Posted by TNA Wrestling News Staff on Oct 4, 2012
King Mo Speaks Out – Liking Flair Over Hogan, Training

King Mo Speaks Out – Liking Flair Over Hogan, Training

King Mo recently spoke with Busted Open Radio about his wrestling training and more. Here are the highlights…

Where does he feel he is at with his wrestling training: “As far as where I’m at, I’m still a baby. Some people it takes years. Some people it takes a few months. I’m hoping it takes a few months, but I want to be on the level of Kurt Angle. If I could get to that level in a few years, I’ll be alright. I still have a long way to go. I’m willing to spend the time and dedication to get there.”

What his role will be as enforcer in the James Storm/Bobby Roode falls count anywhere match?: “I guess I’m a referee and an enforcer. I figure if I’m the guest enforcer, I might as well be the referee as well..I’m cool with anyplace besides the bathroom. I don’t want to be slapping one, two, three and there is piss on the floor. I don’t care if its dirty, I just don’t want any bodily fluids on the floor. If it’s blood, I’m ok with it. Any type of urine, I don’t want to deal with that.”

Will he fill the void of the lack of bad-asses in wrestling: “Here is the thing. Most of the guys who played the badass role are terrible wrestlers. I’m not saying I’m better than them, but I’m hoping I’m the badass with also being a good worker. The Ultimate Warrior was a badass but he wasn’t any good. Goldberg they said was horrendous. I’ve seen guys like Nathan Jones who wasn’t any good. So guys who played that badass role tend to be terrible workers. I want to change that perception. If I’m going to be a badass in this business, I want to be known as a guy that worked well too.”

Which career would he rather have? Ric Flair or Hulk Hogan?: “I’m more of a Ric Flair fan. NWA and WCW that was all me. I loved Hulk Hogan, but to me Sting and Ric Flair were those guys that got me star struck. I’d rather be Ric Flair. The cars, Space Mountain, the women, I’d much rather be Ric Flair.”

Talks about his debut on iMPACT! Wrestling: “Right now I’m nervous. My armpits are sweating. I’m nervous, but when I get out there I’m just going to be me. I’m going to let it come natural. I’m not going to try to force anything. I’m just going to be me. You see guys out there that play a role that’s just not them. The crowd is on to it and they don’t buy it. The people who play the role that is similar to them, a bigger version of them, then the crowd eats it up.”

15 Responses to “King Mo Speaks Out – Liking Flair Over Hogan, Training”

1. Listentna says:

Is that a picture of kenny king?

• soulbadguy says:

Holy crap, I laughed my ass out. Tnawrestlingnews can't get a younger version of sting so they use a screenshot of a game. Now they can't find a photo of king mo so they used someone who's african american instead.

2. Kyle says:

Call me crazy, but isn’t that a pic of Kenny King? I guess the writer figured a pic of any black guy would do.

3. toddmikki says:

why is Kenny Kings photo up there for King MO? LOL

4. purpleurkel says:

dont want to work the bathroom slappin piss on the floor???

huh?

5. Nova_numb says:

If I was a black man that would probably insult me, but since I am a fat white guy it kind of amuses me. This place really needs to start checking things better. I hope no one pays these people for stuff, that would be like paying for someone to paint your house with invisible paint….That'll be funny later…lol

6. whatsup121 says:

I like the fact that he set his wrestling goal at being on the same level as Kurt Angle and he can omit that it could take him years to reach that level it shows me that he is level headed and is not going to walk out on day one and expect a title shot for the Heavy Weight Championship.

• voyaga1 says:

I agree…think his head is in the right place. Hope he can shake things up on Impact and raise the bar for guys in the locker room.

7. Sturk says:

First thing I thought when I seen a King Mo post with Kenny King pic was "a white person posted this."

8. Leg Drop Jobber says:

Kenny King Mo

9. koysortna1 says:

i Literally LMAO! When i saw this picture of Kenny king instead of King Mo. Wow really? I know both of them are black guys but come on. These people who are posting these news should not drink while they are doing the article.