Posted by TNA Wrestling News Staff on Mar 3, 2013
Jesse Sorensen’s New TNA Role Revealed

Jesse Sorensen’s New TNA Role Revealed

TNA star Jesse Sorensen, who suffered a neck injury over a year ago, stated on his Twitter account that he is now working in the TNA offices as a marketing/production assistant.

This could indicate that his career as a wrestler is possibly over.

19 Responses to “Jesse Sorensen’s New TNA Role Revealed”

1. Tiffanydude says:

That's really sad, I really hope it's just temporary and he's just healing, reading this is just really unfortunate for Jessie, at least TNA gave a new job that's something.

• THISISASHOOT247 says:

I actually had a lot of hope for Sorenson. I thought he could possibly be the Face of TNA in the future. Him and Zema Ion couldve been the Styles/Daniels feud of the future.

• Tiffanydude says:

Hopefully he can wrestle again once he recovers, If he recovers

• Philly_Cheese says:

Sorenson had talent, but his gimmick wasn't very good to be honest… The whole football thing wasn't very appealing.

• Tiffanydude says:

He was still green, I'm pretty sure the football gimmick wasn't his real gimmick, more like a starting point for him like Triple H's Hunter Hearst Healmsly gimmick

• Matt Hardy says:

Ehh! I never never saw that talent in either of them to be honest. Wrestlers like AJ Styles and Christopher Daniels don't come around that often, which is what makes it more a shame to me the way TNA farted around with them for so long. I kid you not, when TNA first started it's national television deal with Spike, before the bloom was off the rose, the three people I always heard most talked about by fans who were new to TNA were: Samoa Joe, AJ Styles and Chris Daniels. Zema Ion is ok, and he might even be a pretty decent X division guy before it is over, and Jesse Sorrensen seemed to have a little but of talent, but was very green. Neither of them seem to be the type of guys who could transition that though into something bigger.

• tnadude says:

I've got to agree with you (although tbh, I don't want to). I do think that Ion could be a good talent at some point, but he's at least several years away.

Put simple, Robbie E. is a perennial mid-card door-mat and he's way ahead of Ion. Truth be told, though, Robbie E. should be rewarded for his work, but that's a different story…

2. The Truth says:

This dude is going to be a cheerleader soon. What a wussy gimp, better he learned now … But saying he had a career is the over statement of the year so far.

• Tiffanydude says:

……..Are You Insane or just really stupid & heartless? How is he a wussy? His C-1 Vertebrae was fractured and he still survived and only had temporary paralysis, for him to even walk is a miracle. But saying that would be the understatement of the year.

• adam smoke says:

He wud break your neck u prat stop talking wet

3. Treck says:

That is good tna gave him a job. Hope he can get better and wrestle again. Put him heel

• Tiffanydude says:

He comes back as Ace's & Eights and blames Hogan & TNA for his Injury or something like that, I think that would be a good way for Jesse to return and he could win the X Title much easier with Ace's & Eight's help.

• tna24 says:

how do you think that from this story. if he has a new role in tna it most likely mean he done with wrestling or he taking time off. i highly doubt he will be with As & 8

4. tna24 says:

just like when desmond wolfe got a new role with tna. this doesnt sound good for soresens wrestling career. this most likely mean it over. neck injuries are no joke

5. Tna man says:

He reminded me of a young randy ortion

6. Matt Hardy says:

He's lucky to be walking again! That is a positive. I think if I were him, I would have walked out the door as soon as I could get out of the hospital bed. I quit wrestling after 2 stingers. For Brits who maybe don't know what that means (I'm not sure if its just American sports slang), it means when your spine gets briefly compressed from like getting dropped on your head as in my case and you temporarily lose feeling or have pins and needles (For like a few minutes or hours). It is just not worth it to me. Wrestling is short term, the rest of your life is not.

• tnadude says:

Apparently, people around here believe that the wrestlers are supposed to be willing to die in action to give us a couple of hours of quality TV every week… I don't get it either.

BTW – props to you for seeing the bigger picture and hanging it up.