle iPPV on December 16th from the Hammerstein Ballroom in New York City. This will be Lynn’s last match for Ring of Honor before his retirement.

9 Responses to “Ex-TNA Star Jerry Lynn’s Retirement Date Revealed”

1. whatsup121 says:

Good luck Jerry Lynn tks for the great matches

2. ramman4488 says:

He should've had his retirement match in TNA against AJ Styles.

• DickTheBruiser says:

Why Aj Styles? I don't recall them having any history. His retirement match should most definitely be against RVD, as their rivalry was historical.

• Pippin0490 says:

Guess you aren't familair with the early days of TNA? AJ & Lynn had an amazing fued that put the company on the map! The matches they had got recognision from top critics. They traded the X-division title and were also the first NWA Tag Team Champs in TNA.

• DickTheBruiser says:

I guess not. I watched a lot of it, only in retrospect. Didn't catch TNA in it's early days, until after the fact. Don't recall seeing a Styles/Lynn feud. Regardless of that feud, it's also the feud with RVD that everyone remembers most. I know those who frequent this site are typically anti-RVD, but people can't mention Jerry Lynn without his feud with RVD being mentioned. Unfortunately, this is the first I've heard of his rivalry with AJ.

3. UKTNAFAN says:

I thought he was in As&8s at first, but actually it was just Briscoe, would have been so cool if it was Lynn instead though!

4. Steven kelly says:

Nah its big bird whos in tna mitt told me lool

5. dcxboxx says:

his last match should either be vs rvd, vs sean waltman, or teaming with ricky morton.

rvd the fued that put him on the map.

waltman vs jerry lynn was a fued that made both guys in the gwf and got them chances elsewhere.

ricky morton because lynn said that he always wanted to team with morton not so much wrestle against him but team with him just one time.

im going to see jerry lynn vs homicide at extreme rising dec 29th in philly. that will be the last time they face off and prob his last extreme rising date unless they do another show before march.

6. TheHamma says:

My first PPV I went to was a TNA event and I thought that Jerry Lynn stole the show and that was about 5 years ago, he is one of the best