Posted by TNA Wrestling News Staff on Apr 23, 2013
Jeff Hardy Speaks Out – TNA Over WWE, Brother Matt, More

Jeff Hardy Speaks Out – TNA Over WWE, Brother Matt, More

Credit: Newsday

Jeff Hardy recently spoke about choosing TNA over WWE and more. Here are the highlights…

On Choosing TNA Over WWE: “I was in TNA years ago, and it’s just more alternative, and more different, and I’m a different kind of cat. I can be more of the enigma I want to be with the music and art and just a professional wrestler in general. The WWE kind of limits it with what you can do, and here I can express my spirit more.”

On Becoming a Wrestler: “Back in the day when I’d see Hulk Hogan, The Ultimate Warrior, Sting — especially The Ultimate Warrior and Sting — with the face paint and the larger than life characters, I was obsessed with it. And then I learned more about professional wrestling and the beauty that does exist in it. It truly is an art, and I became obsessed with it and I said, ‘this is what I have to do'”.

On His Relationship With His Brother Matt: “We have a great relationship. He is working some Ring of Honor shows and working a lot of independent shows. So he’s staying busy. He’s pretty much his own boss. But yeah, we still stay in touch.”

14 Responses to “Jeff Hardy Speaks Out – TNA Over WWE, Brother Matt, More”

1. tna24 says:

got to love jeff he a true pro and he so much better than his bro matt.

• ricky_No1 says:

Professional and jeff hardy are two words i would not use in the same sentence.

• The Spectacular Crimson Spider says:

Yo, are you screwed up in the head? Jeff is more popular than Matt, yes, but Matt is the better wrestler. Matt as a singles competitor is better than Jeff period. Jeff takes more high spots but Matt is more technical. Just compare their singles matches and see for yourself. Jeff vs Abyss and Matt vs Rey Mysterio or if you really wanna see it, Matt vs Jeff at WrestleMania in the I Quit Match.

2. Tiffanydude says:

I'm happy Jeff is in TNA, he's great in the ring, charismatic. lots of energy, loved backstage mic skills….eh decent and brings in tons of cash for TNA, he has his moments where he's showcased and used too much, but other than that I'm happy he's with the TNA roster :)

• ariesstormjoe says:

i think all the top guys will get that chance or have done in the past.

in terms of merch selling hes tna's cena. but in terms of how hes used hes like the other top guys in the company i think. eg roode, aj, storm, aries, bully ray, daniels. he got his title run, his main event spot. and that gets passed on to someone else whilst he takes time off.

3. annil8or4321 says:

hes not too bad, they do kind of shove him in your face a bit though

4. godoftna says:

Were Matt to clean up his act(if he hasn't already), he'd be worth bringing back to TNA. So long as he didn't try and pull the "I'm a big superstar" routine again.

• Tiffanydude says:

I actually liked Matt when he was TNA, I thought he was going to adopt a submission type of wrestling especially with his Icepick submission, but that all went down hill with his DUI, if he really is clean then I'd welcome him back with open arms, If Jeff can get clean than i"m pretty sure he can too.

• Philly_Cheese says:

I thought Matt was actually going to do better in TNA as well, until he started spiraling out of control. Although he was good in the ring, he was terrible on the mic…

5. Undedlok says:

Heck, if TNA could somehow pull Corino, Jacobs, Rave, Matt and Steen they could run SCUM gimmick in TNA. They could use AJ as their push into TNA as AJ joins SCUM … this would be an alternate to teams TNA and A&8's.

6. RR_2012 says:

Jeff hardy: The high flyer of this generation of wrestling
    Always loved the hardys growing up, nice to see one is still on TV doing the same insane shit they were known for doing in the attitude era and gaining world champions.

• Philly_Cheese says:

Well actually Jeff has toned it down significantly since the attitude era. During that time they were doing far more dangerous stuff than anything he's done in a long time.

7. hangers says:

I'd like to see Matt back in TNA..