Posted by TNA Wrestling News Staff on Aug 30, 2013
Hulk Hogan: ‘TNA Is #1 Wrestling Company Overseas’

Hulk Hogan: ‘TNA Is #1 Wrestling Company Overseas’

Here is Hulk Hogan appearing on Rover’s Morning Glory radio show. Check out some highlights and the video below:

On his body shrinking: “I’m 6’4 now, I used to be a lot, lot, taller. I actually did [shrink]. When I was 27 years old, I was 6’7 on the nose. After 35 years of jumping up and landing on my tailbone doing the legdrop, and nine back surgeries, and two hip replacements, and two knee replacements, I’m now 6’4 1/2.”

On TNA’s success overseas: “The company I’m with, Impact Wrestling, they’re the number one company overseas. All through Europe and Australia, the numbers are crazy and we’re pushing really hard here in the States.”

On changes in the business: “What I’ve noticed mostly is things move so fast, the universe is getting so big. There are so many choices with satellite, cable, reality TV, social media, people switch gears so much that things have to move faster. Like if you and I were to start an argument right now, [in the past] we’d probably wrestle a year from now and blow the thing off. Well now, if we start an argument we’ll probably wrestle by the end of the hour. You have to most faster, it’s just the business has changed.”

On doing steroids early in his career: “It was kind of a wave of what was the correct thing to do at the time. [In the] ’70s, 80’s, doctors would write you a prescription for a steroid, where every sport in the world was doing it and the mindset was, ‘it was safer than taking sugar.’ Well, everybody’s been re-educated. Steroids are for injuries and certain medical uses, but not for bulking up and enhancing athletic ability. So, I think the mindset changed around ’90 when it became illegal… There was an era when the steroids were predominant in every single sport across the board, but now I think even though it’s prevalent, it’s not as inundated as it was back then. I think you can pull out isolated incidences in any sport and point people out.”

On his relationship with WWE: “On a personal level I’m friends with them, but on a business level, I’m the bitter enemy [joking]. I’m not the enemy, we don’t compete with the other company because they are a totally different entity. They’re a PG company, we’re pretty aggressive. It’s not like we want wrestling how it used to be, but wrestling how it should be [with] a lot of physicality and back to the bare necessities of what this business is about. So we’re really not competing, but on a business level we’re not on the same team, that’s for sure. But on a personal level, I’m friends with everybody.”

20 Responses to “Hulk Hogan: ‘TNA Is #1 Wrestling Company Overseas’”

1. TheMiwyun says:

midget hogen

2. jbcissom says:

Holy sh!t… Hogan actually mentioned TNA (Impact! Wrestling).

• godoftna says:

And yet he did it by saying the "company I'm with" making the inference that they are #1 overseas because of his involvement.

• IHNSAIN says:

dude rad bk wat u said and then face palm ur self at wat point did he say its cause he is with them all he said was he is with them and there number one over seas he took no credit wat so ever

3. godoftna says:

My problem with Hogan's statement about the business needing to be faster now is that it takes away any kind of build up for really big matches. There can be your quick "I don't like so and so, so we're gonna fight to***ht" matches, but for the big payoff there can't be a quick one and done job. The build up to Sting vs Hogan at Starrcade 97 was the biggest of all time. 18 months in the making. Problem was that it had such a weak and unsatisfying payoff to it. If you give things time to build, and then execute it properly and actually give the fans what they wanted to see, what they've waited to see, then they won't mind having to wait for it so much. When you botch the whole thing at the finish line is when fans get irate and feel like they waited for nothing.

• IHNSAIN says:

aces and eights is a draged on story line
      he was not saying they need to be faster he was meaning from argument to fight is how it goes now rather than argue for months and then fight does not mean he wants argue fight story done

4. Leg Drop Jobber says:

Go home, Brother. You've done nothing to improve TNA, Jack.

• nwoforlife says:

maybe you should watch the show he improved it in one day he got rid of the circus ring put a real one in he got them out of the impact zone and on the road tna will grow slow but will grow and no ware in his contract says he has to say tna every other word NEXT almost forgot BROTHER

• ricky_No1 says:

TNA would be on the road with or without Hogan. As always he takes credit for the work of other people. He and bitchoff have done ZERO for TNA or any other promotion they worked for.

• toddmikki says:

I doubt tna would still be on national tv by now if it wasn’t for Hogan and Bischoff, be honest with yourself bro. They made wcw the greatest wrestling company ever! And no there not the reason wcw is gone!

• Bigmike885 says:

actually…they are a main reason WCW is gone. I know your argument about TW and how they didn't want wrestling, but if it was still pulling numbers they would have kept it. Hogan (along with Bichoff, nash and russo) all had a hand in crushing talent that was coming up (Beniot, Eddie, Jericho ect). Which made it so they same people were on top for years and years. They were the best company for 2 years..thats it. And funny how he wants to speed up story lines, when he was involved in the Sting/NWO storyline then went for a year…

• ricky_No1 says:

Did you read my comment? I never said they are the reason WCW is gone but on that matter they most certainly helped in its downfall to some degree.

• Leg Drop Jobber says:

Use a period and comma now and then. No way to take gibberish seriously.

• Leg Drop Jobber says:

I've been watching Impact since it debuted years ago. It's better days are definitely in the past. BROTHER. Blow me, JACK.

5. 1Risky1 says:

Rover’s Morning Glory radio show, really enjoyed that interview cool and funny dj

6. whatsup121 says:

at least he mentioned TNA

7. Dante_Cross says:

Even Hogan is confused about the brand. The company he is with isn't Impact Wrestling, it's TNA. WWE wrestlers aren't with RAW or Smackdown, they are with WWE.

8. RavenNevermore says:

The problem with steady paced storylines are most wrestling fans have no patience like the fans did in the 90s and even 80s

9. Real Deal Heel says:

Hogan is in TNA? Hogan mentioned TNA? Wow. Those $3 million yearly are paying off.

How in the fuck is Hogan in TNA and NEVER mentioning them? Does he give a shit? NOPE.

10. hangers says:

Um, is he delusional? Im from Australia, WWE sells out arenas with a +1 mill gate per show, TNA cancelled a tour years ago when Hogan joined due to poor ticket sales. The mans a snake oil salesman and the sooner he and Bischoff are gone from TNA the better..