Posted by TNA Wrestling News Staff on Jan 20, 2013
Jeff Hardy: ‘I Loved Working With CM Punk’ (Must-Read)

Jeff Hardy: ‘I Loved Working With CM Punk’ (Must-Read)

Jeff Hardy recently spoke with about his expectations for himself in the coming year, working with CM Punk and more. Check out the highlights:

On which wrestlers inspired his early wrestling persona: “More than anybody I would have to say Sting and Ultimate Warrior combined with Sting’s charisma and the Ultimate Warrior’s insanity, those two combined just pretty much inspired me back in the day to paint my face and act strange, so I would have to put down a lot of what you see in Jeff Hardy today down to those two.”

On working with Edge, Christian and the Dudley Boyz in TLC matches: “They are legendary matches, I had a ladder match against Austin Aries at one of our recent PPV’s Turning Point which was huge. But before going into that match I actually watched some of those TLC matches and the ladder matches that I’ve had with The Undertaker, Edge and CM Punk. Whilst watching them back I was just thinking, “oh my god these are so memorable,” we have done so much it is kind of hard to stay creative, fresh and new. But anytime I go back and watch those TLC matches I always think how magical they were to be a part of and they always will be, fans will talk about those matches for decades to come.”

On his expectations for himself in 2013: “Hopefully to remain the world champion for as long as I can, even before the start of 2012 I set a goal for myself just to have a tremendous year and it went well beyond my expectations. I’m setting another goal for myself for 2013 and that is at Bound for Glory I want to perform a song from my bands album live on the PPV and hopefully I can achieve that.”

On Vince McMahon and Dixie Carter: “I love Vince McMahon, I don’t have anything bad to say about him, we get along, we have had our ups and downs but he was a great boss. With Dixie it is more about family, like my daughter actually knows her kids and it is much more family like here in TNA and that is kind of what I like. Naturally the schedule is a lot more laid back so whenever I can have more time with my family that is crazy important. I think Dixie is a lot more personal whereas Vince is more professional.”

On working with CM Punk: “It was great working with CM Punk, we have different beliefs in terms of our outlook on life but he is so talented it’s crazy, we had many great matches together and it was a pleasure to work with him.”

11 Responses to “Jeff Hardy: ‘I Loved Working With CM Punk’ (Must-Read)”

1. Tiffanydude says:

"I'm setting another goal for myself for 2013 and that is at Bound for Glory I want to preform a song from my bands album live on the PPV and hopefully I can achieve that."
    Looks like Jeff might resign after all and Jeff is a really nice guy even after all the BS WWE put him through with Punk, not a bad nerve in the guy gotta respect that, I would love to see what Punk will say about Jeff.

• bik100 says:

Punk doesn't have any hard feelings with Hardy, he said Hardy was incredibly easy to work with in an interview a while ago.

• Tiffanydude says:

That's awesome now both stupid Jeff Hardy and CM Punk fan boys can finally STFU and *finally join together jeez* do you know if there a video to Punk's interview and post it?

• Philly_Cheese says:

Everyone should've known he plans on resigning… The only reason anyone has believed otherwise is because of his dumbass brother Matt.

2. DJBIGCG says:

I like how Tnas world heavy weight champion Jeff hardy is talking about his matches in wwe are memorable and how he still watches his matches he had in wwe

• Bigmike885 says:

wait..what?..what do you think he's going to say..nope.the matches that made me famous never happend, and i never watch them at all, all i do is watch what i do in TNA..think not..theres no reason for him to say otherwise…

• Philly_Cheese says:

Lets face it, his matches in WWE were the matches that made him as a wrestler. If he hadn't of done the stuff he did in WWE we wouldn't be seeing him how he is today. When you look back, his tag team with his brother was his first step. After that tag team ended everyone though his brother would be the successful one, up until his singles match with Taker.

• IHNSAIN says:

dude lol thats like a band changing record label and not playing any of there past stuff it still exists and he would be a lier if he said otherwise those matches are better than any he has ever had in tna not saying none have come close maybe a hand full of his tna matches have been as gd i suppose abyss hardy bfg think 2 years ago and that ladder match with aa

atm hardy seems to cautious if u ask me seen a match bout a month ago and he went to the top ripe like 6 times and 5 where a splash one was a swanton

3. Treck says:

Wherever Hardy has been without problems he creates memories.