Posted by TNA Wrestling News Staff on Jan 12, 2013
Kevin Nash: ‘Why Is Sting On WWE’s Alumni Section?’

Kevin Nash: ‘Why Is Sting On WWE’s Alumni Section?’

Kevin Nash made the following tweet about TNA star Sting getting an Alumni profile on WWE.com even though Sting has never been in a WWE ring:

“Was on http://WWE.com an went thru the alumni how is Sting listed he never worked a WWF or WWE match?”

“Not saying he’s not a legend just not a WWF WWE legend.If you never played for the Yankees how are you a Yankees legend?”

26 Responses to “Kevin Nash: ‘Why Is Sting On WWE’s Alumni Section?’”

1. Tiffanydude says:

wait…..what? I'm so very confused right now

2. HolsG says:

I agree with Nash tbh, Sting shouldn't be on there if it's not for the company itself, if tna did it they'll be sued to hell

• Bigmike885 says:

If TNA did this on guys like Angle, Hardy, Christian, Booker or Foley they could, they have footage and photos that are their property. WWE owns 99 percent of stings career, and in reality they can do what they want with it. And before we get the "well if they do they should mention TNA"..why? While Sting has been fine in TNA, he could have retired the day WCW died and his career would be perfect. Thats the part that WWE is promoting

• rawuncutnxrated says:

Exactly. Just like when Flair retired after the Michael's match, they are acting like he's still retired & never wrestled in TNA or Australia.

• Bigmike885 says:

well lets be honest..would you really want to aknowledge his wrestling in Australia or TNA? Michaels got a good match out of him (Michaels could get a good match out of me if need be) but after that much of what Flair has done was forgettable

• Dirk1n says:

I enjoyed Flair's match with Foley in TNA, but I can't imagine he's done much else worthwhile since WWE retired him

3. 02Roadking says:

Wasn't he a star on WCW? And since WWE bought everything from WCW….ipso facto, he's a part of WWE alumni…..

Anyways, why does Nash care?

• pepsilover2008 says:

I'd assume him and sting are friends.

• Bigmike885 says:

holy crap somebody gets it

• Matt Hardy says:

Bought everything…but the big money contracts of guys like Sting. He was never ever employed by Vince McMahon or spent a second in a WWF/E promoted ring. Nash is right. It is one of the few times I find myself agreeing with him. It is about principles. Sting is not a WWE Alumnus.

• Whatever says:

Has anybody actually taken a look at the bio on their alumni page, it’s the old blonde hair crew cut stinger not the crow gimmick. Besides its been said too many times wwe owns the history of wcw and can do what they like with it. He’ll they can make a self destruction of sting DVD if they wanted but they won’t cause eventually he will more than likely be employed by wwe so certain “fans” will learn to have to deal with it

4. Firestormdzl says:

Sting is the only legend that never been to wwe. I really wish it will remain that way. Sting was the Franchise of WCW and now in my view, he is the Franchise of iMPACT Wrestling.

5. Dante_Cross says:

He has a point. I was thinking the same thing. WWE bought WCW, which is not the same as a merger, where both companies mutually interwork into the other, in which case, histories of both companies are claimed by this new entity. But sense WCW was bought, and not through a merger, it ceased to exist and thus, any history from WCW did not carry over into WWE.

• Whatever says:

Technically it still did exist cause of the wcw/ecw invasion angle that played for out for some time in wwe. Besides wwe wcw and their library which just so happens to include all of wcw history thus they are allowed to do what they like with the sting character from wcw.

6. pepsilover2008 says:

Well knowing wwe they are probably trying to make the wwe fan kids, I know not all of them are kids, that sting was part of wwe to sell dvds

7. Eric! says:

The same way Drew Carrey is a worthy addition to the wwe hall of fame.

8. hangers says:

I agree with Nash's point but WWE has claimed all WCW history as their own now..

9. rawuncutnxrated says:

Actually, Sting was on Nitro's last show in the last match w/ Flair. At that moment it really was a WWE ring. Sting did work a match under McMahon.

• Bigmike885 says:

Best part for WWE is they didnt have to pay him for it, he was still under contract to Turner. but you do have a point, he has tecnically work in a wwe ring

• Matt Hardy says:

I can understand that, but also what Nash is saying. Sting actually did wrestle one match for WWE. Even though that is technically true though, it is really splitting hairs IMO. It was still branded WCW at that point, nobody outside the inner circle even knew the deal went through and it was one match where he was still actually employed by AOL/Time. It was a weird situation to be sure. As far as Nash saying he's not a WWE alumn and didn't make any part of his name in WWF, I wholeheartedly agree with that. It is what it is. To me it is like how Crockett NWA for all intensive purposes ceased to exist with the sale to Turner. They can say we are a part of the NWA all they want, even defend an NWA title there all they want, but it is not the NWA. Magnum TA was no more a WCW star (even though he had some appearances after the sale) than Sting is a WWF alumn.

10. dcxboxx says:

sting is a wwe legend though hes part of the wwe universe and was in a wwe ring on wwf/wcw nitro for the last show

11. JoeWrestling says:

Nash is an idiot. WWE is WCW. They bought all their assets. So Sting was in WWE since anything that was part of WCW is now part of WWE. Has Sting been working for the management structure of WWF/WWE? Maybe not, but it doesn't change that WCW is part of WWE now. Anything that is WWF, ECW, WCW, etc can now we labelled as a WWE product. This is just dumb for Nash to say, because if Nash is put in the HOF or celebrated by WWE, you think they are just celebrating his Big Daddy Cool character, or do we think most his recognition is from NWO and his WCW accomplishments. I'm sure when he shows up at WWE he says please don't judge me on any of my WCW work, I just want my WWE accomplishments evaluated. Right.

12. jbristow78 says:

well WWE has used and made money out of everything else that was WCW…sad, but that is how it is…bet Sting doesn't like it either lol fock vince

13. piperfan says:

Kev…..you suck

14. PennyAnd1 says:

Nash is jealous.lol Who cares! Sting is the Chuck Norris of wrestling. He doesn't need to wrestle in WWE, he is a true wrestling God.

15. The shield says:

Aries and Cm punk would kick stings ass, if he was in his prime. the guy was overrated IMO dare I say an undertaker knock off