Posted by TNA Wrestling News Staff on Oct 23, 2013
Is TNA’s Six-Sided Ring Returning?, Details

Is TNA’s Six-Sided Ring Returning?, Details

A seating chart for a future TNA show at the Kansas Expocenter shows a six-sided ring, which has many thinking that the company may bring it back in the future. The show isn’t happening until September 2015, and there aren’t any other reports suggesting the ring will return.

This looks like a simple mistake.

18 Responses to “Is TNA’s Six-Sided Ring Returning?, Details”

1. jbcissom says:

What gave you a clue that it was a mistake?

The six-sided ring? Or the fact that this show is for another 2 years… 2015!!!!

2. mrthefanboy says:

Good because the six sided ring suck and was pointless except for AJ hitting his forearm from any side and Monty Brown hitting the pounce from many side.

3. tna24 says:

so were talking about a future show? didnt know tna book that far ahead. i would be more happy if tna was thinking of doing this in the near future

4. Euphoria says:

Six sides . Four sided either way it will be all good with me

5. fritiz1 says:

A lot of multi purpose venues have a limited number of event layouts they use for seating charts. Most likely they are just using an existing seating chart from a previous MMA event since seating would be the same.

6. Sturk says:

I hate when ppl act like the 6 sided ring made TNA. What made tna was GOOD WRESTLING. TNA didnt originally have a 6 sided ring but what they did have is good wrestling. 6 sided ring came a bit later. It added to the uniqueness that was TNA but it did not make it. I wouldnt mind seeing it on special shows tho

• Luchador says:

exactly and I wouldn't mind seen the 6 sided ring only at the Destination X ppv

• OldManEaston says:

Yeah I can't ever remember the six sided ring in Nashville and that is when TNA had some of it's best moments before the best moment which is probably the Unbreakable 3 way which was six sided. I believe it was introduced when they went to Universal Studios, but I could be wrong.

The only thing I really miss about the six sided ring is the six sides of steel. That was a pretty good gimmick concept they way they built it as having less give than a normal cage. You wouldn't have ever seen moments like the infamous cage walk without it.

• Sturk says:

Right. TNA fan sense day one.. scratch that.. wrestling fan sense I could talk. All these wrestling companies sprang up after WCW and TNA being one of them. World Wrestling All Stars was my fav, it went under and then TNA came out of that with Jarrett. I had TNA very first ppv and I still have it recorded. 4 sides. Great matches and great storylines. Russo was pretty good around this time. TNA was so different. 6 sides didnt make TNA. See most fans only know 6 sides because they probably couldnt buy the ppv's to see TNA before that. 6 sides came with Fox sports. I am a fan of 6 sides and what it brings in a sense. But now that it is gone, hey it can stay gone. Its ultimately no big deal. But I wouldnt mind seeing 6 sides of steel on destination x. TNA no longer wrestles that high spot x division style that would warrent 6 sides anways.

• Sturk says:

PPL act like they don't notice the difference in TNA wrestling style these days. Its NOT like it used to be. X division guys rarely do high flying these days etc. TNA is NOTHING like it used to be. Not to say thats bad or good but i'm just saying why bring 6 sides back when the product is not the 6 sides type of product. Would be stupid to bring it back full time.

• tna24 says:

maybe things will change if they bring the old ring back and lose the ramp that takes space away from them.

• jbcissom says:

Regardless of what ring they use, that ramp needs to go. It's a huge eyesore.

• Sturk says:

I'm a fan of the ramp. I've loved it since WCW back in the days. Always made the wrestlers seem larger than life above the people. I think it would be better suited for WWE since they have high quality entrances. I wouldnt mind TNA uses the ramp way for the ppv's only and not using it for impact. Ultimately there is a soft spot in my heart for the ramp way. Reminds me of my good ol kid days watching World Championship Wrestling.

• OldManEaston says:

TNA is Nothing at all like it used to be. I have always been a pay per view / live event kind of guy, who more or less just watches weekly tv because it is almost required to keep up with the product. It is not something I take a lot of enjoyment in though, so thank God for DVR, is all I am saying. DVR helps.

That being said, I have to almost force myself to watch the PPV's now. The biggest difference in TNA today and TNA when it was really good, is something that most people don't seem to understand today, probably like you said, because they didn't see what it used to be and they can't relate to it.

The difference is that the PPV's used to be the strength of old TNA and now they are not. A lot of times they are absolute snooze fests. This recent Bound For Glory didn't feel as special as ANY of the ppvs TNA used to run in their old format, and that pretty much is a rule of thumb now. Gone are the days that TNA blew the roof off each and every month because literally almost everyone from top to bottom on the card was allowed to go out there and really try to steal the show, and more importantly WANTED TO! Someone always did too, and it wasn't just a handful of guys you could count on to do it, it was almost everyone. Every TNA pay per view from the weekly format up to around 2006 or so did it consistently. 2007 through 2008 were kind of boring years, 2009 had some promise, but since 2010 it has been a noticeable change in the quality of the ppvs. A change for the worse. Most of them feel like throwaway WCW ppv's now.

7. tna24 says:

yes wrestling made tna what tna is today, but the 6 sided ring played a big part in tna since it was around from 2004 till hogan came in 2010. the reason tna had that ring, is because they wanted to be different. that what it did. also miss the 2 sided entrance that was cool

• Luis says:

If they can keep Lockdown as Six Sides of Steel like it originally was it would be kool but I have to say Ultimate X matches are better on a traditional ring.

8. nwoforlife says:

6sided circus ring hell no we don't want that

9. june19th2002 says:

The six sided ring didnt make tna is correct

But what it did was give it

Its freaking identity sturk

And settles it your a wcw fag.

And you probly dont no better

But your an idiot

Just like all the stupid fucks on here you probly aint start watching tna till that faget hogan got here

So with that being said havr a nice day num nuts #read_the-name

Fuckin peoplr dont know what your talking about.