Posted by TNA Wrestling News Staff on Feb 21, 2013
Hulk Hogan Rips Bret Hart – Details Inside

Hulk Hogan Rips Bret Hart – Details Inside

During a recent interview with Fighting Spirit Magazine (Issue 90), Hulk Hogan stated that Bret Hart drove down the salaries of future WWE champions by agreeing to work for less than everyone else. Here is what he had to say…

“The main-event guy made the most money when he had the belt. When I was the (WWF) champion, I made the most money. It was an old rule that Vince (McMahon) Sr. had that, thank god, was passed on for quite a while. That changed when Bret Hart became champion; he’d work for a lot less than anybody else, so it changed everybody’s pay.

The last time I saw [Bret], he was flying around in my Learjet with me, and playing with my kids in the pool. Then, all of a sudden, we’re not cool.”

17 Responses to “Hulk Hogan Rips Bret Hart – Details Inside”

1. Kyle says:

Yeah! How dare someone take less money to help the company out that he works for, geeze Brett(sarcasm). Hogan yet again showing his true, douchey colors.

• Philly_Cheese says:

The sad part Hogan seems to be implying that by him taking less money made the company believe everyone would be willing to take less money. This is the same idea of those who believe trickle-down-economics… It's an idea that's been proven wrong by every person who's looked into the idea. Just because a company makes more, doesn't mean it's employees will make more. Just because an employee decides to willingly take a pay cut doesn't mean everyone else will too.

• tnadude says:

So the next time we hear that someone in TNA is working for $300 / night, you'll be cool with that, right?

Personally, I don't give a d@mn one way or the other. Bret's deal is Bret's deal. Everyone else's is everyone else's. If the #2 decided he wasn't making enough, he could demand more or leave. If enough people did (or threatened to do) that, Vince would have to pay up.

• Philly_Cheese says:

Quite honestly I'd be congratulating any wrestler who manages to get 300$ a show… Most wrestlers on the Indy circuit are lucky to clear gas money and dinner for the night. I know a lot of indy wrestlers who get a mere 30$ a show, even one who has more talent than some I've seen in WWE, and has been doing it for over a decade and makes 50$ a show if he's lucky.

2. tna24 says:

maybe your not cool anymore, because your doing things like this and how your acting with tna. you went from cool wrestler to power hungry tna guy.

3. mthomashoover says:

No one likes you, Hogan…except the guys riding your coattails. When is he going to get it?

4. tab says:

The newest member of aces and eights is bully ray

5. Treck says:

I love how Hogan plays to the internet sheep. I mean its popular to down him on the internet. And this is coming from me who never cared for Hogan and Bret is one pf my alltime favorite wrestler.

6. locktite says:

Maybe Harts afraid the Yuckster will hit on his wife.

7. Bigmike885 says:

So let me get this straight..When Bret was champ..they WWF was stuggeling..he aggred to take less money to help the company out, yet WCW..took as much as he could even when WCW was sinking..sounds about right.

• Philly_Cheese says:

Yup, noted as one of the big reasons why WCW sank… Wrestlers who proceeded to bleed the company dry, and gave little to nothing back.

8. destroyer_v39 says:

Hogan is an Attention Whore.

9. hangers says:

Lol, yea, what an assh0le Brett was, accepting less money and thinking about the whole locker room rather than himself, sounds like a real prick…

• tnadude says:

Actually, Hogan's point was that Bret wasn't thinking about the rest of the locker room, or he would have demanded more so the rest could make more.

Like I said earlier though – Bret's deal is Bret's business. If Vince Sr. had a dumb rule, the others should have forced Vince Jr.'s hand.

• hangers says:

It depends on the wrestler first and foremost, If rock or stone cold for example wanted more money, they would have got it. WWF the time were, according to Vince, in financial trouble and couldn't pay huge salaries at the time, hence Hogan and others defecting to WCW…
        Hogans basically calling Hart a scab for taking less money but I don't think Brett was a selfish person, he respected the business and his colleagues..

• Philly_Cheese says:

I remember watching a documentary on Bret quite a long time back (when WCW was still around), and remember him saying that Vince asked him if he was willing to take a pay cut, because he couldn't afford to pay him. Of course Bret not wanting to leave WWE out of loyalty, decided to take it, even though he could've moved to WCW and got more.

Also I don't think anyone should be taking financial advice from Hogan… His financial value has dropped steadily every year, just one decade ago (2003) he was worth 10x what he is now… Anyone who goes from being worth 50million to 5million in 10 years isn't a financially smart person.