Posted by TNA Wrestling News Staff on Mar 23, 2013
Hulk Hogan: ‘I Want To Induct Randy Savage To HOF’

Hulk Hogan: ‘I Want To Induct Randy Savage To HOF’

In a newly published interview with Fighting Spirit Magazine, TNA Wrestling Superstar Hulk Hogan discussed his strained relationship with the late “Macho Man” Randy Savage and desire to induct the legendary wrestler into the WWE Hall of Fame.

“I’ve heard all these urban legends about Randy doing something to piss Vince off,” said Hogan. “I’ve heard two or three different stories, and I don’t know if any of those are true, but he deserves to be in the Hall of Fame, and I would love to be the one that inducts him. I’ve got a speech for him ready to go. I just think it’s a must that he’s in the Hall of Fame; he was so influential in this business, especially in the WWF, and in my career.

“You know, he’s the only guy we could pass the belt to, and we wouldn’t lose money. You gave the belt to The Ultimate Warrior – I don’t want to drop a bunch of names – and right away the revenue went down. Give the belt to ‘Macho Man’, and things would stay the same, or get better.”

“For me, it would be cool to induct him. We had a rift for about 10 years, and then right before he passed away, I was getting an EKG, when I hear (mimicking Randy’s voice) ‘Yeah, what’s up, brother?’ And I looked over, and he was there, looking great. I said, ‘Hey Mach, how you doing?’ I shook his hand, and introduced him to my wife, Jennifer. He’s like, ‘Hello lovely lady, how ya doing?’ Jennifer said to him, ‘Oh, Mr. Macho, I’ve heard so much about you. You know, we’ve got three or four lawyers at the house today, so we’re gonna cook up. We’d love to have you over.’ But he just went, ‘I don’t dig lawyers, baby, maybe we could start out with a phone call?’

“I was on a show with Lanny (Poffo, Randy’s brother), Scott Steiner and Kevin Nash in Canada [around the time of Randy’s passing], and Lanny had told me that his mom was depressed because his dad had passed away, and would me and Randy come to see her? We were gonna have a barbecue at Randy’s house for his mom, and surprise her. But midweek, Randy passed away. It was tough because we just started talking after all that bullshit; I was excited to talk to him, he was excited to talk to me, and then he passed away. It was [expletive] up. He was a great human being, too. He had a good heart, man. He was a good person.”

To purchase the issue, click here.

………………………… REMEMBER THIS HULK?!?!

20 Responses to “Hulk Hogan: ‘I Want To Induct Randy Savage To HOF’”

1. DJBIGCG says:

Well hogan, if wwe let's you come back, you should go there and induct savage into the wwe hof

• Jreese78 says:

If WWE lets him come back? lol they kissed his ass to come back last, trust WCW 2.0……..errr WWE i mean would jump at the chance to have him back. Remember hogan left by choice….Besides Vince is more concerned with inducted bums like Mike Tyson and Donald Trump

2. hangers says:

Savage should have been inducted years ago if the WWE HOF had any credibility..

• NotCookz says:

The only problem is, according to Savage's relatives, he'd have wanted the whole Poffo wrestling family to be inducted, and not just Randy on his own.

That doesn't seem to sit too well with Vince.

3. Peckar says:

Of all the people. No Hogan. No you shouldn't induct him, I don't think he would have liked it.

4. Mr_Wrestling_IV says:

It really doesn't matter if Macho gets inducted into Vince's HOF because he's been in the real Professional Wrestling HOF for years. That's the only HOF that matters in this business. You won't find Drew Carey there.

5. powerbomb says:

What’s wrong with Hogan? This man will do anything for attention he is like an attention whore he is sick

6. Mr_Wrestling_IV says:

Yes, the one in NY where Bruno has also been in for a while.

7. 1Risky1 says:

Its true what Jake the snake says that theres alot of people that should't be in the HOF like Drew Carey wtf
    theres alot more wrestlers like Jake and Macho that deserve to be there

• tna24 says:

it a joke that wwe has that idea. it make wwe hall fame meaningless when guys like carey get in.

• tna24 says:

what next snookie going in for her WM match. if anything non wrestlers ill have are mangers, people who work the show like ring announcer etc… and big bad Vince at least his matches were fun to watch.

8. Sturk says:

Hulk's right if we are talking WWE HOF either He should induct macho man or Miss Elizabeth should. Miss Elizabeth is no longer with us so of course Hulk should. But Randy's relatives say he said to not let them induct him unless his brother and father were inducted also. If my brother ever told me that before he died idk if i'd grant his wish. Maybe I would but then again maybe I would want my bro in there lol

9. Bigmike885 says:

1st off..for all of you who do that "the wwe HOF is a joke" bit need to stop. They have a celeb "wing"..they're not saying they've done great things in wrestling, just "hey this celeb was here". Almost all of the guys who are in there as wrestlers deserve to be for the "bruno and savage" argument..they have to accept the invite..neither did, so they didnt induct them. Get over it..2nd..If/when Savage gets in Hogan should NOT induct all..the last thing that Savages legacy needs is for Hogan to overshadow his HOF induction..If anybody let Steamboat induct him …

• tnadude says:

I agree with most of what you said.

But I've got to disagree with you regarding Hogan. Macho Man made a ton of money with Hogan. His name will forever be linked to Hogan's. Without Hogan, Mach Madness would not have reached the heights it did (and vice-versa with Hulkamania).

Having Hogan (the icon) induct him and acknowledge his greatness will only further his legend. Despite the feelings of the IWC, there is no reason to believe Hogan wouldn't make Randy's speech about Randy. He's said extremely kind things about Randy. I'd love to hear Hogan sing Macho's praise. Heck, I may even watch an episode of Raw to see it – no guarantees though 😉

• Bigmike885 says:

My only beef with this is savage stated Many many times that he hated hogan. Why have someone the guy hated induct him?Sent from my iPhone

• Mr_Wrestling_IV says:

They both reconciled just before Randy's untimely death.

• tnadude says:

As always, a thought-provoking question.

I suppose it comes down to whether Hogan's story is accurate. Sans Lanny coming out and saying something, we'll never know.

Assuming Hogan is wrong (or flat out lying), I can't argue with you. But assuming Hogan is right and they patched things up, then it's a different story. It's entirely possible the whole beef was a misunderstanding, as Hogan says and Randy realized it as time went on.

The fact is the only people who know the truth aren't going to tell us. And my personal opinion is that Lanny is trying to use his brother to get into the HOF, so it's not like we can just say to let the family decide who should do it.

It may make sense to let Vince decide. He was there and knows both men as well as anyone. Then again, there's that rumor of Randy & Stephanie too…

10. annil8or4321 says:

he was a truly larger than life persona in the ring as well as out