Posted by TNA Wrestling News Staff on Jun 27, 2013
Is Taz Jumping Ship To WWE?

Is Taz Jumping Ship To WWE?

Take this as pure speculation, but a now-deleted Tweet by Taz has raised speculation that he may be jumping ship to WWE. The TNA announcer posted the following to Twitter today:

“Couple of big wrestling shows in my “hometown” of Brooklyn! #RedHookNearBarclay”

The tweet is no longer present on his account. WWE is taping RAW in the Barclays Center on July 15th, their first RAW in the venue. Sources within TNA have confirmed that Taz’s contract with the company is set to expire in a couple of weeks and while TNA is running a Brooklyn show on July 5th, it is not in the Barclays Center but rather MCU Field, which Taz made no reference to.

UPDATED: According to sources, Taz’s contract could be ending earlier than believed, with a source noting that his final contracted appearance could happen as soon as Saturday’s iMPACT! Wrestling taping. That taping is for the episodes on July 4th and July 11th.

More as we get it. I can’t stress this enough – THIS IS NOT CONFIRMED AND IS ONLY RUMOR/SPECULATION!! Stay tuned!

59 Responses to “Is Taz Jumping Ship To WWE?”

1. Mr. Excitement says:

I'd be happy with it. Never been a fan of his commentary.

2. tna24 says:

if he doesnt come back, then bring fing don west back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but why would wwe want him? they have good announcers already

• Bigmike885 says:

don west left to be the gm of a minor league hockey team (I think it was hockey anyway)..doubt hes coming back

• Mr. Excitement says:

Don West was great as a heel commentator. I think he'd be great replacing Taz as the Aces & Eights commentator.

3. JoshuaTNA says:

He could just be going to watch the show as an audience member, There's not enough evidence to speculate that he maybe leaving TNA. Plus he's the voice of Aces & Eights and I don't think TNA would risk losing him. honestly I wouldn't miss him if he decided to leave.

4. soyfenomenal says:

5. DiamondChampion says:

Taz is ok, but lets just say that TNA picks up Matt Striker. Then they'll have 2 "professors" on the announce table. That was a joke btw.

*bring back Keneley!*

6. Btskz210 says:

Haha we could care less, real TNA fans want Don West back, hes a better commentary than Taz just saying

• kevinroulette says:

yes your right I want Don West back. he was the best . Or Tony Schiavone wouldnt be bad .

• scenxad says:

schiavone never gets the respect he deserves, great announcer,doubt it would ever happen, but nice to see someone mention him

• Tiffanydude says:

That would be awesome, I really miss Don but at least he left on good terms (or aleast I think) also I wouldn't care if this would "Strengthen" "TNA=WCW" thing I always loved listening to Schiavone whenever I look up WCW matches or play WCW Mayhem :)

• Get_Carter says:

I agree but back in the day I was in the minority. Most people raked Don West over the coals every chance they got. Revisionist's memory on how good he was or just a case of "you don't know what you've got until it's gone"? Regardless, Don West is under contract at his hockey job and isn't coming back to TNA.

7. IMPACT Dude says:

yeah Bring back Todd,

8. Stunner says:

I love TAZ one liners they are funny as all get out to me. This is my opinion it makes the match more enjoyable to watch. I for one would miss TAZ and I hope he stays with TNA!

9. jbcissom says:

I'm indifferent on Taz. But TNA needs a heel announcer. The recently fired Matt Striker could fit that bill, but he's an "intellectual" mark… not a ruffian… and that is what TNA needs at the moment.

• UCEAD11 says:

I agree with this one. If aces and 8's were to turn on taz with the intro of striker as a patch in …..that would be how id transition him in.

• tnadude says:

Not sure why peope want Taz replaced by Keneley or Striker. Aren't they actually Tenay replacements? The booth needs a loud-mouth to replace Taz. Then they can ALSO replace Tenay with one of those guys.

I'd love to see them somehow steal Steve Corino. Yeah, he's in ROH, but he does a fantastic job of selling the heels. Taz would be well-advised to study his work.

10. toddmikki says:

He said NEAR Barclay, not at Barclay. Couldn’t this mean TNAS 2 events in New York, and could have possibly been trying to gain NY wwe fans to come to the shows, by mentioning its near where wwe is going to be at?

11. andy3323 says:

I refuse to comment on a pure speculation….oh, wait I just did…..ah, crap!

12. DJBIGCG says:

It's really something when cats like rvd and taz come to tna, the tna marks chant tna as loud as they can. But when those cats want to go back to wwe, those same people who were chanting tna, are now saying, they didn't want them in tna anyway

• Get_Carter says:

• Bigmike885 says:

that's how these guys roll man..if it benefits TNA..they're ALL for it, but if they're going to'll be interesting to see what they all say when Angle goes back..

• tnadude says:

Dude. It's a TNA site. What do you expect? If your tired of reading it – don't. At least, that was your advise to me when I complained about all of the BVD posts a couple of weeks ago…

As for Angle – yes – he'll go back. And good fo him. He deserves to go out in a Wrestlemania. I won't buy it, of course. But why hate on him? I'd do the same if I were him.

• Bigmike885 says:

See. I come here excuse I like Tna. I also like wwe and I'm not blinded by Tna bias. But what I said is true. I gaurentee that if I go back into the archives and find the story of rvd coming to Tna all those who say “I never liked him” or “I'm glad he's gone” all had Internet boners when he signed to work TnaSent from my iPhone

• TheFurnitureom says:

That's because as TNA fans we need WWE stars to put some effort and love into TNA and not just come to TNA for a big cheque. (Taz has actually been one of the good guys whose helped TNA)

Additionally it's because TNA fans accept that the product is evolving and want new stars to come in – additionally we understand that TNA doesnt have the financial power and reckless ability to pay high wages to everyone, so sometimes its nice when a character who has completed his cycle decides to leave, so that more cash is opened up for other ventures.

• Mr_Wrestling_IV says:

It goes the other way too. WWE fan boys were laughing when Ric Flair & Mick Foley were in the ring at TNA. As soon as they show up on RAW they get a boner.

• stocksharkbite says:

So true it goes both ways.

• Bigmike885 says:

part of that though was because Flair and Foley haven't wrestled when they went back to WWE….id be laughing if either of them actually wrestled in WWE now..TNA gave Foley their title and had Flair wrestling frequently

• Mr_Wrestling_IV says:

Flair did on RAW what he was doing in TNA, going ballistic. When it was done in TNA the WWE fanboys were laughing at that. When he returned to RAW he did the same thing in the ring with Miz & got a huge pop. That's what I was talking about.

• Bigmike885 says:

I personally only bad mouthed flair for wrestling. I had no problem with him doing his “crazy” thing.Sent from my iPhone

• sidney86 says:

Yeah, because WWE fans would never do that eh? When RVD left people were saying he was washed up and a reject, now he's going back the same people are creaming their pants and acting as if it's the best thing ever. With RVD in TNA the same guy who came in is different to the one who left. He lost something and now, unfortunately, wont be missed.

• soyfenomenal says:

Who the fuck chanted "TNA" for either of them? I only heard ECW. Both of them are worthless to TNA.

13. KilloWare1996 says:

TNA could pick up Excalibur and Kevin Steen as Commentators or maybe even Chuck Taylor because all of them are quite good at commentary.

14. hangers says:

I sure hope so!!

15. DJBIGCG says:

You know, I remember when the Dudley boyz gave hints that they were coming back to wwe when they're tna contracts were up, but they chose to stay in tna. Taz may do the same thing, but let's just wait and see what happens

16. HolsG says:

Kind of ironic/odd that they just got rid of Todd though…
    Bring back DW!!!!! His Suicide conspiracy had me crying!

17. Mr_Wrestling_IV says:

I'd like to see DDP as a commentator.

18. genetic_mistake says:

Never been a fan of any of the TNA announcers, in my opinion that has always been their weakness as a brand. Tenay has the play-by-play knowledge, but he can't sell his emotional involvement and he can't hide his color commentators weakness' enough to make it an enjoyable listening experience.

I think as long a any of the Hogans do not step into commentary, it can be an upgrade. Maybe let Sting have the chair. They can run a Main Event Mafia vs Aces & Eights match for the spot, and that gives Taz a story exit too. Then Sting can really play Godfather from "behind the scenes", and still be involved in story lines.

That… or let Garrett take over for his dad's old job. He'll get good exposure, and hopefully learn and grow on the mic.

19. DigestivBiscuit says:

Todd was a pretty good announcer too.

20. TNA_fan says:

If the rumors is real, I could see Tazz as one of "Paul Haymen's guys" where he brings ex ECW wrestling along with some new faces maybe The Shield vs the "WWE guy's" who knows..

• OldManEaston says:

If Paul E is getting more creative input on RAW, like was reported, he would never agree to put an old washed up guy who has spent the last decade of his career playing a corny comedy announcer, as an associate of a group of bad asses like Lesnar, the Shield or the Wyatt's. Paul E knows wrestling psychology, and he knows momentum and getting characters over and Taz has nothing to offer at this point. Only TNA falsely see's Taz as someone who would add anything to their monsters.

21. whatsup121 says:

Taz is hilarious cause of all the

Stupid sh&t he says that makes

No sense like when he said

“Getting kicked by Rob Van Dam

Is like getting kicked by something

That hurts”

22. JoeWrestling says:

If someone goes to WWE it's jumping? If the contact is up, who says TNA is renewing? I don't even think WWE wants him to be fair. Striker is kind of annoying, but possible he could bring more than Taz.

23. tnarulzdude says:

like i said in the past i like both taz and don west and tenay on pbp.taz don west could better than comical togheter and for period of time in a storyline they could divide them for hating each other ; it could west first hour taz second one