Posted by TNA Wrestling News Staff on Apr 1, 2013
Is Petey Williams Back With TNA Full-Time?, Details

Is Petey Williams Back With TNA Full-Time?, Details

During the Clash Wrestling event over the weekend, Petey Williams lost a “title vs. career” match. Following the match, Williams announced to the live crowd that he had signed a new TNA deal and will be returning to the company full time. Williams worked some of the recent One Night Only PPV tapings, which is what led him to being re-signed.

Ranjit Cahal sent this one along: Hey Ryan, Thought I’d pass this long. If you watched Impact Wrestling this week, you already know that Petey Williams will be making his return to the company. However, it now appears that he has signed a long term deal with TNA, as the former X division champion has closed up his stint on the independent wrestling circuit. Also, “The Canadian Destroyer” Petey Williams competed in what was labeled as his last match in Clash Wrestling after losing a Title vs Career Match.

24 Responses to “Is Petey Williams Back With TNA Full-Time?, Details”

1. Mr_Wrestling_IV says:

Sweet!

2. tna24 says:

sweet i love the guy

3. Tiffanydude says:

YES! YES! YES! Maple Leaf Muscle is back!!!!! 😀

4. Philly_Cheese says:

Finally! Welcome back Petey

5. Winfred says:

Glad to see him back and returned in my State Arkansas

6. soyfenomenal says:

OMFG THIS IS THE GREATEST NEWS I HAVE HEARD IN MY LIFE.
    Now just sign Rubix, Sonjay Dutt, Jimmy Rave, and Jack Evans.

• jbcissom says:

isn't jack evans still with one of the Mexican organizations? I know that was the hold up with him last time.

• Tiffanydude says:

Whatever happened to El Zorro? Last time I remember it had to do with Passport or something like that.

• El_Chivo says:

El Zorro is still with AAA like Evans but is now under the Parka Negra gimmick but Zorro would of been a better fit in a tag team or heavy weight he is more of a well rounded guy he didnt fly much.

• JoeWrestling says:

Jimmy Rave? isn't he still with ROH?

7. Peckar says:

After a couple of years of whinging. Finally, Petey has come back to TNA!

8. Leg Drop Jobber says:

Best finisher in pro wrestling, PERIOD. Glad to see this bad ass back with TNA. I seriously hope the X Division can make a come back, full scale.

• DirkB says:

The Destroyer, shown from the right angle, is jaw-dropping, when I first saw it I had to hit rewind and watch it about 20 times just to take in what I was seeing.

9. DirkB says:

I marked out when I saw it was Petey on Impact, that's pretty rare for me, he got a decent pop from the crowd too, it'll be interesting to hear the reaction he gets when he comes to the ring.

I was fuming when they released him, but they did give him a decent send-off considering. I hope it gets mentioned that Roode and Storm cost him his job last time.

10. purpleurkel says:

They could do half the Impact show X-division and rating would skyrocket. I will take Petey vs Sonjay anyday over other matches. I would mark out also Dirk.
    Mason A., Rubix, Zema, Rashad Cameron, Kenny, etc…hell even Lars Only is more entertaining than an Aces & 8s filler match

• Leg Drop Jobber says:

TNA and other promotions need to realize the era of the super heavyweights is over. The current and future fan wants to see something new and intense, that the X Division and smaller guys (for the most part) bring to the table. I agree the ratings would increase if they were to bring more focus to the X Division and the ACTION in general.

• Steelematic says:

The ratings wont increase. Tna was all x division n it almost got shutdown. Like it or not hogan n bitchoff ot pll watching. Because of older guys/legends. Now that we have the worls attention, its time to bring back the human highlight film known as tje xdivision

11. Pippin0490 says:

YES!!!! Best news I've heard for a while! Fantastic!!!

12. ToledoDavid says:

Welcome Back, Petey!!!!!! Now, we need Alex and Chris…

13. Stunner says:

Looks to be a great re addition I just looked at some of his matches on YouTube ! The X-Division is getting stronger. I like Rashead Cameron, SONJAY, rubix three that would give the X-Division more fire power.

14. Treck says:

So happy!

15. Mr. Excitement says:

I loved the Canadian Destroyer finishing move.

16. Get_Carter says:

Great news! I can't wait to see the Canadian Destroyer put on Zima Ion and his hair.