Posted by TNA Wrestling News Staff on Nov 13, 2012
Jerry Jarrett Rips Lawler/Punk RAW Angle – Turns It Off

Jerry Jarrett Rips Lawler/Punk RAW Angle – Turns It Off

Jerry Jarrett posted the following on his Facebook, discussing Monday night’s angle where Jerry Lawler returned to RAW…

I watched WWE last night. Jerry Lawler was returning after surviving a life threatening heart attack. I sat watching the television with a feeling of pride that they were honoring the return of such a great wrestler. I sat thinking, “now this is real class”. Just when I was appreciating the class WWE was showing, it ended suddendly with a juvenile cheap heat angle. I turned the television off and starting thinking about Linda McMahon’s hard work and great expense running for the Senate. It is exactly this kind of programming that prevented her from becoming a Senator. Wrestling should have some limits and boundaries. If you offend great portions of the audience, it is a bad angle.

18 Responses to “Jerry Jarrett Rips Lawler/Punk RAW Angle – Turns It Off”

1. ramman4488 says:

I have no idea what's going on in wwe.But insulting Jerry Lawler? They've sunk to a new low.

• rawuncutnxrated says:

No need to insult Lawler, he does a fine job of diminishing himself daily.

And the lowest was when Lawler's mom died & they let Cole use it in an angle. Lawler truly has no scruples.

2. TwIsTeD_EnEmY says:

I didn't watch Raw.
    Sounds a bit lame though

3. soyfenomenal says:

Raw is shit. Heels there are shit. Most faces there are talentless. Hell, most of the roster sucks.

• Mr. Excitement says:

RAW has talented wrestlers but they have to wrestle a really toned down style on TV. And since many of them lack mic skills, they remain mid carders.

TNA would make a better place for them.

• Stunner says:

WHAT!!! Now I’m ticked I will give TNA credit when credit is due, ok how about doing the same for the WWE? The WWE has talent, WHAT…. Yes Talent, however with the way the program is marketed is the problem. Again the WWE has Talent, the Storylines lag, ok TRUE, some of the Wrestlers or The Big Slow everytime he’s in a match I get up an make a sandwich and have chips&Dip and a Drink and he’s only did two moves. Lol! But Really the WWE Doesn’t have Talent? come on now, Randy Orton has Talent. An there are many others as well. I will take the Storylines, I will take the marketed programming, and I will even take the CLASSLESS angle with Punk/Gayman& Lawler . However the WWE does have Talent, of you were to take a few as some people say NO Talent Wrestlers in TNA it would blow the lid off the joint! Bottom line the WWE Does have TALENT!

4. Roid Master says:

I tried watching Raw a few weeks ago…it was horrid.

• Mutter5 says:

A punk and heyman promo is entertaining and most things involving Dolf Ziggler is entertaining… I record it and fast forward the majority of it….

5. annil8or4321 says:

i feel like im 13 when i watch it, its very water down, the heels are entertaining but they arent on all the time so the show lags with some almost ludicrus story lines. when i was really 13 wrestling was hokey but they had so much talent the story could suffer without taking away from the action

6. dcxboxx says:

it was an awesome angle. for everyone *****ing about wwe being pg so much, dont get pissed at something like this. if you are offended so fn what. btw i did not watch raw . but ill prob check it out for this.

7. Whatever says:

Everyone should read this its a pretty interesting story about how wonderful it is working for tna

8. tnatotallysucks says:

everyone's pissed when WWE went PG, now WWE is showing something different, come on guys, you think they would make this angle without the consent of Jerry? i bet Jerry was too happy he got himself an angle when he came back. as everyone knows wrestling is scripted, you think punk and heyman would make fun of jerry's health without jerry's consent!?

9. Bigmike885 says:

I really dont see why everyone is offended…If you know Lawler at all you knew this was going to happen. He doesnt have any limits…they all signed off on it.

10. locktite says:

Are you serious WWE is watered down, but they aren't running a joke like a MC is gonna get involved in a second rate wrestling show. You have to have the I.Q of a carrot to be entertained by this. This badas$ bunch of bikers is gonna come and getcha. My dear Lord get a grip. As someone said about WWE that you could fast forward through it, well watch WWE shows from 20 years ago to see TNA's new, up and coming talent.

11. Herr_Odditus says:

I remember watching WWE a year or two ago when Lawler and Cole were feuding and it was not long after Jerry Lawler's mother died and Michael Cole rubbed it in that his mother was dead. I thought that was in very poor taste.

12. TheHamma says:

I am surprised that people are so upset about that angle, yeah it was classless but come on Vince has done angles a lot worse then this, Vince would suck a you know what to get ratings, remember the Kane/triple H angle about Katie Vick. or some of the other crazy angles that he has come up with.