Posted by TNA Wrestling News Staff on Nov 23, 2012
Jerry Lynn Talks About The End Of His Wrestling Career

Jerry Lynn Talks About The End Of His Wrestling Career

Jerry Lynn joined The Big Mosh, “The Chairman of the Board” Todd Vincent, and Jim Molineaux for his final-ever interview on Monday Night Mayhem. Highlights from the interview are as follows:

His motivation for continuing to wrestle, despite thinking the subject of “retirement” for the past five years: “I love it. I have a passion for this that nobody will ever understand. The person that may realize this is Jake ‘The Snake.’ I’ve seen a lot of people come and go, but if you want to last, you must have a true passion for it to keep going through all of the politics, the injuries, and the sacrifices you make. And what I love about this is that you never stop learning. I’m still learning. There is so much more that I want to keep learning about it.”

Being selected by Ring of Honor at “Final Battle 2012″ to compete in one of his final matches: “It’s going to be a big night. It’s my last Ring of Honor show. It is very emotional. I’ve always been the one to say ‘There’s no crying in wrestling.’ I’ve already started to feel a little misty-eyed. It’s going to be a big show, because Ring of Honor had a big part in rejuvenating my career towards the end. Plus, the building (The Hammerstein Ballroom) is special too.”

The one thing he wishes he could have done over in his career and the advice he gives to those just starting in the business based on that: “One of the only regrets I have is I didn’t feel comfortable taking a move one time. I got talked into doing it, and it messed up my arm for life. So I always tell young guys that if you ever don’t feel comfortable doing something, don’t be afraid to say no, because it is your life on the line.”

If his forthcoming retirement is just from wrestling inside the squared circle or if he will be stepping back entirely: “In-ring that it. I don’t have a choice in the matter. My body is done. My bump card is full. I’m on fumes now, and I’m really pushing it. I’m just trying to get around to a lot of my regulars one last time. There’s a couple of independent groups like Crossfire in Nashville, and Extreme Rising, and there might be a few others that may be interested in using me as a road agent behind the scenes to help them with the shows. You never know. I may be interested in being a trainer for the WWE one day. But that needs to be put on the back burner right now, because then I’d have to pick up and move the family. But again, they would have to be interested in me. I couldn’t just show up and say ‘I’m here!’ But I would love to be involved behind the scenes, because I have a passion for this. There’s a lot more I’d like to learn.”

15 Responses to “Jerry Lynn Talks About The End Of His Wrestling Career”

1. bik100 says:

I'd love to see him have one more match with RVD for the X-Division Title..

• Dirk1n says:

I'd say RVD's matches with Lynn have been his best in TNA, that says a lot for how well those two can work together
      You'd have to think Jerry would love to face RVD one last time

• Peckar says:

His last match will be in ROH. It is already advertised. Would be nice if RVD was allowed to wrestle him at Final Battle. With Nigel McGuinness now match maker, It is very possible if TNA come to the party.

• dcxboxx says:

would be a better fit if they could face off in extreme rising and have rvd and lynn come back to philly for one final battle in front of an ecw crowed. that and extreme rising has been out drawing tna and roh attendance wise in the area. but extreme rising said they wont use any tna contracted talent. so unless he can hold off til april for the mania weekend shows and doesnt sign a new tna deal that wont happen.

• DickTheBruiser says:

Kind of funny you say that. There is a rumor that Jerry's last match will be at an Extreme Rising event in April. Due to his current back injury, his final match has supposedly been post-poned until April. I'm not sure if that ruins his ROH match at Final Battle or not.

• dcxboxx says:

extreme rising just announced homicide vs lynn will finally happen at the big december 29th show where they crown the first ever world champion in extreme rising. (i have front row tickets for december 29th, and i hope he still works with them for the mania weekend shows in philly and nyc as im traveling to all 3 . i'm going to roh as well if extreme risings nyc show on that same date doesnt conflict , i also intend on going to one of the tna house shows and prob pws (they have la parka booked) and im going to go to dragons gate and prob chikara, I am not going to mania btw. (i can do all these shows fly to nyc have ringside seats and have a place to stay for not much more than a mid range floor seat at mania. (mania ringside was 2000 and floor seats after the golden circle area were 850, f that)

EXTREME RISING PRO WRESTLING Saturday, December 29th 7pm belltime… Extreme Rising will crown their first-ever champion, as the two finalists from the second round matches will face off one-on-one to determine who will be the first to wear the prestigious Title belt.

Extreme Rising Title Match
            Winner of Match 1 vs. Winner of Match 2

Second Round Title Tournament Matches
            (Match 1) RHINO vs. DEVON STORM
            (Match 2) STEVIE RICHARDS vs. LUKE HAWX

It has been building for months, and it all culminates in a steel cage –finally.

THE GANGSTAS NEW JACK & MUSTAFA vs. BLK OUT JEEZ & RUCKUS

Direct from Mexico, featuring two of the youngest and hottest breakout stars of Lucha in their first-ever United States showdown.

HIJO DE REY MISTERO "The heir to the Misterio Family legacy"
            vs.
            BESTIA 666 "Son of Mexican legend, Damien 666"

No more ducking. No more excuses. In what could be his final Extreme Rising match before his retirement…

JERRY LYNN vs HOMICIDE

Card also will feature SABU, MATT HARDY, REBY SKY, PAPADON, THE FBI, FAÇADE, JAY BRADLEY, JOEL GERTNER, ROBBIE MIRENO, and more to be announced.

2. DickTheBruiser says:

Jerry Lynn is one of the best in the business. I'd love the chance to see him live one last time. It's a shame someone so great has to retire.

• dcxboxx says:

im traveling to philly for extreme rising december 29th he will be wrestling. i got to see him a few months back in new orleans against luke hawks which was a good match.

• DickTheBruiser says:

Have you read anything stating his "last match" would be post poned due to a back injury?

I'd love to hear from you a report of the event!

• dcxboxx says:

i'll make a report of the event not a problem. and i'll take pictures as well. wont post the pics til dec 30th because I won't arrive back home to new orleans until then. flying to philly the morning of the 29th for show leaving the next morning.

3. TwIsTeD_EnEmY says:

Haven't had any new news in so long…..
    zzzzZzzzzz

4. whatsup121 says:

At least I got to See Jerry Lynn take on RVD in an epic match

5. whatsup121 says:

so good words of wisdom for the next generation of wrestlers

6. Ringmaster44 says:

Final Battle 2012……..gona be an awesome show ladder war 4 gona b moty contender for sure, plus lynn retrnin for a last macth, matt hardy match is just like y? but its gona put all wwe and most of tna shows to shame tna fan or not. look at the card