Posted by TNA Wrestling News Staff on Sep 16, 2012
Hulk Hogan Addresses The Status Of Devon & TV Title

Hulk Hogan Addresses The Status Of Devon & TV Title

On Twitter, Hulk Hogan was asked about the status of Devon and the TNA Television Championship. He responded, “I have no idea, I asked Dixie and she said she’s working on it brother.”

Devon is no longer affiliated with TNA Wrestling after his contract expired in late August.

14 Responses to “Hulk Hogan Addresses The Status Of Devon & TV Title”

1. weasel6666 says:

Devon is gone. or is he? Right now we can't take anything for granted, TNA is doing a great job blurring the lines between reality and kayfabe. Just look at Matt Morgan return. Well done TNA.

2. rockinrollinroo says:

i hope dixie sets a tournament to crown a new tv champion. the title was starting to get more interesting when devon was defending it!! if so give it to chavo or daniels or someone worthy!!!

• JeffandJoker says:

CHAVO !!!!

Are you kidding me, He has only been in TNA for a couple weeks !!!! He hasn't earned shit yet !!!!

• tnadude says:

Chavo's been wrestling for almost 20 years and held a variety of belts in a variety of promotions. He's been instantly over with the fans in TNA as well. So yes, I'd say he's earned it.

Just because you've been in TNA for a long time doesn't make you deserving either. You've got to be over with the fans and able to carry a feud properly.

That said, Chavo is not at the top of my list either.

I'd like to see:
        1) Daniels. Good enough to carry the belt, good enough to put over up-and-comers, but not good enough to contend for the WHC.

2) Bully Ray. Give him a run to see how over he gets as a champion. I don't see him in the WHC picture for a while anyway. Could be a stepping stone to bigger things for him.

3) Mr. Anderson… Anderson!

4) AJ – Although I'd rather see him in the WHC picture.

5) An unnamed member from Aces & 8s. Gives them TNA gold to hold hostage. Unless the leader is Aries or Hardy, they won't immediately have the WHC either. I don't see either of those guys leading a biker gang. Just doesn't fit their style.

• Peckar says:

Bully is firmly in the WHC picture, what are you watching?

• tnadude says:

Impact, and you? When was his last WHC match? His last PPV headline? He's a solid upper-mid carder, not a main eventer. I'd like to see that, but I've been watching Impact, and I haven't seen it yet…

• Peckar says:

Indeed, and you read the news on here. A clean win over RVD followed by finishing runner up in the BFG series. If my calculations are correct, technically that makes him ranked 3rd, at least in managements eyes. He was also in the ring last Impact with the champ and number one contender after signing a new two year deal. Did you miss a few weeks?

• tnadude says:

We may have to agree to disagree here. You're not in the WHC picture just because you're in the ring with the people who are battling for the title. You're only in the WHC picture when you have a legitimate opportunity to win the gold – which Bully Ray does not have.

I like Bully. I think they can get him over to the point of making him a WHC, and I think TNA management concurs. But they aren't doing it yet. He's not getting pushed at that level.

IMO – I think that's a good thing for him. I like to see guys get drifted into the WHC picture. It makes them more over with the crowd when they get there, and they are better equipped to handle it.

• Peckar says:

Equipped? I think you are forgetting just how long he has been around. Agree to disagree indeed.

• Peckar says:

Changed your mind yet? lol

3. fazeynwa says:

Tna should keep the TV title.

Without it there isnt much apart from the heavyweight scene.

It will create important n interesting stories n fueds.

Help elavate guys like Magnus.

Strengthen mid-card

Create other fueds

Keep guys like RVD, Mr Anderson, Pope relevant.

Should create a tournament.

Have any some1 like Rvd, Anderson, daniels win it.

Give it first to some1 hu is already big and over as it straight away would make it more important with a champ like RVD or Mr Anderson. Then a strong n fairly lengthly reign.

I wud have RVD win it.

Yes hes passed his best but he is very popular always gets a huge pop n will elavate the title.

Also the fact that he had a great reign with the ECW TV title.

Have him say he will do the same.

Present a New Look Belt.

Add 10 min time limit and 15 min at PPVS.

Others who can win it.

Mr Anderson.

Daniels – Deserves a singles title, links with his ‘face of tna/impact wrestling’ phrase.

Pope- Was awesome n maineventing 2 years ago. He would be great.

F5

• tnadude says:

I agree with most of what you said. I'm not sure about the RVD part though. Might be because I'm not a big fan of his, but I don't see him pushing others over. I also don't see him accepting the lower-tier belt either. Doesn't make me right though. I've never been one of his fans, so I may be tainted…

4. DickTheBruiser says:

Devon in Aces and Eights? It would be awesome if he were the VP, or whatever. Devon is great as a heel.

5. whatsup121 says:

at least since he walked away with the title he didn't jump ship and dump the title in the trash