Posted by TNA Wrestling News Staff on Sep 16, 2013
Is Matt Morgan Open To A TNA Return?, Details

Is Matt Morgan Open To A TNA Return?, Details

Matt Morgan recently spoke with Between the Ropes and said he’s open to a potential TNA return.

When asked if he would consider going back, Morgan said, “Definitely if the timing is right. Timing is everything in this sport. I’ve always said that and it’s the truth. But I do not want to go back somewhere where it’s business as usual and let’s do the start – stop stuff again. It’s got to be full guns blazing, let’s do this thing. You’ve got a seven-foot, 330-pound steroid-free monster that is the most durable thing there is right now. Please tell of someone who is my size and hasn’t had an injury in ten years. I’ve never missed time for anything. That being said, let’s go. Let’s just come out of the gates blasting.”

He also said that he’s aware of what’s coming for him, saying, “I’ll put it to you this way without saying too much. I know exactly what I’ll be doing and where I’ll be heading and when I’ll be doing that.”

20 Responses to “Is Matt Morgan Open To A TNA Return?, Details”

1. Tiffanydude says:

Even though TNA messed him up not once but twice he's still considering going back, I don't know if he's dumb or just really loves or has a ton in faith in TNA.

• andy3323 says:

I don't know how much it was TNA messing up as it was his lack of character and wrestling moves, to be honest.

I was pulling for him to 'click' on his second shot at getting things going, and while he was slightly better, he just can't seem to get over real well. It's almost like he needs to stay off of the mic and be either in a stable as muscle, a body guard like Sid and Diesel were for Shawn Michaels back in the day, something different for him.

• Tiffanydude says:

I agree, I think he needs a Father James Mitchell or Bobby "The Brain" Heenan or Mouth of the South type of manager because he can improve his moveset but Mic skills is a whole different ball park. Guys like Rubix or Abyss (Before he talked) were awesome but once they start talking their character just seems as cool.

• Philly_Cheese says:

I agree with you here, some of the coolest wrestlers had a manager speak for them. The thing is also he's been misused continuously by creative. If they simply brought Morgan back and had him stomp over some bigger names in the company, and had him managed by somebody he'd do fine. When they initially brought him in as the "body guard" of Jim; I thought that's what they planned to do with him but it went no where.

• jbcissom says:

1) WWE doesn't want him.
      2) RoH can't/won't pay what TNA will.
      3) Same goes for all the Mexican and Japanese promotions (at least without him relocating on a semi-permanent basis).
      4) I believe he's been mis-used by creative/management. HH has been brutal, but he could have actually added to TNA through a program involving Morgan… that TNA just didn't drop the ball, they didn't want to be within a one mile radius of.

• Mr. Excitement says:

Or could be interested in returning if the WWE doesn't sign him.

• Philly_Cheese says:

Some people simply work for a particular company because they're happy wrestling, and because the company treats them fairly well. Truthfully TNA seemed to treat Morgan extremely well for years despite being misused.

2. Leg Drop Jobber says:

Matt Morgan could be really awesome, but he always seems to be missing that "something." Whether it be in promos, or ring performance, the guy is in serious need of some fine tuning.

• jbcissom says:

I actually loved the direction they were heading with between him and Hogan (an actual positive aspect for HH). I'm guessing hell froze over, because TNA didn't want anything to do with it, it seems.

• Leg Drop Jobber says:

It seems like that was always the story for Morgan.

• Philly_Cheese says:

I like where it was going initially with him coming in randomly and footprinting people. Personally I think they could've done far more with that than what they did. If they simply had it where he appeared to be ignored continually and denied a contract and had him get more and more violent he would've gotten over.

• ricky_No1 says:

Morgan will never ever be over. Hes sooooooo boring

• Leg Drop Jobber says:

Maybe the "days of the giant" are dead in pro wrestling. I mean, this is the one giant and people find the guy boring. He tends to stumble over his own words at times, as well.

3. Euphoria says:

Ovw there is where he belongs till he can learn that just being as tall as he is . Does not mean greatness

4. Cezar_TheScribe says:

Morgan should go to New Japan Pro Wrestling, if he's not coming back to TNA any time soon.

Morgan toured with New Japan Pro Wrestling in late 2005.

5. Real Deal Heel says:

I dunno. I liked the guy as a wrestler, his look, and mic skills in TNA. In WWE he was a trainwreck. I think they misused him as he's pretty bright, def has a look, and wrestled pretty deece. I never understood why he didn't get a bigger push.

6. JoeWrestling says:

We all know what he wants. He wants to be champion of something other than Ring Ka King. However, if he was so valuable as he states then WWE would be dying to get him. Plus, he's been on TNA plenty of times and proved he wasn't of great value, no matter whose fault that was. So he is unfortunately at the mercy of the business if he wants to participate. I guarantee you won't see someone like AJ Styles sitting at home crying, drinking beers and riding motorcycles.. oh wait.. but AJ will at least put the company on his back one more time, even if the internet "journalists" will crap on it. It's been long proven that WWE is not going to outbid them for these guys and honestly they couldn't stop WWE if they wanted to outbid whatever they offered them anyway.

7. tnadude says:

I'll pass, thanks. He's essentially a 7' tall, 330lb cry baby. Sorry guys – but it's true. As soon as he doesn't get what he wants, he takes his toys and goes home.

Then, when he realizes he doesn't have anybody to play with, he goes back to the playground and wants to play. But he doesn't want to play – he wants to be the team captain. And when he doesn't get it, he takes his toys and goes home again.

His career reminds me of the "If you give a cat a cupcake" books I read to my little girls.

Matt – you may be 7', 330lbs, but you still need to grow up. I wouldn't trust you to stick it out in my organization, and I doubt TNA or WWE will either.

8. godoftna says:

Morgan was definitely wasted in his time with TNA. He had a lot of momentum when he was battling Jeff Hardy for the World title a couple of years back, but then he just dropped off the radar entirely and never really made any kind of mark again after that.