Posted by TNA Wrestling News Staff on May 23, 2013
Hulk Hogan Says TNA Has Momentum, Talks Health, More

Hulk Hogan Says TNA Has Momentum, Talks Health, More

Hulk Hogan recently spoke to Tampa Bay Online about TNA’s momentum, his health status and more. Here are the highlights…

On TNA’s Momentum: “TNA has the momentum. We’ve been around for 11 years now. We’re focusing on how wrestling should be and not getting caught up in all the soap opera stuff that goes on with other wrestling shows. Between Jeff Hardy, Kurt Angle, Sting and the other top names we’ve got wrestling for us, we’re getting a lot of traction.”

On His Physical Condition: “I had eight back surgeries, both knees and both hips replaced. I had my last knee replacement about 15 weeks ago. Now I’m like the bionic Hogan. I definitely can’t get through an airport without getting patted down. It has just been a time in my life for me to regroup, resurrect, and reinvent the Hulk Hogan character.”

On His Legal Issues: “I can’t really talk about it because there’s legal drama getting ready to go down, but things are definitely moving in the right direction for me, thank God,” Hogan said. “It was a tough time. Nobody expects something to come back to haunt them after six years, but once I had a chance to sit down with my wife and my children and be completely truthful with them, whatever the media said and whoever stabbed me in the back didn’t matter. At the end of the day, I’d say something great has come out of it – my life, and the new people in my life.”

13 Responses to “Hulk Hogan Says TNA Has Momentum, Talks Health, More”

1. mrthefanboy says:

I agree with the first comment Hogan made about TNA being the alternate with stars like AJ Styles,Abyss,Aries,Daniels,and Kazarian and a revamped X divison.

2. soyfenomenal says:

"we've(?) been around for 11 years" shut the fuck up, Hogan.
    & TNA doesn't have any momentum, despite the show being fairly good.
    It's like Pikachu going against Brock's Onix in Pokemon Yellow.
    Either the attacks are not very effective or not effective at all.

• OldManEaston says:

Other than TNA having no momentum, I have absolutely no idea what any of that means.

The last time TNA really had any momentum was…God, about fall of 2006, getting close to a decade ago (which is kind of hard to believe). They had gone from barely squeaking something like .2 ratings on Fox Sports to hovering right around a million viewers on Spike, and were starting to run ppv's and house shows outside Orlando. Then poof….the buzz was gone and It's been pretty stagnant for the most part every since, with a few minor notches here and there matched by losses. it is what it is. They are firmly seated as the very distant number 2 and will likely remain there for the foreseeable future.

• Bigmike885 says:

you sir, have a very disturbing affliction with Pokemon

3. Whatever says:

Tna has story lines that have laughter, comedy, drama, suspense and everything else so sorry Huckster and tna fan boys but TNA is a soap opera. It is what it is

4. soyfenomenal says:

TNa has the momentum of Pikachu when going against Brock's Onix in yellow version. Yeah.

5. POWERBOMB says:

TNA is wasting time with Devon, Hogan, Garett Bischoff, etc. The real momentum will come when TNA focuses on talented wrestlers like Aries, Rood, AJ, and such then they will be the real alternative to the WWE

• Stunner says:

You hit the nail on the head with your comment. I’m starting to get tired of seeing HH cutting another promo and wasting time that other wrestlers could be using to tell the story in the ring. If HH is playing the GM role he should be on the show once every three weeks so it looks as if he has legit things that he has to attend to.

6. annil8or4321 says:

wrestling is a male soap opera, with chair shots to the head

• DirkB says:

We don't get chair shots to the head anymore.

• Whatever says:

The reasons or no more chair shots to the head is cause of concussions. If u want to prolong ur wrestling career instead of retiring at 25 u don’t want to get hit in the head with a medal object. Some bosses actually care about their employees and don’t want to see them end up like Chris Benoit.

7. hangers says:

Not getting caught up with all the soap opera stuff? Umm how about the wedding with your talentless slapper of a daughter and Bully Ray? How about an SOA ripoff being the main creative focus for the past year? I'd say pretty much all the sh!t being shovelled recently is soap opera stuff…