Posted by TNA Wrestling News Staff on Sep 27, 2013
Jim Ross Q&A – Kurt Angle/WWE Return, TNA Future?

Jim Ross Q&A – Kurt Angle/WWE Return, TNA Future?

The following are highlights from some new Jim Ross website Q&A:

On working with Boyd Pierce and Mid-South attempting to go national: “Boyd was a funny guy who loved to make people laugh. A natural born showman. Mid South attempting to go national was our best hope of surviving in our economically depressed base area.”

On Kurt Angle ever returning to WWE: “Truly, never say never. Kurt in the WWE HOF makes sense….wrestling? Not so sold on that except perhaps a retirement match at WrestleMania.”

On working with TNA in the future: “No disrespect taken…Just not interested in working w/ any wrestling company at this time.”

On JR being rude to fans asking about his contract status: “I’d suggest I interact w/ fans as well as anyone in the business or at least I try. I certainly don’t feel that I’m better than any wrestling fan or anyone else. At the same time, my exact contractual status w/ any organization isn’t something I care to discuss. Bottom line, I’m no longer employed at WWE and look forward to the future engaging other entities. Will my existing work in WWE, WCW and Mud Soth continue to exist on WWE projects? I’d say most likely to that.”

Check out more JR Q&A on his official website at

9 Responses to “Jim Ross Q&A – Kurt Angle/WWE Return, TNA Future?”

1. DJBIGCG says:

Good interview with JR

2. tna24 says:

jim ross is cool and all, but im more for them bring back don west and dumping taz. jim ross too me is more wwe him in tna would seem weird

• DarkNexxus says:

I agree that Jim is cool, but please, not Don West. His voice grates against the sides of my skull when I watch TNA. He's not a a bad guy and I don't dislike him in any way, but when he was announcing, I would literally mute my audio during matches just to avoid hearing him. I like Taz and all, but he doesn't bring a whole lot to the table, short of experience. I don't know of anyone right off that I'd recommend to replace Taz, I'm sure there is someone better, however, a name eludes me at this time.

• soyfenomenal says:

Don West actually brought excitement to the show. Tenay and Taz are so shit. Monotonous and annoying.

• Ezza says:

Scott hudson, he was one of wcw most underated announcers

• Dennis D says:

Yeah guys will probably hate me for saying this, but I’d like to see “the band” back together and see Mark Madden, Tony Schiavone, and Mike Tenay calling matches like the wCw days.

Wait.. The Band?… I take that back, I’d love to see Kevin Nash play color commentary in between Taz & Tenay. Kinda like JBL in WWE. Nash is a pretty funny smart @$$ Lmao

• DirkB says:

Most people that want JR in TNA aren't just thinking about commentary

• Bigmike885 says:

dirk's right..most people want him there to run creative or talent relations

3. Mytimeznow says:

JR would never join TNA for various reasons , just forget him ….
    I dunno why ppl hate TAZ so much , he is doing a decent job as a heel color commentator plus he has a character even can be part of storylines ,while many other commentators will just remain dull commentators.
    Him and Mike Tenay make a nice Heel-Face duo at Commentary.