Posted by TNA Wrestling News Staff on Apr 20, 2013
Full Chris Sabin Twitter Q&A Recap Inside Here

Full Chris Sabin Twitter Q&A Recap Inside Here

TNA star and former X division and tag team champion, Chris Sabin, recently did a Q&A session on his Twitter account. Below are some highlights:

Q: When are you coming back?
SABIN: Next week!

Q: Are you going to be using the La Magistral Cradle as your finishing maneuver from now on
SABIN: Nope. That involves a rotation on my left knee

Q: Will you be reverting to your more strength based style you had pre-MCMG this time around
SABIN: My style will be different and better than ever. No spoilers

Q: What was the worst match you ever had?
SABIN: I think I was in a “Reverse Battle Royal” (Feast or Fired) one time that won a worst match of the year award

Q: What are your plans when you come back to Impact Wrestling this month? Will you go after teh X-Division Title or Tag Titles?
SABIN: My goal will be the World Title

Q: Is it possible the MCMG (Motor City Machine Guns) return later this year?
SABIN: Not possible at all

Q: What have you been doing in this time off?
SABIN: Training, studying, preparing

Q: Which opponents are you most looking forward to competing against once you come back?
SABIN: I don’t discriminate, I’ll beat anyone

29 Responses to “Full Chris Sabin Twitter Q&A Recap Inside Here”

1. soyfenomenal says:

Sabin as WHC…? HA.

2. ViceyThaShizzle says:

No offense to Sabin but I doubt he'll ever be a WHC. Besides the WH title picture is pretty much full at the moment. I say start him off in the x-div (it's not as high flying as it used to be back in the day.) or possibly the TV title picture. Don't know what sort of angle he'll get involved in though.

Also, him saying his style will be better than ever? I doubt that after both his MCLs are FUBAR'd. He'll have to be very careful.

• Philly_Cheese says:

The problem is he's done everything in the x-div there is to do… He's been involved in that division for so long that he's considered one of the originals for the division. It would be like AJ styles or Daniels going for another x-division run.

There are MANY styles of wrestling today that pose very little risk to your MCL, although there's always that risk no matter what. Quite honestly Sabin has always had the talent to be a singles competitor and was incredible in early TNA years with the x-division. Plus being out for so long he has the ability to make a comeback as a babyface against A&8s. They can't do that with AJ (at least not yet) because of the whole no title shot thing.

• MRPC says:

If he is smart then his style will be better/different than before. There is a difference between putting your body on the line in a spot-fest and actually wrestling a smart match where you pick your moments and vary your style depending on character, crowd and match-up.

*Expect to see a submission or two perhaps?

• WARISNAUGHTY says:

I'm sure they said that about CM Punk, Jeff Hardy, Eddie Guerrero, Rey Mysterio and Chris Benoit.

3. Stunner says:

WOW ! I YouTube the motor city machine guns matches those guys were GREAT! Man I wish I would have watched TNA a couple years ago! I missed a lot as it relates to the X- Division and the KOs, That’s how it looked to me. I will give TNA credit their story lines are much better than the other company. I just can’t figure out why they don’t have a storyline for the TV Title as well?

• ariesstormjoe says:

i think its due to tv time. they should try and work it on to tv more regularly. but tv title involves 2 ppl on tv. whereas id say tna have done others to put more talent on tv.

magnus, devon, morgan, ey would be 4 great guys to work the tv title for a few months imo.

• Philly_Cheese says:

You're right, MCMGs were around when TNA was considered the best company for tag team division (dead now). They were around when you had teams like Ink Inc, Team 3D, Beer Money, The British Invasion, Young Bucks, World Elite, etc. Once Hogan came in the tag team division died, and they fell into obscurity.

4. jbcissom says:

I hope Sabin is able to return and remain healthy, but he's got to be smoking some good stuff again if he thinks he's going to be a legitimate HW contender.

5. HolsG says:

World title, wonder how buff he is now then, especially if he's going down a similar road to AJ – Sabin could easily hold the title providing he doesn't get injured

• Philly_Cheese says:

Why in the world does everyone think someone needs to be "buff" or "ripped" in order to run in the HW division?… Lets just name a few ex-champs who were never buff and never will be… Austin Aries, Jeff Hardy, AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, Mick Foley… That's just for TNA's HW… Going further back to NWA title years in TNA… Jeff Jarret, Raven, Christian Cage….

All these wrestlers are about the same size and weight as sabin during his original x-division run, when he used the power game (probably what he's at now). I think TNA has gotten past this idea that you need to be an enormously buff dude in order to be champion.

• HolsG says:

Exactly – during his original run, he wasn't that big when we last saw him and Austin and AJ both bulked up before their hw runs. Baring in mind Sabin is going to have to be able to take on the likes of Ray and he just isn't as hardcore as Austin.
        I also never said enormously buff, i just meant that he will be likely be bigger than when he was in MCMG

• soyfenomenal says:

Austin Aries isn't buff/ripped?? Drunk. Go away.

6. RR_2012 says:

why? the x division at least to me seems to be at an all time low, no offense. I just wish there were more matches with crazy high flying action, the kind that made me fall in love with TNA back in '06. People like him,jay lethal,aj styles,sonjay dutt,alex shelly….etc Please come back and revive it..
    Side note: I just came back to TNA in mid march so my opinion isn't the most accurate so don't hate.

7. tnadude says:

Everybody's goal is to be WHC. At least it should be anyway.

Sabin isn't WHC material. And he's injury prone, so he's probably never going to be. Sorry folks, but it's true. His entire game is centered around a high-flying style that is likely to land him in the hospital. He doesn't have the character to become a "5-move" guy either.

It's unfortunately, but he's going to need Lady Luck on his side (although having Velvet by his side probably makes him feel a bit better for sure).

• Philly_Cheese says:

Um if you read the whole thing… He's changing his wrestling style BECAUSE he knows his previous methods were causing him to be injury prone…

8. whatsup121 says:

can't wait for chris sabin's return hope he can have a better run this time around

9. Tiffanydude says:

I love Sabin, but him in the WHC picture I can't imagine him. We need more X division contenders, TV Title? We have plenty EY, Crimson, Gunner, Devon, Wes Brisco, Garrett, Doc & Knux (Tag Team). I can imagine Sabin as World Heavyweight Champ if he cashes in the X Division Title at Destination X, other than that, nope.

10. TwIsTeD_EnEmY says:

Sabin will feud with Zema Ion (who injured him), which is why they had him pinned last week (out of the x division title picture for now )

11. Warrior_86 says:

If Aries can win the world title, then why can't Sabin? Extremely talented wrestler.

• ViceyThaShizzle says:

Aries has a lot of charisma and a certain swagger of confidence. I don't think Sabin does, sure he can talk on the mic, but that does not equate to innate charisma.

12. TheFurnitureom says:

Sabin vs Roode, continue the storyline!

13. UCEAD11 says:

The return of chris sabin is going to step up the x division even more. I am liking Petey williams back in the flow of things. Give him a little more time to get back up to par. kenny king though, need to drop the xdivision titie to someone more exciting. just saying.

14. Dependant says:

I'm shocked the TNA is finally reviving the x division it was seriously needed.

• KilloWare1996 says:

They still need to get rid of Kenny King and Christian York and put Jessie Godderz, Robbie E, Joey Ryan and Aires in the division to keep it fresh and also add some international stars like Ricochet, Akira Tozawa, Nakuru Doi, BxB Hulk, AR Fox and people like that would be exellent for TNA to improve in diiferent countries with wrestlers that they see now and then.

15. annil8or4321 says:

williams is good hopefully sabin can still compete

16. KilloWare1996 says:

Wasn't Chris Sabin world champ in PWG?