Posted by TNA Wrestling News Staff on Oct 4, 2012
Jeff Hardy: ‘I’ve Never Suffered Drug Withdrawals’ + WWE?

Jeff Hardy: ‘I’ve Never Suffered Drug Withdrawals’ + WWE?

Jeff Hardy recently spoke with The Phoenix New Times promoting Bound for Glory. Check out the highlights:

On overcoming his personal demons: “I know how I am and what I’ve done and I wish it was as easy for [him] as it was for me I guess. Matt [Hardy] went through a dark period and I was just getting through my stuff and that was tough on me. I was like, “Oh my god, people are different.” I’ve never suffered physical withdrawals from not doing drugs, but that’s what separates me from everybody else, I guess, because I’m not like everybody else. I wish I could explain why some people don’t succeed but I don’t know. I mean all I know is how and who I am.”

On his brother Matt Hardy’s presumed drug-induced videos: “Yeah, I hated it. I hated everything he put up. I was embarrassed for him. But that was just stuff that he was going through. If I’m going to put something on YouTube it’s just going to be fun.”

On returning to WWE in the future: “Man, I really can’t answer that. I’m happy where I’m at right now with TNA. But you never say never in this business, so it depends on where I’ll be at in a few months.”

16 Responses to “Jeff Hardy: ‘I’ve Never Suffered Drug Withdrawals’ + WWE?”

1. Listentna says:

Jeff hardy good job. I think the stress of the wwe might turn u back onto those drugs. Stay in tna i think ur in ur prime. Wwe sounds like a mad house to work for

• Bigmike885 says:

youre blamming WWE for Hardys problems?..what a it a rough lifestyle?..sure, but to say its their fault for his drug issues in stupid

2. soyfenomenal says:

Where he'll be- meaning champion or not >_>

3. DJBIGCG says:

It wouldn't shock me if tna gives jeff hardy the championship to try and keep him in tna but we will just have to wait and see what happens on if he goes to wwe or stays in tna

4. kevinroulette says:

I hope he stays with tna . He sells mega merch, tna needs him. I'm sure he will get the belt and more money . Hes proved he can stay clean and he's looked good in the ring. Hope he resigns

5. Dante_Cross says:

I read this in his voice.

6. tnadude says:

I didn't like his WWE answer. This was not a typical interview. It was an interview set up by TNA to promote its biggest PPV of the year – BFG and as a main eventer besides. It wasn't just a one-off interview.

I respect the fact that it's a tough question, but he could have just said "I'm happy with TNA because it's the greatest company in the world but you can't predict the future, especially in the wrestling business." That way, he can be a good company man while still remaining true to himself.

However, he literally points out that he could possibly leave for WWE in "a few months". While I doubt that will actually happen, it's still contract posturing. And there's no place for it in that particular interview.

If I lived in Phoenix and was a casual fan, I'd be left asking myself if I really wanted to attend an event where a main eventer may be gone in a few months.

• toddmikki says:

i agree with you completely, If i were TNA id say alright your NOT receiving the belt now and if you want it in the future than we'll talk then.

• Pipboy86 says:

I've been saying this for a while, despite the positive spin that this site and Matt Hardy has tried to put on Jeff Hardy not needing money and being committed to TNA. Everybody needs money and to say that the cost of hiring an attorney for legal fees is high is an understatement. It is downright absurdly high. It cost me 90,000 dollars in my civil suit and that was right up front before the lawyer took 1/4 of the damages I received when we settled out of court. God only knows how much it cost him in his criminal case to keep him out of prison, but it was a significant amount of cash you can be sure.

He is obviously keeping his options open and it will be about money in the end. He would be silly not to do so because ultimately that is what the wrestling business is all about. He has to view WWE as a legitimate possibility when his contract runs out and that is what makes booking him so strongly, so dangerous especially since they obviously changed the BFG series at the last minute to put him in a stronger position. It has the potential to literally blow up in TNA's face and that is the last thing it needs after so many failures over the last couple of years.

• DJBIGCG says:

I agree with pip, everybody has to work there 9 to 5 to feed thereself, family and a place to stay. I think if wwe REALLY wants Jeff, they'll pay him the big bucks to persuade him to jump ship. And since hhh is running a lot of things in wwe now, they might have a better shot at getting him but you never know

• Bigmike885 says:

Id rather have him tell the truth then give the loyal man answer. if he stays..great..if he gives TNA the motivation to push yet another TNA homegrown guy.

7. purpleurkel says:

What drug was he on during the Sting v Hardy match? I assumed heroin but I must be wrong, because nobody in history has gotten off H without withdrawels

• Pipboy86 says:

I know! I am no medical expert, but I have never heard of anyone getting off of opioid's without some symptoms of withdrawals, especially without going to rehab and methadone. It is just physiology. It reads like more mumbo jumbo from Jeff Hardy.