Posted by TNA Wrestling News Staff on Apr 9, 2013
Is Edge Concerned For Kurt Angle’s Health?

Is Edge Concerned For Kurt Angle’s Health?

Kurt Angle posted the following on Twitter, discussing that Edge has shown concern for him and his neck…

So Edge Is Concerned About My Neck. Edge Had fusion. I did not. His Career Ended. Mine Didnt.

Edge Should Have Listened to Me and Had My Surgery. He Would Still Be Wrestling. like Me. My Neck Is 100 Percent fine. Speak 4 Yourself …

And to My Longtime friend, Edge, May GOD Bless You.

I Love Edge. Always Will. We’re Cool.

18 Responses to “Is Edge Concerned For Kurt Angle’s Health?”

1. Tiffanydude says:

I'm kinda 50/50 about his Tweet, it kinda sounds negative but the ending kinda sound sincere, idk anymore…….

2. OldManEaston says:

There are some that would say Angle shouldn't be wrestling, fusion or no fusion. Really, any contact activity like wrestling, is a high risk for someone with such long documented neck issues as Angle. Any stenosis, degenerative, or arthritic conditions pose a high risk. There is just no way Angle is 100%. The technology is just not that advanced yet. Ask anyone with neck or back problems and we will tell you it is a lifelong thing. I think Edge was incredibly wise to retire when he did. Angle not so much. My line of thinking is why would you want to trade in 10 years of health for possible re injury and lifelong disability after wrestling is inevitably over? He is a grown man though, and he can make his own decisions.

• Tiffanydude says:

I think Angle is afraid and denying the fact that his neck and body are wearing down and if someone as young as Edge is forced to retire due to injury, that can make such an impact on a person's psychi.

3. annil8or4321 says:

he seemed kind of stand offish about the whole thing

4. hangers says:

Kurt's still in great shape and that's pretty much the point he was making..

• Bigmike885 says:

"in shape" and healthy are two different things..Kurt manages his pain with pills and booze and wont be able to walk when he's older..Edge did the smart thing and walked away before something horriable happened.

• hangers says:

Unless we walk in his shoes it's a big call regarding his pain management but unfortunately a large majority of wrestlers manage things this way.

Kurt is still performing at a high level and until he can no longer bring it he'll still be one of the main men in TNA at least for a few more years..

5. josieamy says:

I think he was sincere, just poor wording

6. whatsup121 says:

wow sounds like edge is just concerned about angle

7. TheFurnitureom says:

I think he's hurt that Edge is 'worried' for him. Might want to question if Edge is sincere and not doing the whole 'if I cant wrestle, nobody else can'. When Kurt left WWE, WWE and it's universe tried heavily to pin Angle as a sick man in his last days – look at where we are today fanboys, those same WWE fanboys are now asking Angle to do a retirement year in their 'federation'.

• Bigmike885 says:

Well considering Edge isn't involved with WWE anymore I doubt that

• Jack_Flagrant says:

Are we certain that he is not? Television series "Haven" bills him as "WWE Superstar Edge".

Nonetheless, no one, with the exception of Angle or Edge, can answer the assumptions made throughout this thread.