Posted by TNA Wrestling News Staff on Dec 13, 2012
Kurt Angle Calls Steve Austin ‘Underrated’ – Details

Kurt Angle Calls Steve Austin ‘Underrated’ – Details

Speaking to English digital publication Hooked on Wrestling, TNA Wrestling star Kurt Angle labeled WWE Hall of Famer and former rival “Stone Cold” Steve Austin “underrated.”

“One of the most underrated wrestlers – not entertainers, but wrestlers – in the history of professional wrestling,” said Angle of the 6-time WWE Champion. “He changed the face of wrestling. I wrestled him in my first year in the business, and I knew nothing. Austin carried me through every match that we had.”

Hooked on Wrestling is available online here.

13 Responses to “Kurt Angle Calls Steve Austin ‘Underrated’ – Details”

1. DJBIGCG says:

Much love on the props you gave to stone cold kurt

2. Philly_Cheese says:

People don't entirely realize how much of the complete package Steve Austin was… He knew how to wrestle, knew how the business worked, knew how to work a crowd, and knew how to draw.

• Bigmike885 says:

i agree man..he was never the same after his injury, but if you havent seen his in ring work before that you need to..he was top notch, and thats not saying he was bad after the injury, but he was a top 10 guy in terms of ring work at his peek

• LAwrestling112 says:

I secretly hope some young gun in TNA studies him and aspires to be their own version of that…cough…AJ styles….Cough. So far styles is 2/4. Come one AJ i have faith in you #HellGetitOneDay

3. hangers says:

He pretty much gave birth to the attitude era, that and Hulksters heel turn..

4. Smutking says:

He was a pretty good technical wrestler back in WCW and when he was the Ringmaster. Once he became Stone Cold it was kick to the gut, punches on top of opponent, Stunner. He was still entertaining then too. The beer truck/ zamboni stuff was classic attitude era stuff.

5. purpleurkel says:

he made it fel like you were part of the show….. "give me a hell yea" man that was gold

6. Firestormdzl says:

Even though I hate Steve Austin as of recent when he was messing around with iMPACT Wrestlers and trying to drag them to wwe, I have to say the guy was very entertaining back in the Attitude Era. It was very fun back then.

• Bigmike885 says:

wait..you hate him because he's trying to get guys in WWE?..have you read some of the interviews?..hes saying that itd be better for them finiancally if they went..but youre right..hes a dick for that…

• Firestormdzl says:

I'll be honest, I'm a big loyal fan of iMPACT Wrestling. After the Attitude Era, I started watching iMPACT Wrestling ever since. That was around June or July 2002 when I first started watching iMPACT / TNA.

I really respect Austin for what he did back in Attitude Era. However, when he posted this message "WWE should sign @SamoaJoe as soon as his TNA contract is up.", it became an offensive comment to myself and people are really love iMPACT Wrestling over pg wwe. You might not see it as offensive but for people who really love and really loyal to iMPACT Wrestling, it really is offensive.

All in all, I do respect and enjoy his time in Attitude era, but for what he posted on his twitter, I really hate him as of recent.

• Bigmike885 says:

While I get what your saying I completely get what Austin was saying when he says that stuff. He's not saying that he thinks wwe is the Better company but that it would be better for joe to go there for financial reasons and that he sees joe as a draw. In reality he was praising joe.Sent from my iPhone

• Darkelzallon says:

I think Austin got a lot of boos from TNA fans because of that comment. I remembered seeing "just go and kiss VKM's ass" or "Austin is WWE's puppet" etc from TNA's fans. Good money with bad reputation is probably not a good thing to go down in wrestling history. Best example = Hulk Hogan

7. Matt Hardy says:

I have only ever honestly heard idiots say Steve Austin was overrated to be honest. Most wrestlers and also knowledgeable wrestling fans, not fan-boys of whomever wrestler they don't want to share the spotlight with Austin, be it Hogan, Rock, Cena, etc, know that Steve Austin was both a very good wrestler and a top notch performer. Even after his neck surgery, he did a good job of re-inventing himself in the ring. The biggest mistake WCW ever made was getting rid of Austin. Even when they were giving him nothing to work with, you could see the guy had the potential to be a huge star, if you knew anything about wrestling. It is why I always say, a lot of what WCW was able to accomplish around this time with the NWO and beating WWE for a couple years, was apparently a lot more luck than skill or knowledge.