Posted by TNA Wrestling News Staff on Jul 3, 2013
Joey Ryan Confirms Release From TNA

Joey Ryan Confirms Release From TNA

Joey Ryan has confirmed his TNA release on Twitter.

He wrote: “Now free to work anywhere. Contact if interested. Also, support me by buying a t-shirt at”

As noted earlier, Taylor Hendrix revealed on Twitter that she asked for her release from the company. She wrote: “Fans I’m not mad. It was a decision I made. Be happy for the direction I choose- I #DareToBe Revolutionary & now I can do that for my future.”

17 Responses to “Joey Ryan Confirms Release From TNA”

1. Peckar says:

Not a big loss. Really not very impressive in the ring.

2. Tiffanydude says:

God Damn It, I liked Joey Ryan and Taeler, sad they never really got a chance to show their potential :(

3. Get_Carter says:

After all of that build up and swerves getting Joey Ryan into TNA he ends up in a few comedy matches and then gets released. Honestly, I think TNA could have done more with his character. Not the greatest in-ring worker but I think this is an opportunity lost.

4. piro4351 says:

they def missed out on a very talented performer..they pulled a WCW on him..tnas just not going anywhere lol

5. Goeroe1981 says:

So they might as well cancel the Gutcheck if you see all the releases. I'm shocked. Joey Ryan got a build up and for what. The match York had with Hardy in the beginning suggested a push for him but was all for nothing now. And how do you think it will come accross to new wrestlers? I think this is a big failure.

Can somebody answer me if the BIG free agent is allready here or if it was the MMA guy? Because if that was the BIG star it's weak and very disappointing. I still hope they are cutting people because the BIG star is heavy on the payroll and worth the while. I support TNA is most of it's product and what they are trying to achieve, but this gives me a feeling of utter control loss in TNA. I prey i'm wrong, but i have a bad gutfeeling about this.

6. JoshuaTNA says:

They can't keep letting this happen, How are they gonna make people care about these gutcheck matches if the winners don't amount to anything ? Tna needs to do a better job with this.

• tna24 says:

to be fair Taylor Hendrix as shown wanted to be let go and another who was cut a while back wasnt even in tna plans before ric flair mess it up and said yes to signing him

7. Listentna says:

Tna needs to call joey ryan and crimson back and please get rid of the hogans, king mo, chavo, taz, sam shaw,alex silva, brisco, garret, dlo brown, bruce prichard. That should b a good start. Also bring back that todd kennedy guy or what ever his name is. Oh yeah and rampage needs to go for now

8. tna24 says:

it sucks to see these guys get cut, but it not like tna cutting people they use. like they said it cutting cost of people who arent being use and who dont have a future with tna. tna a mess right now , they really need to figure them self out

9. tna24 says:

on here they said wwe does this all the time but really, wwe has many wrestler on the roster who are hardly use at all like these guys me this mean tna might have money problems

• Goeroe1981 says:

You have any idea how rich the Carter's are? If they want to succeed (really want too) they can go toe to toe with Vince on that part. But my feeling is they see it as a toy. Why do is say that::

Too little exposure (the Carter's know how too build something up, so strange that it goes so bad with the TNA exposure).

If i was Carter and serious about TNA i would make it happen no matter the cost. But i'm a wrestling fan and Carter will (believe me) let TNA go the minute it really gets risky.

• tna24 says:

no they dont do that i believe is because they have another company to worry about and they are more focus on worrying about that then they are with tna. dixie dad will help her, but not to the point it will hurt his company

• Goeroe1981 says:

Just like i said TNA should be ran by someone who sees it as it's main focus in order to be bigger and better. Dixie isn't a good seen it all bussiness woman.

10. Sa7827 says:

Joey Ryan was better in the ring than he got to show.TNA wanted him to be funny .Just check out some of his matches on YouTube.Hulk Hogan and his daughter are the problem.TNA is paying the Hogans way more than they are worth.Please Dixie put more focus on your young talent and the KO ‘s.I would like to see the Beautiful people again with Velvet , Taryn T., and Madison If she comes back.

11. rrrwwws says:

All tna is doing is the same thing wwe does every year they trim the fat on there roster…how are they going to have $ to sign bigger stars if there paying all these gut check people a monthly guarantee.. they need to stop paying people they don’t use and be more cost effective.

12. JoeWrestling says:

Gut check is just a gimmick segment for the TV show, and some people for a few filler matches. It's meant to capitalize on a reality TV demographic, which they've toyed with for awhile. If you were expecting more, you were fooling yourself. It's a shot at a developmental spot, not a new main carder. People can complain about paying "stars" too much money, but I guess we can just get rid of the big names and we'd do as good as ROH wrestling. No thanks. They can't build no namers into stars, if you don't believe, see how many great stars Bellator builds on their own. I think Bellator is great, but can't build an audience without established stars.