Posted by TNA Wrestling News Staff on Apr 9, 2013
Former TNA X-Division Champion Returning – Who Is It?

Former TNA X-Division Champion Returning – Who Is It?

Dixie Carter announced on Twitter that Chris Sabin will return to Impact this montth. Sabin has been out with a torn ACL since last June:

“Big X Division news. Chris @ProjectSabin returning to#ImpactLIVE this month. He text me tonight saying he is “So Ready”. Me too!!!”

This comes on the heels of TNA bringing back Petey Williams full-time.

42 Responses to “Former TNA X-Division Champion Returning – Who Is It?”

1. Tiffanydude says:

2. soyfenomenal says:

3. FIRST PETEY NOW SABIN???? TNA is god right now

4. Stunner says:

I’ve only seen a few videos of the MCMG on YouTube. With having torn his ACL this guy needs to be careful while in the ring. If he wrestles better than John CENA then he’s cool with me, i think that if TNA can get some good storylines in the X-Division then TNA will take off. An keep putting out a QUALITY product on IMPACT each week unlike the WWE RAW then the sky’s the limit for TNA.

5. jbcissom says:

So… TNA is signing X-division wrestlers. I smell a new show on the horizon.

6. Get_Carter says:

This is wonderful news! Great to see the x-division loading up on talent!

7. ToledoDavid says:

Velvet did a great job nursing him back to health…

8. whatsup121 says:

This is great news now bring back Alex Shelly and reform MCMG

9. Treck says:

10. AussieWrestling says:

I'm completely marking out right now

11. Russell F'n Wilson says:

Yes! Hopefully Shelly returns also. Beef up X division and Tag division all in one.

• HolsG says:

He's in Japan though :( so contracted elsewhere – doubt we'll see him and personally I don't blame him – when Sabin was injured, we saw Alex about 2 or 3 times and i think that was all on xplosion

• DirkB says:

Shelley himself said he was injured during that time, but it was never really mentioned and may have just been a story for keeping him off tv.

12. Steven kelly says:

Fantastic news and thankyou those healing pigeon powers :) gotta worship those pigeons :)

13. HolsG says:

Glad he's back (Dixie may need to elaborate on that text to Serg though – sorry haha)

Just need Lethal, Red and Alex (only for MCMG) now. They can help improve the gut check x divisioners then and then it will be more like the old days with the x division being the main part of the show – hopefully

• jbcissom says:

I seriously think there is a new show that will airing in the U.S. and probably internationally soon, specializing on the X and KO divisions. Unless TNA has been granted a 3rd hour by Spike. There is now way too much talent and not enough "airtime".

• HolsG says:

With TNA being live it gives them more replacements if needed i.e. travel or injury as well as giving wrestlers every 4th show off or something as it's going to be harder (especially for the legends) to keep up with doing live shows every two weeks and in the same night

More airtime would be great, just hope other countries get it too instead of being edited

• tnadude says:

I don't see them ever becoming themain part of the show. I do see them as a weekly feature used to provide relief from all the drama of the normal show. Keeping the audience engaged is the key success on the road. And the switch from promos & vignettes to high-flying acrobatic wrestling will certainly accomplish that feat.

My guess is that they will used heavily at the top of the second hour (when live) and the start of the show (second taping). The KOs will likely occupy those slots as well. Just a guess though.

• DirkB says:

I'd disagree with Shelley only for the MCMG, I love the Guns but Alex can put on a show just fine by himself.

14. TheMiwyun says:

who cares about fricken sabin? WHERE IS GOLDBERG GODDAMNIT

• IHNSAIN says:

really who cares lolz a load more ppl care than wat care bout goldberg him and easy e where in a helecopter bout 2 years ago lolz that was he has no ties with tna at all and prob never will

sabin is 10x bill goldberg hail sabin

15. annil8or4321 says:

this looks good

16. UCEAD11 says:

The return of the x division is just going to make impact wrestling more entertaining. I want to see world cup now two times a year. Chris sabin returning with Petey williams. Awesome. I would like to see them retain both of the Gut check contestants and Rubix. we need some masked wrestlers back in the fold.
    To bring back Suicide would be great. Just simply make one of the new comers that character.

17. TheFurnitureom says:

I actually dont want Sabin the X Division. I want him to make the transition that AJ, Aries, Daniels have made. I think he could be a great upper mid (even main) face. I'd like him to come and take Roode out. Let Roode give him the rub. If not, then I would like to see MCMG vs Roode/Aries.

If Sabin doesnt acknowledge Roode's take out of him, it would be an opportunity missed.

18. judkinskenneth says:

I think you guys should definetely bring in Teddy Hart Jack Evans and of course bring back Senshi lethal and Amazing Red that would be great Teddy Hart is and amazing athlete if not that atleast make a canadian team in tna. on the heavyweight situation Kevin Steen Mvp David smith unbreakable Michael Elgin
    and also to beef up the tag team division bring in eddie edwards and david richard, the briscoes and even possibly even cedric alexander and caprice coleman and if anyone hasnt seen kevin steen michael elgin teddy hart or eddie edwards and davey richards look them up on youtube you wont regret it at all

19. judkinskenneth says: