Posted by TNA Wrestling News Staff on Jan 10, 2013
Ex-TNA Star Ric Flair Praises Kurt Angle + Talks WWE

Ex-TNA Star Ric Flair Praises Kurt Angle + Talks WWE

Ric Flair recently spoke about working for McMahon, the current WWE product and more. Here are the highlights…

Working For Vince McMahon: “Vince again is a great guy, he’s very honest and to the point and truthful. He is brutally honest and it takes a lot for someone in this day and age to be brutally honest but Vince is and I respect that about him. He’s the man, there is no one like him and no one has ever compared to him in this business, he has put things together that no one ever has, he’s a genius. But don’t piss him off! I’ve pissed Vince off plenty of times but oh boy did he make me aware of it and at the end of the day Vince always wins.”

The Current WWE Product: “I think the current product is average but that’s because you can’t replace guys like The Undertaker, Stone Cold Steve Austin, The Rock, Shawn Michaels and Ric Flair, it’s very hard to replace all of those great guys, but the WWE is still the best wrestling product there is. The WWE really misses that whole attitude era but you’ll never get that back because it is just so hard to establish new names over night, you can’t just take a generation of people and try to replace them to make it better because it is a very tough and difficult business.”

Current WWE Superstars That Stand Out To Him: “The first three that come to my mind are John Cena, Randy Orton and Big Show, I really like Rey Mysterio and I think Dolph Ziggler can be great. There are a lot of good guys there right now but it’s just not what it was when you had the likes of Steve Austin, Triple H, Kurt Angle, I think Kurt is awesome, right now he is the best wrestler in the business.”

8 Responses to “Ex-TNA Star Ric Flair Praises Kurt Angle + Talks WWE”

1. koysortna1 says:

Please Ric come back to TNA, I want to see you an hogan main eventing TNA in 2 weeks in wembely infront 12,000+ people. I want to see those saggy tits which have been on TV for the past 4 decades. Come on ric time to hit the bricks and come to TNA again where u belong

• Bigmike885 says:

i love how people bring up his physical apperance, hes always been like that, and was able to go a hour hes in better shape at 60 plus then you are…

• Whatever says:

Yeah and just notice which part of Flairs body he’s really paying attention too

• toddmikki says:

ok? its the truth…. just like people would describe Samoa Joe as Fat, even though hes in better shape than most the wrestlers. why are you nit picking at everything everyone says?

• Whatever says:

Cause that’s what the purpose of this forum is all about. Everyone has their own opinion and when u make ur opinion people like me are going to reply to their opinion with whatever I feel like saying. Just like if someone says tna sucks on this site or say anything negative tna mark ass bitches on this site like to give a thumbs down for nit picking and giving their honest opinion.

And I wouldn’t doubt for one second that the reason they are cutting back that many ppv’s is because their big sponsor left and spike tv is tired of throwing their money into tna with no payoff. Simple they can’t afford to run them and it will not surprise me when it’s just the same amount or less people who order the in between ppv’s. now watch as the number on the thumbs down rise and rise cause of my opinion.

2. Treck says:

No no no! In the wwe Flair is the greatest thing in life. Anywhere else he is an old has been. The world wrestling entertainment where anyone is or has been or will be disrespected if they go elsewhere. It is what it is

• Whatever says:

And tna is where the over the hill 30 past their prime wrestlers go to be sent to the pasture and put down with a single bullet cause that’s all they can afford unless ur name is hogan

3. The shield says:

Ric flair d.i.c.k riding mcmahon again